Conference Oxford City

I wondered this as well, but couldn't find any evidence it ever was in Oxfordshire.

Jerome has answered the question about Brackley before. It's to do with radio signal/coverage for BBC RO reaching that way (you can actually get it clearly in Northampton). For that reason they cover Brackley.

Still think it's weird!

Anyway, good luck to Oxford City. What a brilliant well run club. Can only be a good thing for Oxfordshire, and local football (inc OUFC) if they do well.

Most of the Brackley kids teams play in the Witney & District League. So i suspect they have more of an affinity to Oxon than Northants?

Unreal to think that they are a match away from having to play the likes of Chesterfield, Southend, Oldham, York, Hartlepool, Aldershot and Rochdale etc
in 2023-2024.

Good luck today.
And one match away from being one league below us if we hadn't have ditched Robinson when we (eventually) did. 😳

I think it’s the older generation of Oufc fans that have a bit of a problem with city as they were a bigger club than united back in the day, headington united went pro and changed their name and city stood still.
They recently put a new stand in which the residents of old marston were against until a certain parish councillor assured them was not a problem( it’s good to have a parish councillor in your corner).
It seems to me they are getting stronger by the year and since they got rid of the dodgy yank are going from strength to strength, good luck to them.

Is anyone going to attempt the ground hop for the north and south final?
It would be tight if the City game goes to extra time. You’d probably have had to purchased tickets for both in advance too.

Both matches are live on BT Sport 3. Brackley follows City match
It is also being streamed on a certain fishing site that gets mentioned on here from time to time if you don't have BT Sports.

I'm from Brackley and so will be very much cheering them on today. Tickets sold out fast and I don't have BT Sport so I'll be trying out CamBran's fishing lakes for both games this afternoon.

With regards to why it's covered by RadOx and not BBC Northants, having worked for both it's because BBC Northants could not give a s**t about anything south of Northampton. Brackley is this weird town that doesn't seem to be cared about by Northamptonshire and feels more like an Oxfordshire town. Maybe that's my Oxford roots being prejudice but I've always felt more affiliated with Oxfordshire than Northants.

City are playing some nice flowing attacking pressing football here ...

Back
Top Bottom