General Radox 5 minute Forum

Thought Tiger spoke quite coherently tonight..his spoken English is improving and did I hear right that a poss. New player was flying in from the States or was it the early evening Leffe talking:)
anyone have a link for last nights 5 min FF ? .... 6.30pm on a thursday really isnt convinient or easy to listen to it live for me ... and so far BBC Radio Oxford website dont appear to have it on iplayer?

anyone have a link for last nights 5 min FF ? .... 6.30pm on a thursday really isnt convinient or easy to listen to it live for me ... and so far BBC Radio Oxford website dont appear to have it on iplayer?

Listen from 2:36 into the programme.

Just in case I'm losing the old marbles, could someone confirm that I heard Tiger, in this latest fans forum, say that a player was flying in for a medical? Please tell me he wasn't referring to Kashi?
I understood his statement to indicate another squad member joining. Since then, nothing. Even @ECYellow has gone quiet.

Just in case I'm losing the old marbles, could someone confirm that I heard Tiger, in this latest fans forum, say that a player was flying in for a medical? Please tell me he wasn't referring to Kashi?
I understood his statement to indicate another squad member joining. Since then, nothing. Even @ECYellow has gone quiet.
Tiger did say a player was flying in for a medical... speculation/ supposition is it was Kash Saddiqi he was refering to,
more 'insight' in KR OM column ... (2nd subject) ...

Tiger did say a player was flying in for a medical... speculation/ supposition is it was Kash Saddiqi he was refering to,
more 'insight' in KR OM column ... (2nd subject) ...

For all the good that, it now appears, Tiger is doing for our club, I think we have to accept that some of his ‘proclamations’ are a tad on the eccentric and excitable side. This might just be one of them ? However, I hope it’s a different situation with the more important issues such as hints around the potential new ground..

not a clue .... was repeating Tigers reply ... maybe you can ask that question (to Zaki) in this coming Thursday's radio Oxford 5 min Fans forum @holdsteady ?

I am assuming it’s an actual signing flying who will have a medical, as that’s really the only way what was said makes sense.

I am assuming it’s an actual signing flying who will have a medical, as that’s really the only way what was said makes sense.
Robinson’s post match interview today gave no indication that there’s any new players coming in. He said he’s got a conference call with Tiger tomorrow morning but he’s happy with his squad. Any incoming players will probably depend on outgoings but he’s had no enquiries for any of his players. Tigers comments must surely have related to Saddiqi - I assume a medical would have been required if we’re planning on loaning him out to an Indian team - unless Robinson is really keeping his cards close to his chest?

although his English is improving, I find a lot of what Tiger says still makes little if any sense ... that said the 'player that' is coming / is here already (Kash Saddiqi) will be playing football "on loan" at a club in India, after a few weeks training in Oxford ... his main function is some kind of ambassadorial role, with his playing football very secondary to that. .... OUFC is very much Tiger's play thing, a signing to him, is very different to a signing to supporters Id guess?

KR explains it very well in his OM column earlier today... below a cut n paste of that :-

WE made a new signing this week – but I don’t know if he will ever play for the first team.
Kash Siddiqi is an amazing young man who believes that football can break down barriers.
He is right and Football for Peace, which he helped found, is an organisation we are pleased to be involved with.
Kash will work in partnership with the club and also help us try to stamp out discrimination within the game.
As a pioneering Asian footballer he has unbelievable contacts and a true passion which we have found inspiring.
He will train with Chris Allen and our under 23s for a week or two, but the plan is for him to go on loan to an Indian team and combine that with his off the pitch work for us.
I applaud Tiger and the board for this initiative and everyone at the club will give Kash our full support as he tries to remind people that football really can be the beautiful game for all.

Didn’t get to hear the 5 minute fans forum and can’t find any comment about it on hear, does anyone have a link please.

Didn’t get to hear the 5 minute fans forum and can’t find any comment about it on hear, does anyone have a link please.
I didn’t listen to it but according to RO this morning, one of Robinson’s comments was about getting Brannigan and Henry to sign new contracts, which is good news. He also spoke about signing a free agent to cover for Hanson who’s out until Christmas.

I didn’t listen to it but according to RO this morning, one of Robinson’s comments was about getting Brannigan and Henry to sign new contracts, which is good news. He also spoke about signing a free agent to cover for Hanson who’s out until Christmas.

Henry, really?

Hopefully he’ll replace Hanson with Kashi or someone with pace.

Are people expecting him to be more of a PR guy, giving out lovely soundbites like our friends in the North? I suspect N McW sees his role as managing the club on a day-to-day basis, making sure the safety team are in place, matches are organised, away travel sorted, the ticket office is running. Obviously not doing all that stuff himself, but keeping track that these are being done.

Then shouldn’t that be 100% clear? Not least to him.
If that were the case when someone asks the question ‘how much do we owe eales ‘ surely the answer should be - I don’t know I’m responsible for the ticket office, safety team etc.
Actually makes me think it’s even more likely that scotch eggs is NmcW. It would explain why he gets so much wrong. I can imagine him now running out of his office, chasing KR down the corridor “hi KR any news on those players big man”?
KR thinking oh god not again! I know I’ll feed him some bullshit.

If that were the case when someone asks the question ‘how much do we owe eales ‘ surely the answer should be - I don’t know I’m responsible for the ticket office, safety team etc.
Actually makes me think it’s even more likely that scotch eggs is NmcW. It would explain why he gets so much wrong. I can imagine him now running out of his office, chasing KR down the corridor “hi KR any news on those players big man”?
You're right, that's exactly how a professional club works!!!

SE is not NmcW, there are two different people, whether some information comes via that avenue is another thing.
SE puts some info on here that only certain people know inside the club, knowing how sensitive the club get about info leaking out it seems strange this info is still coming out of the club.

Listen from 2:36 into the programme.
Thanks for the link.

I just listened to it and Robinson sounds blithely unconcerned about the start to the season - we've just got to keep doing what we are doing and things will be alright apparently. Of course, he may well be saying one thing and actually doing/thinking another. It'll be interesting to see tomorrow's line up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom