Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps if it is DB, any agreement to compensation is also being linked to promotion, with the amount increasing if we went up, hence why negotiations are taking place? So the figure may be significantly lower than the £1m, but somewhere near that if we got promoted?

Wasn't LM also City Group? So there could be some sort of a deal to be had possibly, plus who knows if the £1m is actually accurate?
Perhaps some sort of BOGOF deal could be agreed.
I’m surprised at the of people on here are taking this tweet as gospel, it’s likely to be some random making up numbers.

If only the Oxford Mail had used ‘new manager’ in the article, the ambiguity would have been removed.

The headline of the Oxford Mail article does actually state that, so it could be one of the assistants (PM or AC) and not necessarily LW or DB.

Oxford United ‘agreeing compensation’ with club for new manager​

Compared to the other candidates Buckingham’s employer compensation is likely excessive.

Plus he’s not got recent L1 , or even
EFL experience.( The receding one did have that experience. )

The fact that it’s an Oxfordshire homecoming for the ages may not in fact be value for money.

I’d be looking at the Brighton/Palace pair.

Is the million pounds, as opposed to nothing for Manning, the reason Manning came out on top last time? With a possible relegation on the cards that would have seemed a huge pay out, with a possible promotion perhaps less so.
why would you pay that figure for a untried coach at this level, when we we’re in the position we we’re in last season.
Credit to the club for not taking the risk, Manning however good it has been this season, nothing was certain and we struggled to get where we needed to be.
The clubs in a different position as we stand.
A good forward thinking coach, now has the platform and players to achieve something.
The likes of Crofts, McCarthy, Buckingham
all have the credentials,
But for me Crofts or McCarthy have more certainty about it.
That’s my thinking, so get your money on Buckingham.

why would you pay that figure for a untried coach at this level, when we we’re in the position we we’re in last season.
Credit to the club for not taking the risk, Manning however good it has been this season, nothing was certain and we struggled to get where we needed to be.
The clubs in a different position as we stand.
A good forward thinking coach, now has the platform and players to achieve something.
The likes of Crofts, McCarthy, Buckingham
all have the credentials,
But for me Crofts or McCarthy have more certainty about it.
That’s my thinking, so get your money on Buckingham.
Except that Buckingham has been successful in the A-League & also with New Zealand. Good coaches they may be, but McCarthy and Crofts have more to prove, seeing as they never have actually been the no1 man.

Except that Buckingham has been successful in the A-League & also with New Zealand. Good coaches they may be, but McCarthy and Crofts have more to prove, seeing as they never have actually been the no1 man.
McCarthys assistant manager At Crystal Palace and Andrew Crofts has been intrim manager at Brighton.
I have no problem if the club go for Des Buckingham, I see the romance in the homecoming . And have no doubt he’s a good coach.
But we’re comparing Premier league against Indian league.
A bit like chosen between Andy Sinnott and Shaun Bradford

McCarthys assistant manager At Crystal Palace and Andrew Crofts has been intrim manager at Brighton.
I have no problem if the club go for Des Buckingham, I see the romance in the homecoming . And have no doubt he’s a good coach.
But we’re comparing Premier league against Indian league.
A bit like chosen between Andy Sinnott and Shaun Bradford
Again, he’s won the A-League with Melbourne, also won the Indian league and overachieved with the New Zealand national team, who wanted him to stay on. What have the other two done as the main man? They haven’t? I’m sure they are great coaches and I’d get behind either if it was one of them but you can’t say what you’ve said when DB has actually done more than they have in a no1 capacity

I can’t help thinking this is a very risky move to appoint DB and the supposed £1m compensation seems an incredible amount for a manager with no EFL experience, even halved it would seem excessive. We are going to have to trust the process and have faith that somewhere along the line DB has proved, to the board, to be an irresistible force. People can point to Mousinho as a fledgling EFL manager but he was at least attuned to L1 and EFL football.

Taking the Oxford Mail headline literally then it appears to discount the likes of Crofts and McCarthy on the basis they aren’t current managers. There doesn’t appear to be any other EFL manager, fitting the profile, who might interest us apart from maybe Bell at Crewe or Jackson at Wimbledon. Unless there’s some left field appointment from, say, Scotland or Ireland it looks like DB all the way.

I can’t help thinking this is a very risky move to appoint DB and the supposed £1m compensation seems an incredible amount for a manager with no EFL experience, even halved it would seem excessive. We are going to have to trust the process and have faith that somewhere along the line DB has proved, to the board, to be an irresistible force. People can point to Mousinho as a fledgling EFL manager but he was at least attuned to L1 and EFL football.

Taking the Oxford Mail headline literally then it appears to discount the likes of Crofts and McCarthy on the basis they aren’t current managers. There doesn’t appear to be any other EFL manager, fitting the profile, who might interest us apart from maybe Bell at Crewe or Jackson at Wimbledon. Unless there’s some left field appointment from, say, Scotland or Ireland it looks like DB all the way.
It won’t be Buckingham! I think it’ll be Crofts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom