NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig Bellamy “I want to become one of the greatest managers that has ever lived. Why not? If it doesn’t happen, then I’ve given everything and I’d be proud of whatever I’m able to achieve.”

Totally agree.

It sounds like Bellamy is highly regarded as a young coach. The first job is very important. At least he is prepared to go down to League one (it sounds like Giggs was not prepared to do that)

He wouldn't get a job at Oxford because he doesn't know League One. That's the most important criteria, right?

Clotet came to us as a highly regarded coach and it’s ended with us only half a dozen points above the drop.

I wish him well but I don’t really see this as a step forward. Time will tell I guess.

Personally I’d have rather had a manager with some experience of L1 or even lower who knew how to organise a team and would hopefully get some quick results regardless of the style of play.

There were suggestions that some players didn’t understand the type of game Clotet was trying to play so I hope CB comes in with an open mind to keep it simple until we’ve reached the 50+ point mark.

Regardless the whole thing has been left to drag on too long and Eales has a lot to answer for come May.

Eh? Fantastic manager. Arguably best post war British manager. Great player but vvv arrogant (my Grandfather played against him a few times)
Slightly tongue in cheek. Certainly was a great manager but slightly ‘off the wall’ to say the least. Cost him the England job that he coveted, but that was England and International footballs loss, he would’ve certainly shaken it all up. My point was more that his abilities as a striker were almost forgotten because of his managerial career and also because it was cut short by injury.
Nothing wrong with being slightly eccentric and arrogant as a manager, if indeed Bellamy is - I have no knowledge, a good manager can’t be too pally with the players as long as he has their respect. Bellamy’s undoubted ability as a striker should give home a good starting point.

Slightly tongue in cheek. Certainly was a great manager but slightly ‘off the wall’ to say the least. Cost him the England job that he coveted, but that was England and International footballs loss, he would’ve certainly shaken it all up. My point was more that his abilities as a striker were almost forgotten because of his managerial career and also because it was cut short by injury.
Nothing wrong with being slightly eccentric and arrogant as a manager, if indeed Bellamy is - I have no knowledge, a good manager can’t be too pally with the players as long as he has their respect. Bellamy’s undoubted ability as a striker should give home a good starting point.
Agree

Why not give CB a chance ? We all slagged off Appleton when he was first appointed and the same with Wilder, who knows, could be a good thing, wont get us play-offs this year (but we wouldn't survive in Championship at the moment anyway, happy to finish this season mid table), All good from me if he is appointed. Get on with it and get this fantastic club as it should be !

Why not give CB a chance ? We all slagged off Appleton when he was first appointed and the same with Wilder, who knows, could be a good thing, wont get us play-offs this year (but we wouldn't survive in Championship at the moment anyway, happy to finish this season mid table), All good from me if he is appointed. Get on with it and get this fantastic club as it should be !
We definitely did NOT all slag off MAPP when he was appointed....

No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom