General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see Quins planning some ground upgrades.
The sort of thing that Kassam SHOULD have done.
Wiki also says that a few years ago, Populous were planning a 25K ground at the Stoop.

Interesting to see Quins planning some ground upgrades.
The sort of thing that Kassam SHOULD have done.
Wiki also says that a few years ago, Populous were planning a 25K ground at the Stoop.
But it was owned by Kassam?
He wouldn't want to pay out the coat and would prefer housing...

We can finally untap that resource of fans from Winslow. ‘Been saying that for years.
Sadly we’ll miss out on the Winslow massive, MK Dons much closer. I’ll be flying the yellow flag though providing Mrs Yellowmania drops me off there.

What is Winslow?

I tried to look on Wikipedia but fell asleep and fell off my chair.
there was a 40's play (later a film) The Winslow Boy..... which I have a very vague memory of it being a play that I was supposed to have studied in English lit classes at school , ... It had a similar affect on me ( way back then)

I actually know at least one U’s fan who lives in Winslow, could well be a hotbed within 5 years

Received a response to my comments to Layla Moran's survey:

"Thank you for contacting me about the proposal by Oxford United Football Club to build a new stadium at Stratfield Brake.

There was a very high response to our recent survey of local residents with strong support for both sides on the debate, with a majority of local residents opposed, on balance, but strong support for the plans from Oxford United fans across the county.

Key concerns about the plans include the threat to the Green Belt, increased traffic, parking problems and the need to protect the woodland. Positives include having a permanent long term home for the club and the potential for investment in much better active travel infrastructure locally.

I have encouraged the County Council Cabinet to keep discussions going with both the club and with local parish councils to try to find a solution which is acceptable to everyone.

Best wishes,
Layla

Layla Moran
Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament for Oxford West & Abingdon"

there was a 40's play (later a film) The Winslow Boy..... which I have a very vague memory of it being a play that I was supposed to have studied in English lit classes at school , ... It had a similar affect on me ( way back then)
Yes I did that at school, seemed a most pointless play

"Thank you for contacting me about the proposal by Oxford United Football Club to build a new stadium at Stratfield Brake.

There was a very high response to our recent survey of local residents with strong support for both sides on the debate, with a majority of local residents opposed, on balance, but strong support for the plans from Oxford United fans across the county.

Key concerns about the plans include the threat to the Green Belt, increased traffic, parking problems and the need to protect the woodland. Positives include having a permanent long term home for the club and the potential for investment in much better active travel infrastructure locally.

I have encouraged the County Council Cabinet to keep discussions going with both the club and with local parish councils to try to find a solution which is acceptable to everyone.

Best wishes,
Layla

Layla Moran

I got the same response.

Except I got loads of kisses at the end of mine 😌. xxxxxxxxx

Best wishes,
Layla

Layla Moran
Taken at face value that is reasonably positive I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom