New robinson poll

Should robinson be sacked

• yes

Votes: 177 92.2%
  • no

Votes: 15 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His job is virtually untenable. Especially after his latest outburst which not only threw another player under the positive bus, he attempted to throw the board under it too, with those Hanson signing comments.

However, let's not hound the man out, he's obviously trying and I'd like to ask a reasonable question.

Who at the football club, on a day to day basis, is supporting him? Who is putting their arm around him and talking to him? Who is telling him 'Karl, probably not best to say that or advising him not to throw another player under the proverbial or telling him it's not befitting of him to clap along to Kassam chants?'

Point being. he's been badly let down too.

Yep, lets not hound him out, lets encourage him to continue in his winning ways????
I do wonder which way is up and which is down sometimes...Quite Unbelievable post.

Who at the football club, on a day to day basis, is supporting him? Who is putting their arm around him and talking to him? Who is telling him 'Karl, probably not best to say that or advising him not to throw another player under the proverbial or telling him it's not befitting of him to clap along to Kassam chants?'

What we need is a PR guy with football industry experience and an understanding of our club. #BringCharlieHome

Has he gone yet.... sorry have “they” gone yet.....!!!
Even Villa sacked Steve Bruce today and they are only two points off a play off spot with 15 points on the board...
We sit on 5 points from 11 games with no optimistic way of our fortunes changing under the current management...
22 points from top spot after barely a dozen games must make the owners sit up and make changes....

Do you believe we have the second lowest budget in the division?

If we don't, then it's KR who's underperforming, not Tiger.
Totally agree, just my thoughts as to why he is so s**t.
It is all down to him.

Interesting perspective that @southupper ..... maybe Gobbo spunked a sizable chunk of available funds on bringing in his disruptive mate Derry?, thus leaving not enough cash in the warchest to bring in the right players?
Is he his mate though, maybe they are not gelling thus causing the problem, Tiger must get rid of both.

I find it amazing that people on one hand are calling for Robinson to get sacked due to gaining just 5 points out of a possible 33, then on the other hand calling for a coach to be given the job who has never been any higher than a first team coach!

If we are going to sack him then lets be sensible about it. Chrissy Allen isn't the answer to our problems.

I find it amazing that people on one hand are calling for Robinson to get sacked due to gaining just 5 points out of a possible 33, then on the other hand calling for a coach to be given the job who has never been any higher than a first team coach!

If we are going to sack him then lets be sensible about it. Chrissy Allen isn't the answer to our problems.

I haven't seen many calls for CA to be installed as permanent boss - more of an interim solution in the unlikely event Tiger locates his cajones and sacks Gobbo and the Disruptor.

I think its proving to be a pointless discussion.

Robbo isnt going anywhere so we need to start praying for him to discover some answers from somewhere rather than creating a storm.

We have this utter shithouse team til January thanks to Tiger and Robbos transfer window Jackanory, so we need to get behind them. We need Obika to scuff a few in, for Holmes not to need rests, and for Sam Smith to become the goal machine we were promised.

So lets not waste time booing and baracking. Everyone knows its not good. But we are stuck with it.

I haven't cast a vote, because I couldn't honestly say No. I'm not overly inspired by him. But I would like to know how he would perform without the injuries crisis

On a previous thread I posted it was a twist
I haven't cast a vote, because I couldn't honestly say No. I'm not overly inspired by him. But I would like to know how he would perform without the injuries crisis
at what point do you think you would say yes for the good of the club, one more defeat away or another defeat at home.

There is no "injuries crisis". We have pretty much exactly the level of injuries you'd expect at a professional football club. One of the worrying things about KR's summer dealings was the acquisition of Carruthers, a player with a history of sick notes. Even Holmes has to have back injections and periodic 'rests'. A couple of the others are just not fit for competitive action (Mackie and McMahon) not through injury just plain old knackeredness.

Has he gone yet.... sorry have “they” gone yet.....!!!
Even Villa sacked Steve Bruce today and they are only two points off a play off spot with 15 points on the board...
We sit on 5 points from 11 games with no optimistic way of our fortunes changing under the current management...
22 points from top spot after barely a dozen games must make the owners sit up and make changes....
It would do if the owner had a modicum of common sense and some grasp of reality. But on the evidence of the delusional Tiger Tales that appear in the programme week after week it seems as if Robinson and Derry will be with us for some while yet.

His job is virtually untenable. Especially after his latest outburst which not only threw another player under the positive bus, he attempted to throw the board under it too, with those Hanson signing comments.

However, let's not hound the man out, he's obviously trying and I'd like to ask a reasonable question.

Point being. he's been badly let down too.

To a point, I agree with you. It would appear the representation of the club is largely negligible at the top with the owner and chairman so far away and Niall what’s his name not offering any updates/reassurances.

That said, Robinson has always been outspoken, churlish and rather divisive when talking to the media - regardless of the club he’s been with at the time (ask Charlton fans what they think).

Therefore; I do not believe a metaphorical arm round the shoulder and/or any public speaking tips will influence his pig headed and arrogant approach.

Got in a taxi tonight in London. Driver a Charlton fan. Asked who I support, said Oxford and he said is KR still full of BS and blaming everyone else for poor results? Says it all really. Couldn’t find the F off now button above, can we please correct.

There is no "injuries crisis". We have pretty much exactly the level of injuries you'd expect at a professional football club. One of the worrying things about KR's summer dealings was the acquisition of Carruthers, a player with a history of sick notes. Even Holmes has to have back injections and periodic 'rests'. A couple of the others are just not fit for competitive action (Mackie and McMahon) not through injury just plain old knackeredness.

Maybe we do but most teams don’t lose their best player in a keeper and a player like Browne who was flying before he got kicked to shreds at the same time. In that aspect I do have sympathy with KR.

Maybe we do but most teams don’t lose their best player in a keeper and a player like Browne who was flying before he got kicked to shreds at the same time. In that aspect I do have sympathy with KR.
Most teams do lose their best players for periods of time, it comes with the territory. Decent managers factor that in to their planning, same as they do for losing players to suspension. It's why even semi-pro teams have squads.

Back
Top Bottom