Non-League Oxford city (free admission)

Wasn`t that long ago we were playing St Albans FFS.............. middle of a park with an ice cream van IIRC...

Wasn`t that long ago we were playing St Albans FFS.............. middle of a park with an ice cream van IIRC...
Yes - it was whilst walking past the children's play area and past the ice cream van and hearing the away end just over yonder that I realised how far we really had fallen........

Anyone missing no football tomorrow, Oxford city are giving free admission to any Oxford united season ticket holders.

decent gesture - if Id not been playing catchup with a work commission (& a deadline looming)- I maybe would've wandered down to CPF ( a 5 min or so walk from me) this avo

instead Ive managed to more or less catchup with work

I might have gone if it hadn't been tipping down (not an excuse I make for United games). I've generally enjoyed their games more than ours this season and losing doesn't ruin my mood - there's something to be said for attending games as a semi-neutral. Last time I went they threw away a three goal lead and I still enjoyed it.

St Albans, eh? Matt Day long range winner after their late equalizer from their only chance.

I might have gone if it hadn't been tipping down (not an excuse I make for United games). I've generally enjoyed their games more than ours this season and losing doesn't ruin my mood - there's something to be said for attending games as a semi-neutral. Last time I went they threw away a three goal lead and I still enjoyed it.

St Albans, eh? Matt Day long range winner after their late equalizer from their only chance.

Yep the weather put me off too. City got the win so a good day at the office for them.

Back
Top Bottom