General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has had, like myself, trouble in actually understanding what was decided at the Cabinet meeting, here is the decision agreed and all the caveats appended to that decision.
what is "call in"?
Presumably some sort of 'have another look', but who can do the calling in?

exactly ... he is a troll , who goads those who hold a different views to him , and then twists any responses to suit his own agenda
I don't think he's a troll in the wider meaning. Trolls put things out there that they don't necessarily believe just to get a reaction. I'm sure he believes the poppycock he's saying. There are a lot of words I could use for him instead mind!

I’m sure Mr Middleton is doing what he should be doing as a Green Councillor

However if he makes a point that is obviously wrong we should politely inform him about it

For instance he says we should stay at Grenoble Road , well he should be told why we aren’t able to do that and go further and ask him to suggest somewhere else if not SB

Let’s just ignore him, he’s getting no traction and arguing with him will only energise him.

Best art of victory here is to ignore him as inconsequential and spend our energy convincing the locals how beneficial it is.

Plus democratically supporting pro stadium candidates

Last edited:
It doesn't look like he does have an open mind as he claims. There's no way he can make decisions without bias so I don't think it's appropriate for him to be part of the parish Council discussions.

It doesn't look like he does have an open mind as he claims. There's no way he can make decisions without bias so I don't think it's appropriate for him to be part of the parish Council discussions.
That is not how democracy works. He is democratically elected to the parish councils, he we will be part of any discussions involving them until a time he is voted out or chooses to resign

You would have thought as a councillor he would be more professional.

Hahahaha.

A Council I worked for the Council Chamber was known as 'The Playground' due to the level of discourse on occasions.

Many Councillors (regardless of their politics) were decent and professional. But there were a plenty who weren't.

I’m sure Mr Middleton is doing what he should be doing as a Green Councillor

However if he makes a point that is obviously wrong we should politely inform him about it

For instance he says we should stay at Grenoble Road , well he should be told why we aren’t able to do that and go further and ask him to suggest somewhere else if not SB

The problem being he'll ignore that response. It has been widely said why we can't stay at the Kassam, it is in the FAQs yet still got repeated at the meeting iirc.

If anyone has had, like myself, trouble in actually understanding what was decided at the Cabinet meeting, here is the decision agreed and all the caveats appended to that decision.

Thanks for this. It's really handy to see this written down.

What this doesn't make clear is the timeframes that Officers from OCC have to undergo their responsibilities, namely 'explore lease surrender discussions with OCC’s current tenants, and .... sub-tenants', 'open dialogue with stakeholders with interests in the project' and 'bring back to Cabinet for further discussion any detailed proposals that are made'.

Do we know which 'Officers' are going to be assigned to this? It would be good if this was RACIed up so we knew who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and informed.

2d looks like the big item needed from the club now 'Officers to return to Cabinet if further detailed proposals are made by OUFC and, in due course, if an In Principle Agreement with OUFC is reached, so that financial and lease terms can be discussed at a Special Cabinet Meeting'. An absolutely watertight, knock-your-socks-off proposal from them showing multi environmental and societal benefits, a withering destruction of any concerns over traffic and parking, reassurances over green belt/space between Oxford and Kidlington, hammering home the ‘localism’ of the project, showing off the partners involved including the sports clubs and – probably most important of all – how it will be paid for and how current costs will be covered by the club.

Once that plan is in, the real fun can begin.

exactly ... he is a troll , who goads those who hold a different views to him , and then twists any responses to suit his own agenda
Sounds like he would make an excellent cabinet minister or even a candidate to replace Boris - he seems to have the right credentials......

Thanks for this. It's really handy to see this written down.

What this doesn't make clear is the timeframes that Officers from OCC have to undergo their responsibilities, namely 'explore lease surrender discussions with OCC’s current tenants, and .... sub-tenants', 'open dialogue with stakeholders with interests in the project' and 'bring back to Cabinet for further discussion any detailed proposals that are made'.

Do we know which 'Officers' are going to be assigned to this? It would be good if this was RACIed up so we knew who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and informed.

2d looks like the big item needed from the club now 'Officers to return to Cabinet if further detailed proposals are made by OUFC and, in due course, if an In Principle Agreement with OUFC is reached, so that financial and lease terms can be discussed at a Special Cabinet Meeting'. An absolutely watertight, knock-your-socks-off proposal from them showing multi environmental and societal benefits, a withering destruction of any concerns over traffic and parking, reassurances over green belt/space between Oxford and Kidlington, hammering home the ‘localism’ of the project, showing off the partners involved including the sports clubs and – probably most important of all – how it will be paid for and how current costs will be covered by the club.

Once that plan is in, the real fun can begin.
It helped clarify things for me.

The other interesting parts to note are the 3 "Restricted enclosure's" given at the end of the document. All, apparently, relate to "financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information)" - No idea what that may include or, who may be affected but we can speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom