Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much doubt we have conducted any interviews yet. If the news re; Buckingham is true then Manning going has probably just forced Lincoln's hand. I doubt it is true though.

The general consensus on the Lincoln City forums is that the fans would love to see the Cowleys return. However the Buckingham price has been slashed and a couple of posts on there seem to be keen on the move, as we know he's a young manager with more experience than anyone else at his age, plus training to play a certain way under the City Football Group.

Is this his moment for us or will we miss out and regret it? Is he too much of a risk considering our position? Oh if only we had a time machine...

The general consensus on the Lincoln City forums is that the fans would love to see the Cowleys return. However the Buckingham price has been slashed and a couple of posts on there seem to be keen on the move, as we know he's a young manager with more experience than anyone else at his age, plus training to play a certain way under the City Football Group.

Is this his moment for us or will we miss out and regret it? Is he too much of a risk considering our position? Oh if only we had a time machine...

We'd just keep going back to 1984 tbf.

Lincoln betting going off - that happened with us 2 or 3 times, last time round.
Might just have been a big bet or a flurry thats panicked the bookies...

Does anyone know to what extent he was involved in the process las time?

If LM was chosen over him last time, I'm sure he would be thinking why would he get it this time when the job will attract a better caliber of applicant.

If that is the case can certainly see the appeal of a good League One club in Lincoln.

NB

I just checked the League One table and Lincoln are 9th!! That to me shows how weak the League is this year as we absolutely outclassed them a few weeks back!

Lincoln betting going off - that happened with us 2 or 3 times, last time round.
Might just have been a big bet or a flurry thats panicked the bookies...
If DB has accepted Lincoln then surely the press release would be rapid. The longer no confirmation the more chance he might wait for the Oxford gig. 25/1!

Dan Marsh

@DanielMarsh92

🚨
Understand Charlton have been denied permission to speak with Mumbai City head coach Des Buckingham.City Football Group don't want to lose Buckingham and blocked Charlton's approach even though #CAFC agreed to meet the relevant compensation demands.

Charlie trying to get in before us 😂. Maybe the reason Buckingham’s price has gone out is he will just not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom