Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some would do well to remember that blind faith or loyalty in a situation that is increasingly difficult to support will eventually, have a detrimental affect on OUFC as a whole.
A true friend is somebody who sets you straight when you’re making mistakes or behaving badly. Not somebody who encourages you no matter what.

For all the talk of strengthening in Jan, the chances are we won’t be troubling the top 6 nor be sucked into a relegation battle. The key bit of recruitment is Mark Thomas’ replacement. It should be a Director of Football hired to be the manager’s boss. If, as I imagine, it’s a direct replacement and KR has any input, that will be a huge sign that the fans and board have very different ideas of what’s going on at the club.

As I’ve said before, I think it’s time for a new start. I don’t think we are anywhere near the board taking action though and haven’t been all season.

The reality is this.. (not something people will like to hear)..

Oxford fans aren’t very passionate.

If they were I bet there would be major grumbling and discontent.

I bet you a million quid Pompey fans are calling for Cowley’s head etc on social media and more importantly at fratton park today!!
Just asked a Pompey mate who was at their game today..

‘Boos - started after about 30 minutes today. Still were some boos at half time even though we’d equalised. Most of the crowd have given up on him now - as have the players (Raggett apart obvs). Fratton Park was eerily quiet - which is unlike FP.’

So apathy at Pompey as well but there were Cowleys out chants..

Back to us. I find it genuinely unbelievable some fans would still keep him in post. He’s simply not good enough - poor tactics / not making the most of the squad / unbalanced squad. He is massively under performing.

The board seem to be performing well off the pitch, but the longer they persist with Robinson the bigger the mistake they are making.

I was encouraged by listening to Paul Perros (excuse me if I misspelled the surname) after the match during the phone in. This is because he speaks as. a fan and someone who is cleary well informed as to the bigger picture. In summary, it would be folly to sack KR as this time for a variety of very good reasons whilst the stadium situation is so much more important in the long term. It would not be wise, strategically, to dump the current manager until such time as the table says that's the right thing to do, and also, what would the new manager inherit? There is no way anyone in their right mind would take on managing Oxford at this time if the expectation was to achieve a playoff place this season!
There is no doubt that KR is unable to achieve any more, with or without board backing, and we have to accept that we will likely be entering a relegation battle (On the basis of current form).
Good business is based upon the longer term objectives, and we know that Kassam's business model was based upon short term gratification, and long term failure.
Trust in the process. And for those who talk about 'blockages in the system', understand the system before knocking it.

I was encouraged by listening to Paul Perros (excuse me if I misspelled the surname) after the match during the phone in. This is because he speaks as. a fan and someone who is cleary well informed as to the bigger picture. In summary, it would be folly to sack KR as this time for a variety of very good reasons whilst the stadium situation is so much more imprortant in the long term. It would not be wise, strategically, to dump the current manager until such time as the table says that's the right thing to do, and also, what would the new manager inherit? There is no way anyone in their right mind would take on managing Oxford at this time if the expectation was to achieve a playoff place a this season!
There is no doubt that KR is unable to achieve any more, with or without board backing, and we have to accept that we will likely be entering a relegation battle (On the basis of current form).
Good business is based upon the longer term objectives, and we know that Kassam's business model was based upon short term gratification, and long term failure.
Trust in the process. And for those who talk about 'blockages in the system', understand the system before knocking it.

This idea presented by Paul and now yourself than we must settle for League 1 midtable till we get a new stadium is absolutely ludicrous.

I’ve heard it a few times and it’ll never ever make any sense for me.

I'm not sure that's true. I have seen the PASHUN of our fans on many occasions over the years. Despite the fact that we play our home games in an unfinished breeze block wind tunnel, miles away from anywhere apart from a sewerage works, we have generated some decent atmospheres there. But everything is stale now. We've clearly got nothing to play for this season and we've got no direction on the football side of things. There is little reason for anyone to get excited, unfortunately.

The club dropped an enormous bollock with how they treated the Ultras though. They are a big miss.

100% this.

I was encouraged by listening to Paul Perros (excuse me if I misspelled the surname) after the match during the phone in. This is because he speaks as. a fan and someone who is cleary well informed as to the bigger picture. In summary, it would be folly to sack KR as this time for a variety of very good reasons whilst the stadium situation is so much more important in the long term. It would not be wise, strategically, to dump the current manager until such time as the table says that's the right thing to do, and also, what would the new manager inherit? There is no way anyone in their right mind would take on managing Oxford at this time if the expectation was to achieve a playoff place this season!

Why wouldn’t anyone take the job if the expectation was a play off place? Are you indirectly suggesting that the current manager is underperforming in his role?

Having been a ST holder for decades and an ever present away from home, you’d do well not questioning my support of the football club, if indeed that is what you’re doing indirectly.

You’ve not actually suggested what there is. that demonstrates that what I’ve stated regarding the current situation is incorrect.

A) It wasn’t a particularly good crowd - less than 8000 home fans on NYE?
B) Jodi Jones STILL can’t get a look in
C) Murphy ‘the best player in the league’ was crap when he came on

When talking of supporting the football club, I think some would do well to remember that blind faith or loyalty in a situation that is increasingly difficult to support will eventually, have a detrimental affect on OUFC as a whole. Currently, the manager in situ is divisive and chaotic. Meanwhile, his track record would suggest that we can expect promotion one season in the next 7 (based on his current career record). If that’s good enough for some then fair enough. For me, he’s now falling considerably short of what was expected of him.
Generally speaking the crowd was ok and on par with Thursday for Home Support and given what's happening in the country a reasonable turn out.

Jodi Jones is difficult to answer from the outside, one can only assume things which is not healthy, but the staff see them everyday in Training etc.

Cannot fathom your Josh Murphy comment, is a player not able to play poorly then? not forgetting he was unplayable on Thursday.

When i post i do try to offer some balance and just because another fan does have a different viewpoint, does not mean there is a right and wrong or that one deserves to be "Labelled" with comments about blind loyality and Happy clappers nonsense.

I have said it enough times already that posters repeating the same thing on virtual every thread and without fail should we dare to draw or lose a game of football will never change the situation to that they are hoping for....I'm afraid it's not so simple as "Dont Read it" when like i say it's virtual every thread.

The alternative to don't read it is to not contribute or try and debate, then there is no forum.

I’m coming to the conclusion that you are some teenage, keyboard warrior.

The only thing becoming tiresome on here is you.

There are many posters who have different views but you can actually debate with them. Unfortunately people can’t do that with you because of your pathetic name calling and lack of ability to accept different opinions.

You showed yourself up when you bottled the chance to express your feelings at the fans forum but then again I wasn’t surprised.

I would say enjoy the wins when they come along but I’m not actually you do because it means Robinson stays.
Some Teenage keyboard warrior, is what I am this time is it? :ROFLMAO:
Best make your mind up, as in your last pm to me, you concluded "We may have different views but we are both Oxford fans."
And you call me the name caller?
You and your little group are tiresome in terms of always feeling the need to scratch around like old mother hens, searching for reasons to keep kr in a job week on week, to say the same thing, make the same mistakes and throw who he likes under the bus. I can wait to read your accounts after todays games.
Oh name calling is rife on hear, so no singling me out. Regarding debating, you know full well my stance as you outlined in your last PM to me. So your retort here of
"people can’t do that with you because of your pathetic name calling and lack of ability to accept different opinions. is blown out of the water.

"You showed yourself up when you bottled the chance to express your feelings at the fans forum but then again I wasn’t surprised." Mind reader are we?? I did get responses for two questions from the forum, so again a rather silly retort, but not unexpected.
"I would say enjoy the wins when they come along but I’m not actually (SURE) you do because it means Robinson stays." I cheer all the wins as sit there each game as unlike some I support Oxford United and want the best for the club, unlike some who are all things kr it seems, regardless how long it keeps his failing methods at our club, when with the budgets available we could be enjoying so much more as supporters.

Hope that answers your unfounded rant, if not tough s**t.

Having been a ST holder for decades and an ever present away from home, you’d do well not questioning my support of the football club, if indeed that is what you’re doing indirectly.

You’ve not actually suggested what there is. that demonstrates that what I’ve stated regarding the current situation is incorrect.

A) It wasn’t a particularly good crowd - less than 8000 home fans on NYE?
B) Jodi Jones STILL can’t get a look in
C) Murphy ‘the best player in the league’ was crap when he came on

When talking of supporting the football club, I think some would do well to remember that blind faith or loyalty in a situation that is increasingly difficult to support will eventually, have a detrimental affect on OUFC as a whole. Currently, the manager in situ is divisive and chaotic. Meanwhile, his track record would suggest that we can expect promotion one season in the next 7 (based on his current career record). If that’s good enough for some then fair enough. For me, he’s now falling considerably short of what was expected of him.

The Murphy comment is a bit of a weird one. As if you couldn’t wait to knock him down after a good performance on Thursday.

I want KR gone and am as frustrated as anyone, but you don’t have to find the negative drum and bang it as hard as you can on every point. If KR spouts optimistic nonsense at one end of the scale, it feels like your posts can be often found at the other.

Generally speaking the crowd was ok and on par with Thursday for Home Support and given what's happening in the country a reasonable turn out.

Jodi Jones is difficult to answer from the outside, one can only assume things which is not healthy, but the staff see them everyday in Training etc.

Cannot fathom your Josh Murphy comment, is a player not able to play poorly then? not forgetting he was unplayable on Thursday.

When i post i do try to offer some balance and just because another fan does have a different viewpoint, does not mean there is a right and wrong or that one deserves to be "Labelled" with comments about blind loyality and Happy clappers nonsense.

I have said it enough times already that posters repeating the same thing on virtual every thread and without fail should we dare to draw or lose a game of football will never change the situation to that they are hoping for....I'm afraid it's not so simple as "Dont Read it" when like i say it's virtual every thread.

The alternative to don't read it is to not contribute or try and debate, then there is no forum.

It’s been said by a few on here, including myself, that the Jodi Jones situation is not simply football related. You may choose to ignore that but it’s the truth.

Josh Murphy was hailed by our manager as the best player in Lg1 two days ago when he had his first really good 45 minutes of the season (game number 23 of the season!). Yet, when the team really needed him to step up today, where was the ‘best player in the league’? My point being, when will KR learn to just shut up with the press? Why come out with the flippant ‘I won’t apologise for saying he’s the best in league 1’ comment?

There are some, albeit a few, who continue to offer blind loyalty to KR. Read the comments, you’ll see it for yourself. That’s not me labelling anybody, it’s how they see it. That is fine, that’s their opinion. However, if you or anyone else believe that is the best stance for the football club, then in MY OPINION you are mistaken.

The statistics suggest KR will not get us promoted, neither do they suggest we will meet our stated objective of a play off place.

A clear sign that we should keep him, that he's made the f*cking thing a mess.

Sick to death of it. Many of us saw it coming. No ambition, groundhog day performances, Roboguff after the game. This football club would be suffering death by apathy if we didn't have the stadium to keep us interested.

GET. HIM. OUT. NOW. FOR. F--K. SAKE.

It’s been said by a few on here, including myself, that the Jodi Jones situation is not simply football related. You may choose to ignore that but it’s the truth.

Josh Murphy was hailed by our manager as the best player in Lg1 two days ago when he had his first really good 45 minutes of the season (game number 23 of the season!). Yet, when the team really needed him to step up today, where was the ‘best player in the league’? My point being, when will KR learn to just shut up with the press? Why come out with the flippant ‘I won’t apologise for saying he’s the best in league 1’ comment?

There are some, albeit a few, who continue to offer blind loyalty to KR. Read the comments, you’ll see it for yourself. That’s not me labelling anybody, it’s how they see it. That is fine, that’s their opinion. However, if you or anyone else believe that is the best stance for the football club, then in MY OPINION you are mistaken.

The statistics suggest KR will not get us promoted, neither do they suggest we will meet our stated objective of a play off place.
Jodi Jones is not the only player who doesn't play for us for "non-footballing" reasons.

Many of our support our burying their heads in the sand at the boys club Karl runs.

The Murphy comment is a bit of a weird one. As if you couldn’t wait to knock him down after a good performance on Thursday.

I want KR gone and am as frustrated as anyone, but you don’t have to find the negative drum and bang it as hard as you can on every point. If KR spouts optimistic nonsense at one end of the scale, it feels like your posts can be often found at the other.
Murphy has had one good 45 minutes in 24 games (TWENTY FOUR!).

He has NOT been injured all season and the good grace for him was low before he decided to turn up against a poor Charlton team.

Today, with half a game and level game he had the chance to follow up on his one good half….perhaps you thought he had a good enough game for a player of the standing for which Robinson regards him. Personally, I didn’t think he was anywhere near what we required today.

If he can be praised for performances a few days ago, he can equally be critiqued today. Can’t he?

Murphy has had one good 45 minutes in 24 games (TWENTY FOUR!).

He has NOT been injured all season and the good grace for him was low before he decided to turn up against a poor Charlton team

Today, with half a game and level game he had the chance to follow up on his one good half….perhaps you thought he had a good enough game for a player of the standing for which Robinson regards him. Personally, I didn’t think he was anywhere near what we required today.

If he can be praised for performances a few days ago, he can equally be critiqued today. Can’t he?
Probably wants to feature in the Arsenal game? As regards the Robbo out thing, I think he'll keep us up so find a new manager in the summer, although I feel for @Mellowyellow and his blood pressure

I watched that game and yes we were poor but I’m not sure they ‘battered’ us. Ipswich played us off the park for 90 mins and the stats back that up with their 64% possession, 18 shots to our 9, their 13 corners to our 4.

The game Forest Green ‘battered’ us we had 54% possession, 19 shot to their 12 but they did have 8 corners to our 5. So while we did play poorly in that game I wouldn’t say we got played off the park.
There was only one team that was going to win that game in the second half once they scored though & that’s a team that got hammered 7-1 a few weeks before.

At home this season, our performances have been nothing short of dire.

Cambridge - only won thanks to a wonder goal by TG
Lincoln - looked toothless and univentive & only scored via a penalty.
Morecambe - battered them but they are one of the worst sides in this division.
Burton - very lucky to beat them, they hit the bar late on, so could have dropped two points there. Very poor side again.
MK Dons - awful, they came as one of the worst sides form wise in the league and they did a job on us.
Wycombe - They were awful that day & while we had a lot of shots we never even looked like scoring.
Peterborough - went 2-0 down, only started to play when Taylor got sent off. Could have snuck a draw but didn’t really deserve it after the start of the game.
Fleetwood - they could have been 2-0 up within 5 minutes. Not a good side at all. We made them look good at times.
Port Vale - That day we took our chances but they had their own that day. Just didn’t take them and we ran out comfortable winners looking at the scoreline.
Forest Green - played well first half but second half only one side tried to play football & we didn’t look like scoring once it went 1-1.
Charlton - blew them away first half, however second half of it wasn’t for a Mcginty save it goes 2-2 and it’s a different game. They brought their 3 subs on and the game changed completely. Two very poor sides against each other.
Exeter - looked utterly toothless. Had no forward in the box on a regular basis. Once we didn’t score within the 1st 30 minutes, myself & those around me knew what was coming.

This season at home has been horrific & nothing short of that. No masking it & no excuses. Robinson built the squad and caused his own issues and problems. He gets no sympathy from me and he should be gone. He’s rapidly turning supporters away from coming to watch us unlike last season with his turgid,boring unimaginative sideways football. 3 clean sheets in 30 odd games is not good enough & never will be for a team challenging for promotion.

Karl Robinson is a fraud & has managed to convince some fans that our performances this season have been acceptable. This has been coming from about 10 games out from the end of last season. Some of us recognised it. Others still haven’t. There’s a divide in the club at the minute and it’s all down to the manager. He’s creating that toxic, nervous atmosphere at home unfortunately.

Do you see him as more well informed because he shares the same views as you?
There is no way anyone in their right mind would take on managing Oxford at this time if the expectation was to achieve a playoff place this season!
For you to say that there the above is being a little naïve, as there are quality managers out of a job that would come in and be able to achieve a lot more with this squad than the current incumbent.

Team vs Stadium? If things are allowed to go on we may end up in a Darlington situation a few years ago, a new shiny stadium, that gets a few thousand crowds as the team are in the second division.
Both are of equal importance, the stadium can be pursued, at the same time as a new manager coming in to push the club forward to promotion. It doesnt have to be either/or. Promotion goes hand in hand with seeking a new stadium to attract larger crowds.

Do you see him as more well informed because he shares the same views as you?

For you to say that there the above is being a little naïve, as there are quality managers out of a job that would come in and be able to achieve a lot more with this squad than the current incumbent.

Team vs Stadium? If things are allowed to go on we may end up in a Darlington situation a few years ago, a new shiny stadium, that gets a few thousand crowds as the team are in the second division.
Both are of equal importance, the stadium can be pursued, at the same time as a new manager coming in to push the club forward to promotion. It doesnt have to be either/or. Promotion goes hand in hand with seeking a new stadium to attract larger crowds.
Really sorry Mellow Yellow (such a inappropriate name) Robbo ain't going anywhere until the summer.

Everyone on RadOx sat on the fence when it came to Karl other than perhaps Nick

It’s amazing to me how nobody either pressures him directly or gets themselves off the fence and declares one way or the other which way they think the board should move
Even the people of Radio Oxford supposedly being fans sit in the fence. May be they’re too close to the club too to speak their minds.

Not saying they should say he should go or not, but at least have a view over the season so far and the last window etc.

Robinson should have been booted out a few months ago. Now is not the time e.g. during a transfer window. I just hope that the club has learnt by their mistakes in the last window, but their responses at the Fans Forum would suggest they haven’t which is the most concerning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom