Conference Oxford City

At least one Oxford team has had a great season!
Yellow roses / OUWFC didnt do too bad ....unbeaten at home in the league, narrowly missing out ( last game) in making the playoffs. Their dev squad were successful too

OUFC Acadamy did well under Stevie K as well

Twas only the first team who dissapointed

Including Potter off injured after scoring, how many other ex U's players playing for City today? ... theres Josh Ashby & Canice Carroll ...any more?

Theres an ex Kidlington player in St Albans team today BTW

Stunning achievement for City - they have some of the smallest crowds (and therefore presumably one of the smallest budgets? I don't think there's too many other sources of funding at that level!) in the division. Brilliant management from all involved.

But I still wouldn't be sending Tyler or GOD there.

Tyler just had a solid season in which he didn't look out of place at League One level. I'd be inclined to keep him as part of our squad, but if he does go out on loan it should at a minimum be to a League Two club.

GOD showed in the opportunities he had that his all-round game is good enough for the football league already. His finishing is not. So we ought to be sending him to somewhere where he's going to be getting a bunch of chances. Not sure that's going to be City next year......given their resources compared to the clubs they're going to be competing against, it could well be a struggle for them - and not sure that scrapping for the odd half-chance is what GOD needs at this point in his development. Would rather see him somewhere more established like Woking or Barnet.

But I would send James Golding there, if they'd take him. Think it would be great for him, and from what I saw in the Pizza Trophy, he could be a really good CB at that level already.

Fair play to them. I hope all there supporters enjoy the moment.

Rochdale and Hartlepool for them next season.

Hopefully get Hartlepool at home on the final day of next season!
Their away support last day of the season in legendary.....wonder if that hyphenated monkey hanger in Kidlington ( nextdoor pontificator) , who abhors the idea of a football stadium anywhere near him and detests Oxford United , will hypocritically slither along to cpf when City play Hartlepool ?

Didnt catch the official attendace figure....was that a new record at CPF?

Well done City, hopefully Brackley can do the same in an hours time

Back
Top Bottom