Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could do much better.

We could but that means paying someone out of their contract of another club. Apart from Eustace and Lampard none of the others out of work strike me as being able to continue the same pathway and playing style.

Alot of bed wetting from Notts County fans over Ruben's comment, any player could of said they would love their previous clubs manager to come in. It means nothing other than Ruben has respect and praise of Williams.
One of their former players who they adored has come out and said he wants us to poach their manager. We've had tears on here because someone who used to play for us said we were good and he hoped we'd fall away a bit.

Agreed that none of it means much but a lot of people are very precious. I'm a little surprised we've not had anyone get upset because Rodrigues also said he loves Notts County.

If you'd met Johnny Lager 10pints in to a night out in 5th... wouldn't you have been disappointed if hadn't tried to start a fight with you?! ;)
Have only good things to say about Durnin.
Came training with us, when suspended by Horton.
Done everything as asked and took 1 session and was really good.
Turned up with his kit on the Saturday, looking for a game.
Went in to have a cup of tea with Mick Moore on the Monday, who brought me into the gym under the Beech Road. Where Horton and Moss were doing sit ups.
Horton said I should have played him.
Like anyone else, with a load of beer in them.

Joey Beauchamp tried it on with my missus in 5th whilst I was basically stood a few yards away. I was obviously mortified…what a prick for turning down Joey and going home with me!
RIP Joey 💛💙
😂 Mark Angel did the same to me. Got him back a couple of years later by copping off with his girlfriend!

We could but that means paying someone out of their contract of another club. Apart from Eustace and Lampard none of the others out of work strike me as being able to continue the same pathway and playing style.

On what basis do you think Lampard - or Eustace for that matter - can ? Nothing, absolutely nothing, in Lampard’s managerial career thus far says he can continue a style or implement a style of play and give a team an identity. I wouldn’t trust him one bit to continue, or be capable of continuing, anything we currently have going on. Eustace again, what guarantees does he come with ? I think it’s clear the two who are most likely to continue the journey that’s been started, in terms of style and formation, are Buckingham and Williams.

On what basis do you think Lampard - or Eustace for that matter - can ? Nothing, absolutely nothing, in Lampard’s managerial career thus far says he can continue a style or implement a style of play and give a team an identity. I wouldn’t trust him one bit to continue, or be capable of continuing, anything we currently have going on. Eustace again, what guarantees does he come with ? I think it’s clear the two who are most likely to continue the journey that’s been started, in terms of style and formation, are Buckingham and Williams.

I do agree that Buckingham or Williams will probably continue in the same way as we currently are and have the sand philosophy so to speak as Manning.

Lampard's Derby and Eustace's Kidderminster played some beautiful football, that's why I believe they could come in and do a good job and wouldn't require to try and prise away from their current employment or compensation needing to be paid.

The other out of contract managers like Ainsworth, Dean Holden, Wilder etc don't strike me of continuing in the same way.

This was a long time ago, followed by a miserable Lampard's Chelsea and Lampard's Everton, it's a hard no from me

Don't forget Potter went to Chelsea after doing a great job at Brighton, it didn't work out for him either.

Everton have been a mess of a club apart from the stadium way prior to Lampard's reign.

I'm not saying we should go for Lampard but I would rather have him here than Wilder, Holden or Ainsworth.

This was a long time ago, followed by a miserable Lampard's Chelsea and Lampard's Everton, it's a hard no from me

I can’t remember who they lost to in play offs but it was a tepid, lame performance from Derby. No functionality and the players were flat, not up for it at all. Said a lot about Lampard and his ability to prepare a team for the big occasion. Done nothing whatsoever to change that in three subsequent managerial stints. I’d genuinely rather have Holden, Wilder or pretty much any other manager mentioned than see Lampard here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom