NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tiger procrastinates about all his business decisions in this manner we are in for some seriously frustrating times ahead.

Come on now, be fair. Apart from the manager thing (which has dragged on too long for whatever reason) we've had news on academy, new training ground, marketing, a ticket offer and merchandising. While they are not as important it's not as if there hasn't been any progress.

I’m taking the lack of any news so far today as a good thing. If there was a hold up I think Tiger would hold his hands up and let us know in his weekly update

I had a tenner on Fazackerley so I hope it takes until the end of the month so my bet gets paid. Please can I kindly request that people refrain from posting things like 'sort it out' and 'get on with it' on this thread until then, as I'm sure these types of post can have an overwhelming influence on the process.

Since Pep Clotet left Oxford another fourteen managers have lost their jobs, and we are still to appoint a new manager

Sounds like KR is coming in, I expect an announcement this evening or tomorrow morning/lunchtime.

I think we are just going through compo negotiations with Charlton Athletic. He’s said he’d resign earlier today apparently, that would suit us more, because then compensation would not have to be paid.

Charlton Fans Forum is in meltdown with KR being called everything under the sun - "northern gobshite" is about the only one printable here. Looks like it's gonna be him - if not him then he is off to somewhere else!

In Robin Herd's defence, he wanted to build the stadium and use the leisure complex to support the club - that was the original plan. Unfortunately, he was badly advised by those in charge of the stadium project and was told to use a company called Stadivarious who said they could raise several million pounds in sponsorship. This money never came and Herd was less than 24 hours away from bankruptcy as a result. As you say his heart was in the right place, but sadly put too much trust into advisors who sold him and the club down the river.

Hey, no argument from me on any of that.....but ultimately Herd was the Chairman and the decision maker and - whatever bad advice he received - he was the one who made the call to start building without all the money being securely in place. And it was a disastrous one.

No doubt the club were in a really bad position, with the Manor on its last legs and needing a new home, and various other players being difficult and/or unsupportive.

But it was the half-built stadium that put us in a financial hole that we couldn't get out of without Kassam's "help" (although in an alternate reality, the Gang of Four are probably in charge, and then who knows where the club are!?!)

Anyways back to the present day.
Karl Robinson. Solid appointment if it's him, but not Wow by any means. Personally, I'd prefer Solid to Wow anyway........

Come on now, be fair. Apart from the manager thing (which has dragged on too long for whatever reason) we've had news on academy, new training ground, marketing, a ticket offer and merchandising. While they are not as important it's not as if there hasn't been any progress.

That is a very fair point.

I just hope that all the energy put into the above has not been a distraction from a particularly pressing issue.

I’m sure once we have the news, it will all become clear.

If it is to be KR then I am not disappointed or happy. I feel very indifferent about that, however, like all our previous managers I will give him benefit of the doubt and support him. It’s not fair to do anything else (with the exception of the likes of Evans, Westley and a few others names that escape ATM).

The more disappointing aspect of this is that it is never a ‘Wow’ appointment. So if it is KR then it is a PR disaster for the new owner! Naive at best.....Completely deluded at worst!

The "wow" appointment (Kluivert) fell through according to my sources. Ive heard that reps for KR have approached us and others as the Charlton takeover drags on.

Theres some interest there. But no real progression as he has to sort Charlton exit.

Faz in charge on Sunday.

The "wow" appointment (Kluivert) fell through according to my sources. Ive heard that reps for KR have approached us and others as the Charlton takeover drags on.

Theres some interest there. But no real progression as he has to sort Charlton exit.

Faz in charge on Sunday.

Hold on. Didn’t Tiger say he’d interviewed candidates in London? And wasn’t there a story that Kluivert wouldn’t come to London?

I'd be very happy with KR - knows how to get out of this league and will also be able to hit the ground running - he has played against us and knows our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom