General Radox 5 minute Forum

Zaki does speak well..

May have been said in other updates and I've missed it but Zaki confirmed KR had a top 10 budget.

Zaki does speak well..

May have been said in other updates and I've missed it but Zaki confirmed KR had a top 10 budget.
If we just have a Top 10 budget and not a Top 7 budget ( which we were alleged to have has last season) the club seem to have assembled a pretty good squad

If we just have a Top 10 budget and not a Top 7 budget ( which we were alleged to have has last season) the club seem to have assembled a pretty good squad

Because - dare I say it, there was some planning?

Probably didn’t seem it in the summer - but not signing KRs injured mates has helped. The next 12/18 months onwards will be interesting now Bond has gone...assuming Waldron(?) has the same recruitment remit.

Taylor was the final piece...although I heard he had agreed to go to another league 1 club...but glad he is here!

How does he know though? Do clubs have to publish or register their budgets somewhere?

It can’t be more than an informed guess I suppose, pieced together from player/agent demands.

I have always thought that at this level apart from the top/bottom few clubs their can’t be that much in it between the majority of league one teams given the similar incomes, so clubs who have 6th to 18th ranked wage bills it will be more about how wisely you spend it rather than chucking a few extra quid at it.

Probably didn’t seem it in the summer - but not signing KRs injured mates has helped. The next 12/18 months onwards will be interesting now Bond has gone...assuming Waldron(?) has the same recruitment remit.

Taylor was the final piece...although I heard he had agreed to go to another league 1 club...but glad he is here!
Yes MK Dons

I believe its Eddie Denton now heading up that side of things. Been with the club in the recruitment dept a while now so hopefully ready to make the step up and carry on the good work.

Did he shake hands on it?

I believe its Eddie Denton now heading up that side of things. Been with the club in the recruitment dept a while now so hopefully ready to make the step up and carry on the good work.

?? was unsure who it was!

Did he specifically say top ten but not top six, or just top ten with no further elaboration? Because top ten can technically cover anything above tenth - a team with a top two budget also has a top ten budget by default. I’ve been told by someone I’m happy to class as - hold tight everyone - ITK (gasp!) that our budget is very much top ten to say the least. Top six is by all accounts not an exaggeration, and following the Whyte sale it would seemingly be questionable as to whether it was reduced at all. I’d be interested to know if asked today, here and now, if the budget reduction actually took place as planned, what the answer would be. I suspect there’s a bit of political license going on. It isn’t a lie to say the budget WAS going to come down, and we didn’t say it HASN’T gone back up again versus the original plan...

Not a criticism, by the way - I’m not arsed how big the budget is. The team is winning and scoring goals galore, so it doesn’t matter if we have the biggest budget or the smallest at present. Just curious to observe.

Did he specifically say top ten but not top six, or just top ten with no further elaboration? Because top ten can technically cover anything above tenth - a team with a top two budget also has a top ten budget by default. I’ve been told by someone I’m happy to class as - hold tight everyone - ITK (gasp!) that our budget is very much top ten to say the least. Top six is by all accounts not an exaggeration, and following the Whyte sale it would seemingly be questionable as to whether it was reduced at all. I’d be interested to know if asked today, here and now, if the budget reduction actually took place as planned, what the answer would be. I suspect there’s a bit of political license going on. It isn’t a lie to say the budget WAS going to come down, and we didn’t say it HASN’T gone back up again versus the original plan...

Not a criticism, by the way - I’m not arsed how big the budget is. The team is winning and scoring goals galore, so it doesn’t matter if we have the biggest budget or the smallest at present. Just curious to observe.
I would be surprised if it has gone down.
Taylor would not have come cheaply however Bristol C are paying and neither would Moore.
It appeared at the time that the Whyte sale gave the club more funds for salaries than has been planned.
IF it us simply top 10 (not top 6) that would be incredible business

I don’t think anyone can sensibly assume that player sales go straight back into player budget. We’ve had enough financial problems to suggest some will be paying operating losses.

And from what ZN said it sounds like the day to day funding is down to ST and not the other directors and shareholders.

I would be surprised if it has gone down.
Taylor would not have come cheaply however Bristol C are paying and neither would Moore.
It appeared at the time that the Whyte sale gave the club more funds for salaries than has been planned.
IF it us simply top 10 (not top 6) that would be incredible business
If we are only 10th biggest spenders then a lot of teams have spent a fortune

Very impressed with Zaki so far, sounds like the guy has his head screwed on.

A little tightlipped about the whole Cadden situation though, so maybe there is hope we might be looking to keep him, just hope Motherwell don't get screwed in the process, although lets face it, if it were the other way round, they'd probably happily screw us, so hey ho!

The question wasn't open ended ..do we have a top ten budget? yes or no

Back
Top Bottom