New robinson poll

Should robinson be sacked

• yes

Votes: 177 92.2%
  • no

Votes: 15 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for him to go. It's a shame because there is something about him I quite like. But it's not working and something has to be done quick.
One thing I want to say about Tiger. I'm actually quite impressed that he hasn't sacked him yet. I was more worried when he came that he was one of those trigger happy, know nothing about the game, appoint useless big names, type. So the fact that he hasn't sacked him yet does have a positive side.
That said...

The bit you probably like, is that geeza down the pub who’s a bit of a laugh!!

Last edited:
I want him to go and have said so from very early on this season, however I believe the root cause is that Tiger did not back him with the list of players he wanted and went for cheaper alternatives and Robinson is having to play players he has no faith in and they know it, thus the pathetic performances.

I agree with you, but why did Robinson say that he’d been fully supported by Tiger?

I think a lot of us, we'll all with a few exceptions have taken on the Great Uncle Kip mentality. It is really rather grim.

Whilst were pretty miserable about this, I'm sure that KR is feeling the same, with humiliation on top.

I just don't see how he can turn this around - and anyone else coming in would have difficulties. We don't know all the facts as to why the summer recruitment left us with a lot of not scoring forwards, most of whom are number 10s

Henry has been in and out of the team. He'd be one of my first choices playing just behind a CF or 2.

Trying to fit the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that is this team together is difficult - especially when you add fitness...

In January we require 2 full backs, 2 strikers a lot of money and heaps of luck! And before then we need to overhaul the recruitment system.

Looking elsewhere, a couple of the players we have out on loan should fit into this team. Macclesfield have 4 points from 11.

Probably where Appleton will end up!
The villa owners wanted Thierry Henry in the summer. Somehow doubt MApp is on their radar - that's not to say I'd expect him to come back here, he's moved on

I just don't see how he can turn this around - and anyone else coming in would have difficulties. We don't know all the facts as to why the summer recruitment left us with a lot of not scoring forwards, most of whom are number 10s

Absolutely agree.

If one thinks he can't turn it around then he has to go, regardless of the difficulties someone would take on.

A replacement will see one of two things happen, 1) we continue this slide and it's irretrievable by the time January arrives, so it's a case of re-building for 2019/20 or 2) somehow, the replacement can do something and somehow we manage to survive.

Assuming we need to see circa 48 points for survival, that's 15 wins from 35 games. That's some win ratio.

Appleton turned down Barnsley. He’s a funny fish. If he came back here I’d be amazed. He needs a rock-solid League one club with money to get his career back on track

Appleton turned down Barnsley. He’s a funny fish. If he came back here I’d be amazed. He needs a rock-solid League one club with money to get his career back on track

Indeed. I think the only way it would happen is if the owner(s) could clearly demonstrate and promise investment in the playing staff and back office. And sustained investment over years, not just for a window or three.

It’s a big if though, and I’m certainly not expecting that this level of clarity and reassurance could be delivered!

166 votes so far, which isn’t an insignificant amount for a ‘straw poll’, I’d say it wouldn’t be a million miles away from reflecting the feelings of the wider fan base. I’d say there’s a wide ranging group of people and personalities that frequent this forum, and 94% want change. Let that sink in a bit, 94%. Why oh why is nobody listening to the paying customers? Why is this mess being allowed to continue??

Go, definitely. KR sounded completely lost in the Wimbledon post-match interview and worse on Tuesday, a rabbit in the headlights. On the pitch we've been making the same mistakes over and over, and nothing I've seen over the last two or three matches give me any hope that things will improve. We need to get someone in to work out what to do with this squad well before the transfer window opens so that they can identify who to get rid of (OK we can all think of one or two!), and who to bring in when it does open.

If ( I hope ) Robbo goes sacked resign or whatever surely we could put Chrissy in charge on a caretaker post and see how he does.

We are not in a position to take a punt on someone or have the whole process dragged out for weeks.
If he’s going, then we need to act fast, unlike the last time.

The Newport manager (Flynn??) could be worth a go. Last season (or year before) he managed an incredible escape from relegation when they looked totally doomed.

Back
Top Bottom