NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "wow" appointment (Kluivert) fell through according to my sources. Ive heard that reps for KR have approached us and others as the Charlton takeover drags on.

Theres some interest there. But no real progression as he has to sort Charlton exit.

Faz in charge on Sunday.
I can't see KR being there past tomorrow. Media day Thursday he'll be hammered with questions and then Saturday they're at home.

The "wow" appointment (Kluivert) fell through according to my sources. Ive heard that reps for KR have approached us and others as the Charlton takeover drags on.

Theres some interest there. But no real progression as he has to sort Charlton exit.

Faz in charge on Sunday.

Hold on. Didn’t Tiger say he’d interviewed candidates in London? And wasn’t there a story that Kluivert wouldn’t come to London?

Exactly right. I’m pretty sure he said he had a final interview with the preferred candidate in London. PK refused to fly so it can’t be him. The whole thing is extremely annoying. Just appoint god damn it!

Charlton Fans Forum is in meltdown with KR being called everything under the sun - "northern gobshite" is about the only one printable here. Looks like it's gonna be him - if not him then he is off to somewhere else!

It's worth having a read, they've no idea what's going on either. The relevant Charlton Forum thread is only up to page 64, we're winning by 70 pages!

I'd summarize their 64 pages thus - don't let KR anywhere near your club.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discu...e-57-roland-rejects-robinsons-resignation/p62

This is the so called Itk mr kip.

Why would you go rooting around for a picture of him just because you don't agree with him? Did anyone 'out' you when you started a thread talking up your friend Tommy Robinson? What gives you the right? Also why should we care who he is? If he wants to remain anonymous he should be allowed to. The thread you started on Robinson was entitled 'free speech', sounds like it should have been 'free speech, if you happen to be saying what I want to hear'. I am guessing you are happy to post a picture of yourself now?

Last edited:
Tbh I’d take most of that as sour grapes. If he was that bad they wouldn’t be angry, they keep quiet and hope he comes to us.

I'm not so sure, but anyway we don't get a vote in the proceedings that will (eventually) produce a new manager. Whether or not it's KR, I think he's a good enough manager for L1 or L2 but no higher.

Im actually impressed that someone has managed to make a link like that, totally puzzled how.

Moreso why anyone would spend their time, given that i dont think ive ever been particularly offensive on here, other than a little "light grumbling".....

Very heavy grumbling actually but that is entirely beside the point. I don't agree with a great deal of what you say but it's generally said without personal attack and you have every right to say it in total anonymity.

So if weve spoken to Robinson that means Charlton would have had to given us permission to speak to him,knowing that if he agreed to join us then Charlton would be owed compensation.
Robinson cant then resign after speaking to us, so that Charlton are then not owed compensation?

One simple fact that’s just dawned on me - If Robinson isn’t Tigers target, wouldn’t it be fair if he made that public knowledge..?

Tbh I’d take most of that as sour grapes. If he was that bad they wouldn’t be angry, they keep quiet and hope he comes to us.

Having read a fair bit of that (on a plane!) I wouldn't say they are angry. They are pretty 'meh ' and contemptuous. To a man they regard him as mouthy, tactically inflexible and self-interested.
The revelation that he is inflexibly wedded to a 4231 gave me an anticipatory migraine. It took MApp three months to work out that lower league players cannot play that way. The clot still hadnt worked it out after 5 months. Are we destined to a sort of Groundhog Day of watching Plan A fail?

Having read a fair bit of that (on a plane!) I wouldn't say they are angry. They are pretty 'meh ' and contemptuous. To a man they regard him as mouthy, tactically inflexible and self-interested.
The revelation that he is inflexibly wedded to a 4231 gave me an anticipatory migraine. It took MApp three months to work out that lower league players cannot play that way. The clot still hadnt worked it out after 5 months. Are we destined to a sort of Groundhog Day of watching Plan A fail?

Well his plan a cant fail that much as it got mk into the playoffs twice and automatics once. Like with pep, managers who stick to one inflexible formation are normally found out after a couple of months when teams all work out how to play against it. Unless ur squad are just miles better than the opposition anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve listened to one or two of his interviews on YouTube since it became apparent that he was in the running. He does talk of different systems and in one he talks about different ways to deal with teams that are dangerous from set pieces which drew my attention for obvious reasons. I know it’s easy to talk the talk but I wonder if the way he’s playing is because - and might even be a signal to Charlton owners that he isn’t happy - the players he has at his disposal. Maybe he feels they’re limited and the system he’s using is the best option. Only guessing obviously but I don’t remember MK having a reputation for being one dimensional. Maybe I’ve got that wrong. Might be interesting if he was at a club where he was given more backing in the transfer market though..?

I’ve listened to one or two of his interviews on YouTube since it became apparent that he was in the running. He does talk of different systems and in one he talks about different ways to deal with teams that are dangerous from set pieces which drew my attention for obvious reasons. I know it’s easy to talk the talk but I wonder if the way he’s playing is because - and might even be a signal to Charlton owners that he isn’t happy - the players he has at his disposal. Maybe he feels they’re limited and the system he’s using is the best option. Only guessing obviously but I don’t remember MK having a reputation for being one dimensional. Maybe I’ve got that wrong. Might be interesting if he was at a club where he was given more backing in the transfer market though..?

He is renowned for generally talking B*****s in his interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom