Matches Pre season games.......2022

Exactly the sort of game we want, teams from the Championship so we can see where we need to be.
I don’t want excitement I want a hard test against teams we are striving to be like.Next best thing is to play teams that have just gone down or who didn’t quite make it eg Wimbledon or Northampton that should give us a test against the teams we are likely to face most weeks
Take your point but does a friendly really give indication of where you are, no more than first game of the season can or indeed a league cup game against higher opponents (first round).

The other side of the coin of course is to have a Prem club at home for the gate money but then in most cases it's an x1.

Given the lack of general interest in the Papa John perhaps they could be the pre season games.

Take your point but does a friendly really give indication of where you are, no more than first game of the season can or indeed a league cup game against higher opponents (first round).

The other side of the coin of course is to have a Prem club at home for the gate money but then in most cases it's an x1.

Given the lack of general interest in the Papa John perhaps they could be the pre season games.
Papa Johns is a good idea other than it usually gives our second choice players a run out

Papa Johns is a good idea other than it usually gives our second choice players a run out
usually a mix of the 2 same as a pre season friendly, also it's groups so all the squad would have chance of game time.

Was there not a season when the first round of the League cup began before League fixtures?

Would have thought the Papa Johns could be re scheduled as the pre (season) start.

Cov and West Brom are exactly the sort of sides we should be playing. A real indicator of how far off or how close we actually are to them.
I disagree as Friendlies are more about fitness and with several subs used is far from a full game at match pace and that's even if the opposition is not just an X1. On top of this, I do not think you can say either way based on the odd game here and there.

I disagree as Friendlies are more about fitness and with several subs used is far from a full game at match pace and that's even if the opposition is not just an X1. On top of this, I do not think you can say either way based on the odd game here and there.
I disagree with you and agree with Leysboy
If you just play for fitness you may as well just play matches using our squad
This gets you fit but tells you nothing as would us playing a full strength Premier side or North Leigh reserves
These three friendlies are perfect Wimbledon will show what we can expect from teams lower in our league and Cov and WBA will show where we need to be

Glad we have a couple of games at the kassam this pre season. Any idea how much tickets for pre season games are?

I'm hoping the club are sensible when deciding how much to charge fans
Lets hope so.

Personally I'd say kids for a quid and between £5-10 for adults depending on where you're sitting would be reasonable for a friendly.

Reduced prices like this should increase the attendance a fair amount.

Hopefully it'll be nice weather, an enjoyable family friendly atmosphere that might persuade any newcomers to buy season tickets or at least come again a few times throughout the season. Also a great opportunity to have the new kits out in the club shop.

Lets hope so.

Personally I'd say kids for a quid and between £5-10 for adults depending on where you're sitting would be reasonable for a friendly.

Reduced prices like this should increase the attendance a fair amount.

Hopefully it'll be nice weather, an enjoyable family friendly atmosphere that might persuade any newcomers to buy season tickets or at least come again a few times throughout the season. Also a great opportunity to have the new kits out in the club shop.

Definitely should have new kit's readily available in the club shop before the Coventry game

You can gauge how ready a team is for the upcoming season, and we will be up against Championship players. Can we stay the distance with them during competitive periods of the games.

Will 16th July be the earliest date on which Oxford United have ever played a public friendly at home? My records show that the previous earliest has been 17th July which has occurred twice, against Chelsea (2004) and West Ham (2012)

Back
Top Bottom