Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oufc is not sustainable in its current predicament.
What will be sustainable is Oufc in the second division with all the things that go with being in a new stadium, bigger crowds, sponsorship deals and TV rights etc.

Our owners are very wealthy…they aren’t messing about and when they have an opportunity to get the right person in and it doesn’t effect things regarding fair play rules, then what the hell is a few hundred grand between filthy rich business partners? Baring in mind they will be finding 150m quid for our new home, this is small fry.

It doesn’t mean we should just let the owners do what they want without question
If they are prepared to pay for it out of their own pocket then that’s upto them though, it doesn’t come out of the playing budget and isn’t factored into the profit & sustainability losses either. They could pay arsene wenger £10m a year if they really wanted.

This is all a bit worrying. £1m compo for Buckingham - we must be mad!!
We're in a strong position, on and off the pitch, and while I very much doubt it's as much as £1M compensation, we can't afford to be cutting corners or doing things on the cheap right now, so whether it's Buckingham or someone else, if we want to keep moving in the right direction, it's gonna cost us

Last edited:
How have an Indian team got a manager with a 1 million quid release fee?

Because they are part of City Group and their connected web of clubs.

They pass managers around between them - Des was the assistant manager at Melbourne before they moved him over to be #1 at Mumbai.

It's probably easier to consider this as being the same as if we were hiring a member of the coaching staff at Manchester City.

Well how does anyone know if 1 million quid is accurate?

We didn't receive anywhere near the £650k compensation for Manning and others as has been mentioned, and we won't be paying £1m for Buckingham either.

Halving both would be far more realistic.

IIRC, Charlton were willing to meet the compensation (whatever it is) however CFG blocked the approach.

Do we think Charlton, Oxford (and supposedly Lincoln) were all prepared to drop 1m on compensation?
I read that, but surely if Charlton are willing to meet the compensation fee then CFG can't block the approach? Is it not like a release clause players sometimes have?

I read that, but surely if Charlton are willing to meet the compensation fee then CFG can't block the approach? Is it not like a release clause players sometimes have?

We clearly aren't paying a release cause in his contract if we're negotiating a compensation package with the club.

That's if it's Buckingham 😉

We clearly aren't paying a release cause in his contract if we're negotiating a compensation package with the club.

That's if it's Buckingham 😉
I'd assume we are negotiating if going for Des but the tweet regarding Charlton implied that they met the fee but CFG wouldn't release him still.

Because they are part of City Group and their connected web of clubs.

They pass managers around between them - Des was the assistant manager at Melbourne before they moved him over to be #1 at Mumbai.

It's probably easier to consider this as being the same as if we were hiring a member of the coaching staff at Manchester City.
1 Million would still seem way too much though

I'd assume we are negotiating if going for Des but the tweet regarding Charlton implied that they met the fee but CFG wouldn't release him still.

It can't be a release clause in his contract.then as once that figure has been met CFG can't do anything about it.

Charlton may not have met the buy out clause abit like Blackpool with Cam or Buckingham didn't want the job at Charlton again like Cam with Blackpool when they finally met it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom