Manager/Coach [Poll] When Should Robinson Go?

At what point should Robinson go?

• Now, he's had plenty of chances to build a successful squad and hasn't

Votes: 47 22.1%
  • January if we're not in the top 10

Votes: 65 30.5%
  • End of the season if he doesn't make the playoffs

Votes: 53 24.9%
  • Not in the foreseeable future

Votes: 48 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Little Milton Jones*.

* I have no idea who this person is but he came up first on duckduckgo.

Where's the option for 'January if we're not in the top 6'? What has top 10 gotta do with it? Could be 10th and a mile off the playoffs.

Is it that time of year already when someone wheels out the ‘when should Robinson get sacked’ poll?!
Seems to get earlier and earlier every year 😂

Truth is, we have brought a decent amount of players in, some risky signings regarding fitness etc and had some bad luck with injuries such as Wildschut.
The transfer window isn’t over yet, we will be bringing more players in.

If we get full back cover then our squad is actually, potentially stronger than last seasons.

We haven’t been hammered in any of the games this season.
We haven’t hit the ground running but we usually start slow and finish well under Robinson except for last season being the other way round.
I am fairly confident we will be top 6 come the end of the season.

Now I have said all that I will leave all the knee jerk reaction to everyone else.

Surely if he is given a top 6 budget before the season starts and fails to deliver a playoff place then his performance needs to be reviewed afterwards. Plenty seem to think he has been well backed Iam not particularly convinced so far. We have started the season weaker than last in a stronger league in my opinion. If the board want promotion Robbo needs a top 3 budget in good time for pre season. Not sure why anyone is expecting him to achieve anything other than a top half finnish because thats where we are until the ground situation is sorted.

If the board want promotion Robbo needs a top 3 budget in good time for pre season.
It's been well documented by people most trust that the board have made money available, I would expect that money has been available throughout the transfer window.

There were some suggestions that early in the window his head was turned and that could have resulted in a slow start to our recruitment.

Otherwise, I would say that both of the middle two are valid answers and I would select them both if I could.

If we're not in the top 10 by the turn of the year, he should go (actually I would say early December so that the incoming manager has time to assess before the window opens), and he should also go if we don't make the playoffs by year's end. If he does get us into the playoffs, then it's probably not for the foreseeable future!

It's been well documented by people most trust that the board have made money available, I would expect that money has been available throughout the transfer window.

There were some suggestions that early in the window his head was turned and that could have resulted in a slow start to our recruitment.
Well if thats the case and they have given him funds to rival Ipswich Sheff wed Charlton Barnsley pompey posh etc then they will be rightly fuming with his decisions especially to go with an aged strike force

I like KR and think he's done a very decent job since he's been with us. He's also really got into the culture and history of the club and it appears that he genuinely cares.

Of course it's been disappointing that he's not been able to get over the line in terms of getting us promoted, and there have been some questionable decisions that seem to be somewhat of a reoccurring theme.

BUT what I would say is 'be careful what you wish for', as under KR I'd say we are (hopefully) at least safe in League One and have usually been pushing towards the top end of the league, while scoring lots of goals with an attractive brand of football. As we all know, it could be a lot worse!

under KR I'd say we are (hopefully) at least safe in this league
We’ve got the fourth biggest budget in the division this season. He could underperform his resources by 50% in relative terms and still achieve a playoff place in 6th.

I really don’t think any supporter should be breathing a sigh of relief that if nothing else we won’t get relegated in that situation.

I lived in Appleton for 23 years before moving down to Pompey. Such a lovely village.

Back
Top Bottom