Ex Player Obscure OUFC XI

More than 10 years but, Steve McClaren left footed midfielder and later youth team coach/minibus driver- what happened to him?

Kash Saddiqui - joined Real Kashmir and don't I think ever played for us.

Also Jacob Fowler joining the academy and Robbie Fowler being around.
I think I read somewhere that Fowler is now part of the Blackburn academy 🤔

Abdou Sall worth a shout. Signed on loan from Kiddy, think he played about 5 minutes across 3 games, made his debut in the Swindon cup tie where Louis scored. Came on, they took a goal kick and the ref blew for full time as I recall.

Hubert Busby - GK came on as sub v Wyc away
Close! It was a home game I think.

We were so desperate then, he came on wearing a red training jumper. From memory they simply taped on a number one on the back. Live on Sky too. A very different time…

Richardinho - fan favourite and a really good player. Really composed on the ball and got forward well along with scoring a couple of goals. Really nice bloke too and you could see why he played at a higher level.

Abdou Sall worth a shout. Signed on loan from Kiddy, think he played about 5 minutes across 3 games, made his debut in the Swindon cup tie where Louis scored. Came on, they took a goal kick and the ref blew for full time as I recall.

Don't think he even kicked a ball for us.

Ian Stott (not the Oldham Chairman). Played a few games for us at centre half in the late 70's, including scoring at home to Swindon in a 3-3. Centre half. Didn't even have a club and had never played professionally when we signed him. Our manager at the time (Bill Asprey) had coached him for British Grammar Schools. He actually wasn't terrible, but left after a few months to become an accountant.

Richie Baker. Central midfielder signed from Bury in the summer after promotion back into the league. Serial annoyer of Ben Purkiss. Also lived with Ben Purkiss.

Back
Top Bottom