General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone above has explained that the university wasn’t involved with the Cellar and Wheatsheaf.
A charitable organisation being uncharitable =Cellar

'Entrepreneurial ' owner who wanted to to turn upstairs into student accommodation= sheaf

...if memory serves

Have no mistake the KDW are in it purely for their own ego, not for what's best for Kidlington.

I wonder if Brighton and Forest Green had the same issues?

Have no mistake the KDW are in it purely for their own ego, not for what's best for Kidlington.

Hopefully, and I'm sure they are, OxVox are in touch with their equivalent at Brentford, Brighton, Rotherham, Doncaster etc to see what they did to campaign successfully for their new grounds.

Alot of Kidlington residents ive spoken to are excited about the proposals and live in the real world. The benefits are there to be seen for now and future generations.
KDW are a huge minority in the village who bang on about the area like its Uffington and are stuck in the 70's. The councils will look at the bigger picture of the whole population and what it will bring to the area and that's why it passed through the initial stage last week.

Alot of Kidlington residents ive spoken to are excited about the proposals and live in the real world. The benefits are there to be seen for now and future generations.
KDW are a huge minority in the village who bang on about the area like its Uffington and are stuck in the 70's. The councils will look at the bigger picture of the whole population and what it will bring to the area and that's why it passed through the initial stage last week.
Is that possible? Perhaps noisy minority?

Is that possible? Perhaps noisy minority?

😜 it was sarcasm incase them sad acts are looking in, you can only have a huge majority like we have. 1 man and his dog out of 100 other people is pretty accurate.

Kidlington Development Watch have issued an updated statement following the meeting on Tuesday: https://mailchi.mp/b6464c929403/kdw_stratfield19mar2022
if they , KDW really want to, as they claim, hold our current landlord to account.... maybe they, KDW and other vocal but minority pressure groups, might want to put the considerable time they have on their hands to good use, by lobbying Oxford City Council to ensure the leaseholder of The Priory ( yes, our current landlord), to comply with the terms of the lease (on The grade 2 listed Priory), .... the owners, Oxford City Council have thus far failed, miserably, in protecting the listed building . The leaseholder blatantly ignored the planning requirements for building the Hampton hotel- which were to basically make the Priory fit for use. He did nothing.
Go on KDW and co see if 'you' can hold the slum landlord to account...I double dare you

if they , KDW really want to, as they claim, hold our current landlord to account.... maybe they, KDW and other vocal but minority pressure groups, might want to put the considerable time they have on their hands to good use, by lobbying Oxford City Council to ensure the leaseholder of The Priory ( yes, our current landlord), to comply with the terms of the lease (on The grade 2 listed Priory), .... the owners, Oxford City Council have thus far failed, miserably, in protecting the listed building . The leaseholder blatantly ignored the planning requirements for building the Hampton hotel- which were to basically make the Priory fit for use. He did nothing.
Go on KDW and co see if 'you' can hold the slum landlord to account...I double dare you

You’ve got two hopes Bob and No. mKDW claiming it’s going to take years and progress is going to be slow and tortuous, in response to that let’s see how keen the local and county councils are for us to move?

Lease the whole 44 acres and make use of it for everyone local and countywide.

Lowering the height and having the pitch lowered below ground level? Really? What about flooding.

Surely this statement is a bit rich when I doubt whether KDW fully understand the problems OUFC and the fans have had to endure.

OUFC seem to have got this far by riding a wave of fan-fuelled emotion and optimism that a new build multi-million ££££ stadium will be the answer to their problems.

Let’s hope the county are already scrutinising the proposals now, and expedite this scrutiny so as to be ready to start to negotiations over the lease.

We have to be prepared for the meetings so as to not give KDW and others the opportunity to try and debunk everything the board want to achieve.

One question I would like to have answered Suzanne Mcivor of HRARA claims 60% of the local consultation is against the proposal,
1, was this local consultation documented?
2, what percentage of Kidlington, Water Eaton and Gosford were approached for this consultation?

You’ve got two hopes Bob and No. mKDW claiming it’s going to take years and progress is going to be slow and tortuous, in response to that let’s see how keen the local and county councils are for us to move?

Lease the whole 44 acres and make use of it for everyone local and countywide.

Lowering the height and having the pitch lowered below ground level? Really? What about flooding.

Surely this statement is a bit rich when I doubt whether KDW fully understand the problems OUFC and the fans have had to endure.

OUFC seem to have got this far by riding a wave of fan-fuelled emotion and optimism that a new build multi-million ££££ stadium will be the answer to their problems.

Let’s hope the county are already scrutinising the proposals now, and expedite this scrutiny so as to be ready to start to negotiations over the lease.

We have to be prepared for the meetings so as to not give KDW and others the opportunity to try and debunk everything the board want to achieve.

One question I would like to have answered Suzanne Mcivor of HRARA claims 60% of the local consultation is against the proposal,
1, was this local consultation documented?
2, what percentage of Kidlington, Water Eaton and Gosford were approached for this consultation?

60% was from the Oxfordshire county council consultation. Only 1000 residents out of 18000 bothered to respond. People like to complain they don't normally write a compliment, planning is the same so I'm not too worried about the 60% and I doubt the club are either. The club will discus with everyone and half of people's reasons for dismissing the plan can be quashed.

60% was from the Oxfordshire county council consultation. Only 1000 residents out of 18000 bothered to respond. People like to complain they don't normally write a compliment, planning is the same so I'm not too worried about the 60% and I doubt the club are either. The club will discus with everyone and half of people's reasons for dismissing the plan can be quashed.

Tbh, I'm surprised she recognised the 40%.

Hopefully, and I'm sure they are, OxVox are in touch with their equivalent at Brentford, Brighton, Rotherham, Doncaster etc to see what they did to campaign successfully for their new grounds.
More importantly,let’s hope the officials and others directly representing the club, are across all of this and more .

Be aware residents in Kidlington east, Cherwell DC election leaflets now doing the rounds. I expect postal vote forms will soon be popping through the letterboxes. Fiona Mawson is the candidate to be avoided for OUFC fans in my opinion. Partner of Councillor Middleton, already sits on Kidlington PC I don't think she will be sitting in our corner.

Be aware residents in Kidlington east, Cherwell DC election leaflets now doing the rounds. I expect postal vote forms will soon be popping through the letterboxes. Fiona Mawson is the candidate to be avoided for OUFC fans in my opinion. Partner of Councillor Middleton, already sits on Kidlington PC I don't think she will be sitting in our corner.
is she up against councillor Simpson ( already declared as a supportive friend of the SB move) ?

my Dad n sister (and some of my sisters family) live in the North Kidlington & Kirtlington constituency (I think)

is she up against councillor Simpson ( already declared as a supportive friend of the SB move) ?

my Dad n sister (and some of my sisters family) live in the North Kidlington & Kirtlington constituency (I think)
I think she might be I'll have to check, he is my current councilor, and I had a very positive reply from him. I see if I can find the list for Kidlington east if it's complete.

Candidates will be declared 6th April. Greens already in, lib Dems don't stand against them in some sort of democratic stitch up. If past experience is to be repeated it will now rain green/lib dem leaflets and sod the trees and the planet.!!!

I would never, ever, ever vote Tory, can't stand them, but for this I would make an exception if it was a straight choice between a pro-stadium Tory, and an anti-stadium politician from any other party. I wonder if anyone will be compiling a list of the wards where its a straight shootout to allow for some tactical voting by fans?

Only necessary of course if there are any particularly pro-stadium candidates we'd want to see remain, or any particularly anti-stadium candidates we'd rather see the back of, but fine margins could help.

I'm not sure that tactical voting will be necessary and would only give rise to those complaining about outside interference with the process. My view is that you should always vote for the person who best reflects your views, and if that means that you vote for someone who supports the stadium then great. But we shouldn't need to initiate a voting campaign on this alone. Leave that rubbish for others.

• React
Reactions: m
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom