General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a bit concerning when you hear people that have been mis-informed,
A work colleague from Kidlington) was adamant he heard the rugby and cricket was not in the stadium plans....I had to put him right
all the sports clubs currently using SB as a base have publically backed the OUFC plan .... part of the deal being they will all be relocated , in/ around the Kidlington area ( funded by OUFC) , presumably to locations that will , as they are home to sports clubs, not be subjected to developers looking build houses on the precious (to KDW & co) Kidlington green belt

KDW, and Harbord rd Residents Association- the latter chaired by the same person as the chairperson of Cherwell Development Watch Alliance ( Suzane McIvor must have a decent hat collection given the many different ones she wears)- seem to be masters of spouting misinformation, in a manner that Putin's regime would be envious of

Last edited:
The highlights of games from 2013-14 are like something from the 1970s with the state of the pitch. It was embarrassing as we couldn't do anything about improving it. I couldn't have been happier when London Welsh went. Their poxy experiment failed (any appetite for rugby is contained to amateur sides or the university), their cuckoo-in-the-nest skulduggery to buy the stadium and have us as the tenant was exposed and they went bust. f**k them.

Someone on here suggested OUFC having a rugby team as a tenant at the new stadium. I'd rather forgo the cash entirely and have it as a football only stadium. The codes don't mix and are best kept separate. At most, I'd allow a varsity game there but only if the university wanted it and it was a once-a-season thing.

Football and Rugby don`t make good bedfellows or shared tenants.
It's why we have two stadia 1/2 mile from each other up here.
The strange irony was the football ground (32k) was used for the World Cup because the rugby ground was "too small" (26k). ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

The highlights of games from 2013-14 are like something from the 1970s with the state of the pitch. It was embarrassing as we couldn't do anything about improving it. I couldn't have been happier when London Welsh went. Their poxy experiment failed (any appetite for rugby is contained to amateur sides or the university), their cuckoo-in-the-nest skulduggery to buy the stadium and have us as the tenant was exposed and they went bust. f**k them.

Someone on here suggested OUFC having a rugby team as a tenant at the new stadium. I'd rather forgo the cash entirely and have it as a football only stadium. The codes don't mix and are best kept separate. At most, I'd allow a varsity game there but only if the university wanted it and it was a once-a-season thing.

Yep, that pitch was an embarrassment.

That period was so unpleasant.

The gall of some of their fans, slowly becoming more and more arrogant and rude on here was a real downer.

A bunch of mercenaries attempting to unseat a proud, community club. If and when we leave the Kassam, theyโ€™re more than welcome to reform and attempt to try and catapult a travelling rugby club into Blackbird Leys.

Am sure it would be as successful as their last attempt.
What do you expect having lost on their hallowed turf to a team that have never won an international rugby Union?๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Yeah, football clubs up here should not share, it seems as if some pitches in Oz can take it, but as had been said not in Britannia.

Last edited:
I would never, ever, ever vote Tory, can't stand them, but for this I would make an exception if it was a straight choice between a pro-stadium Tory, and an anti-stadium politician from any other party. I wonder if anyone will be compiling a list of the wards where its a straight shootout to allow for some tactical voting by fans?

Only necessary of course if there are any particularly pro-stadium candidates we'd want to see remain, or any particularly anti-stadium candidates we'd rather see the back of, but fine margins could help.
I agree that for this time only I would vote for whoever wants the stadium to go ahead
If we can get all those living in the Kidlington area to vote for those who are pro stadium that would be a great help
And although next General Election is two years away Layla Moran has a paper thin majority so letโ€™s see what she says over the next year or so

Football and Rugby don`t make good bedfellows or shared tenants.
It's why we have two stadia 1/2 mile from each other up here.
The strange irony was the football ground (32k) was used for the World Cup because the rugby ground was "too small" (26k). ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

They're fine if they are designed for it and the pitch is maintained properly (ie. AAMI Park in Melbourne which has Rugby League/Union and 2 football teams (plus occasional Western Utd). The problem is having the pitch designed for it and pitch maintained properly.

Shocked and stunned ....making my way through kidlington there was construction work going on next to the gurkha village/squire bassett /dog

Yet no sign of any green councillors, scoutmistresses, sponges, chairpersons with many hats nor KDW types protesting , grumbling or vocalising their opposition.

I see Bournemouth hosted England U21s tonight. Hopefully the people of Oxfordshire will be able watch England U21s at Stratfield Brake in the future. ๐Ÿคž
If the train links from London and Birmingham New Street go to Stratfield Brake then surely it could be a prime choice for England U19s - U21s, ladies etc.

Shocked and stunned ....making my way through kidlington there was construction work going on next to the gurkha village/squire bassett /dog

Yet no sign of any green councillors, scoutmistresses, sponges, chairpersons with many hats nor KDW types protesting , grumbling or vocalising their opposition.
Thats probably because whatever is being built won't attract football fans.

Not relocating The Priory brick by brick were they?

If the train links from London and Birmingham New Street go to Stratfield Brake then surely it could be a prime choice for England U19s - U21s, ladies etc.
London does, Birmingham doesn't as the Birmingham trains go through Bicester North, not Bicester Town.

London does, Birmingham doesn't as the Birmingham trains go through Bicester North, not Bicester Town.

You could do Birmingham - Banbury - Oxford fairly easily.

Edit - although not sure if that goes via Oxford parkway, so it might not help after all!

With East West Rail, fans from the North can come via Milton Keynes to Ox Parkway, fans from the east as shown on that map, fans from the south and west via Didcot/Oxford as they already do, fans from London via Marylebone direct to Oxford Parkway.

Carlsberg don't do locations for stadiums nationally accessible by rail but if they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom