Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has always been rumoured.
Pompey were supposed to have been interested but dropped out due to the compensation required.
It does seem a ridiculous amount to pay for a L1 club.
It is a huge risk money wise, but might have bigger rewards!

It would be irresponsible to pay that for a manager, any manager.
I find it strange that it's acceptable to pay 750k for 29 year old Jack Marriott but not the same for a manager, who you'd think would have much more of an impact on a club. Can't imagine we will pay anything near the apparent clause if we do get Des.

If true, I know we have rich owners, but Christ we must be really loaded and seems like lots to pay at our level…..

It’s not my money though and I’ll enjoy this period of fun / madness / excitement whilst it lasts for our club…..

I find it strange that it's acceptable to pay 750k for 29 year old Jack Marriott but not the same for a manager, who you'd think would have much more of an impact on a club. Can't imagine we will pay anything near the apparent clause if we do get Des.
I thought that we offered £400k for Marriott.
I take your point, but managers seem to be generally far less expensive than players.

Perhaps if it is DB, any agreement to compensation is also being linked to promotion, with the amount increasing if we went up, hence why negotiations are taking place? So the figure may be significantly lower than the £1m, but somewhere near that if we got promoted?

Wasn't LM also City Group? So there could be some sort of a deal to be had possibly, plus who knows if the £1m is actually accurate?

That has always been rumoured.
Pompey were supposed to have been interested but dropped out due to the compensation required.
It does seem a ridiculous amount to pay for a L1 club.
I'm pretty sure last week Jerome Sale said his understanding was the club were willing to pay more than they got for Manning in compensation but it would be 'nothing like' the numbers doing the rounds on social media (which I assumed referenced the 'almost £1m' for DB on twitter).
It wasn't clear whether it was the compo required to get DB was nothing like £1m, or the amount the club was willing to pay was nothing like that figure.
Either way, it seems whoever gets it won't have cost the club £1m.

If as rumored we received comp of circa £650k for the three stooges you could look at it being an outlay of £350k
Fair point. Even so, if we are paying out 6 figures to get DB, the board must be properly sold on his abilities. As such,
you'd want him tied into a long contract with no release clause.

Bristol City are said to be concerned that we're paying too much compensation for Buckingham, as this may be passed on to them when they come to sign him in a few months.

There was a "rumour" that LW was being interviewed for the second time - complete lie.

Blimey, is this a football forum or a laundrette?. Let the owners run the club and choose whoever they see as the best candidate, any compo included. We have sold Manning and staff and this revenue will be offset against anyone employed leaving a more than affordable figure over a 3 or 4 year contract.

Blimey, is this a football forum or a laundrette?. Let the owners run the club and choose whoever they see as the best candidate, any compo included. We have sold Manning and staff and this revenue will be offset against anyone employed leaving a more than affordable figure over a 3 or 4 year contract.
As fans of the club we should scrutinise every decision made by any owners and assess if it’s being taken in the long-term sustainable interest of Oxford United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom