General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should also be remembered that granting of planning permission is not done by simply asking what people think.

There are many obligations placed on council planning departments by national and local policies & frameworks. Even if the whole community and it's elected representatives hate the idea, if it ticks enough of the right boxes planning officers are obliged to approve it - and if they don't, the appeals inspector almost certainly will.

Last edited:
I haven't seen or heard anything that I find unduly concerning amongst the many and varied comments this week.

I would expect the Club to be questioned and held to account and to have to justify the development.

I would also expect the Parish Councils to take a position from which they can negotiate.
Exactly

It should also be remembered that granting of planning permission is got done by simply asking what people think.

There are many obligations placed on council planning departments by national and local policies and frameworks and even if the whole community and it's elected representatives hate the idea, if it ticks enough of the right boxes, they are obliged to approve it - and if they don't, the appeals inspector almost certainly will.

The 4400 houses being built nearby is a prime example of this.

In my opinion the club have been exceptionally open, and the FAQ's are an example of gradually feeding information out at a rate where they can be properly digested and also to address concerns as they are raised. They have also been engaging with local sports clubs and council officals for some time and all information has been shared with local media and on socail media.

This is barely the first step in the process and so much more information will be made available as we go towards the planning stage, along with more consultations.

There's still a long way to go, but to read nothing but negativities from this last week is incredibly pessimistic at the least.

But then @Joey's Left Boot was only saying a couple of months ago that a new stadium would never happen, the takeover was in question and Bakrie had lost a lot of goodwill and credibility!

I think it's easy to see who is really lacking in credibility!!
I'm yet to be proved wrong.

Not being funny, and I'm a fairly positive individual most of the time. But why's it always got to be a competition of 'who predicted it right?'. Can people not just have genuine concerns without someone trying to get one ups on them? Is that not the purpose of an open free speaking forum like this?

Some people just need solid proof rather than opinions that things will happen before jumping the (emotional) gun and getting excited.

This isn't me trying to ruffle any feathers by the way, just making an observation.

Last edited:
Be warned/mindful ....councillor Middleton is again trolling and goading OUFC supporters on twitter (Im told by me sister)

True, but it’s made funnier by how little it really matters. Have you ever thought your life would be better if where you lived was a city/town/village instead of what it is?
Clearly didn’t play Sim City in the 1990s whilst listening to Sunderland stuff us 7-1 on radio oxford.

And for that reason I’m finding your contributions and expertise in contributions to this thread severely compromised

• React
Reactions: MJB
Dangerous attitude to take, Bob.

I'm certain the opposition will regroup and attack in a more coherent manner.

You will one day be our Zelensky on this forum. Thank you for your inspiring command style

Be warned/mindful ....councillor Middleton is again trolling and goading OUFC supporters on twitter (Im told by me sister)

Hopefully the Kidlington residents vote out that child at the next local elections in May.

Hopefully the Kidlington residents vote out that child at the next local elections in May.
his other half is , on the green ticket, also standing for a seat in Kidlington area in the May local elections

his other half is , on the green ticket, also standing for a seat in Kidlington area in the May local elections

Maybe an unofficial supporters club should post out leaflets to all local residents before the may elections to try and change voters minds and get people who dont normally vote to get to a Polling station . Would be a bit like the leave campaign on the brexit vote and totally legal.

One massive thing the opposition have missed is not only are they fighting oufc with wealthy backers and a legal team that would rip most businesses a new a'se hole, there is also thousands of residents/fans backing it!

Let's use our massive majority as an advantage!!

At the end of the day he is a green councillor and wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't ask questions on green issues which many residents will have too. Whether his points are accurate or not, it is up to the club to engage and provide good information to alleviate his concerns. In my view it is not helpful at all to the cause to have any fans piling into him on Twitter (his words) if this is what they have been doing in the past .

Last edited:

I’ve spotted the post on twitter, Sarge. I won’t post it here to give him any more attention. It’s got two likes and one is from the ‘sunflower’ Victoria who is a sparsely followed user and against the development. If he’s looking for bites, he’s not getting any. He’s been arguing with others over his plant based food initiative too so confrontation is what he enjoys. Don’t let him have the satisfaction.

He’s coming across as incredibly pompous as though he knows better than fans. He’s made so many mistakes in his tweets and statements to OCC, it’s frustrating to see him acting as the big I am.

Clearly didn’t play Sim City in the 1990s whilst listening to Sunderland stuff us 7-1 on radio oxford.

And for that reason I’m finding your contributions and expertise in contributions to this thread severely compromised

Played football and rode me bike about like a delinquent for the first half of the nineties and was drunk for the second half of it, can still remember all the hammerings though so drinking to forget obviously doesn’t work.

If anyone has had, like myself, trouble in actually understanding what was decided at the Cabinet meeting, here is the decision agreed and all the caveats appended to that decision.

If anyone has had, like myself, trouble in actually understanding what was decided at the Cabinet meeting, here is the decision agreed and all the caveats appended to that decision.
I was also a little unclear as to what they actually had decided. That makes it clear they did actually approve and give the go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom