Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How anybody could support the current incumbent and his team of merry men is beyond me.

Because that's what supporters do, through thick and thin. Win together, lose together. I get the frustration, but I don't get the way that some have given up after a relatively little blip in the wider picture of supporting our club. I don't know how some would have coped during the genuinely difficult periods when we dropped out the league and our future was at risk on several occasions.

Because that's what supporters do, through thick and thin. Win together, lose together. I get the frustration, but I don't get the way that some have given up after a relatively little blip in the wider picture of supporting our club. I don't know how some would have coped during the genuinely difficult periods when we dropped out the league and our future was at risk on several occasions.

Maybe we've been spoilt these past few seasons, three good shouts at playoffs/promotion, one where we were literally an Anthony Stewart toenail away from going up.
Promotion is unlikely, relegation even more so. The future is bright. Meltdown City on here after half a season where we're 12th come New Years.

Those were hardship days.

Now we have brazillionaires behind the club and we're managed by a sequential failure with a hyperbolic line in self-serving cant who will accrue any and all credit to his account regardless of who earned that credit. It isn't the same.

Those were hardship days.

Now we have brazillionaires behind the club and we're managed by a sequential failure with a hyperbolic line in self-serving cant who will accrue any and all credit to his account regardless of who earned that credit. It isn't the same.

You're right, it isn't the same. But that should give optimism, and there's plenty to look forward to.

Maybe we've been spoilt these past few seasons, three good shouts at playoffs/promotion, one where we were literally an Anthony Stewart toenail away from going up.
Promotion is unlikely, relegation even more so. The future is bright. Meltdown City on here after half a season where we're 12th come New Years.

Spoilt? Wow.

there was a fans forum where opportunity to air your view, the silence was deafening and i'm still baffled how so many outers are analysing games from presence when they'd said they were not attending.

where's all these protests that some on here were talking of doing,if you want your voice heard then do something about it.

Keep repeating the same stuff for months wont achieve anything, if you think the board are happy to keep him and you believe that's wrong then show them and make them aware.why just put your hands on your head and keep spoutomg the same stuff on here.

The poor other forum members don't need keep reading it, it's boring dull and tiresome and we cannot change things for you.

I’d like to know why you picked me up on this, as I’ve not spoken of “sack him” for a number of weeks, when others have been far more prolific.

I guess because of my growing concerns knowing about our summer recruitment, when others didn’t have the same knowledge, and I was raising the alarm bells during the summer, because I knew it would end up being a s**t show of a season. Looks like that’s how it’s looking too.

If we've been spoilt, how would you describe the last few years for the fans of Bournemouth or Blackpool or Luton or any number of comparable (and many smaller clubs) that have enjoyed promotions and/or Tier 2 or even Tier 1 football in that time?

You appear to have fallen into the trap of thinking this is being spoilt when infact (for my money) we are currently achieving 'par' as a club.

Mr Chairman's notes this afternoon.

"Let’s deal with the on the pitch first. Clearly, we are nowhere near where we want to be in the league table. Undoubtedly the number of long-term injuries we had early in the season has been a factor, but it does not entirely explain our league position, particularly when we believed we have a squad that can get us promotion. We have now given some good teams a long head start, but a friend and U's fan recently reminded me that Oxford have often put together strong runs in the second half of the season, including in 1995/96 when the team were much worse off than we are today and managed to produce a run of results that got us promotion on the last day of the season.
I continue to believe that is possible this season. We have the players to get us there. At times we have shown that we are as capable as the best teams in the league, with some excellent individual and collective performances. If we can stay fit, improve our consistency, keep believing, we can get there, but we need to make our move now or that gap to the top is only going to widen."

I did smile at the reference to 1996 and let's wait till mid Jan to readdress our attempts to improve our consistency

If we've been spoilt, how would you describe the last few years for the fans of Bournemouth or Blackpool or Luton or any number of comparable (and many smaller clubs) that have enjoyed promotions and/or Tier 2 or even Tier 1 football in that time?

You appear to have fallen into the trap of thinking this is being spoilt when infact (for my money) we are currently achieving 'par' as a club.
Luton is a good comparison. In the conference at the same point as us, promoted after us and they're currently 5th in the Championship.

A top 25 club.

• React
Reactions: MJB

We got into that play off final in extraordinary, never seen before and never likely to be seen again circumstances, I always say that wasn’t a proper season and needs an asterisk by it.
The following one was at least a normal one on the pitch, so is his true best season in terms of outcome, we made it to the play offs on the last day then got twattted out of them in the first half of the first leg of the semi finals.
Last season we got a higher points total in a better standard but still came 8th, probably Robinson’s best team in his time here but he had 3 and a bit seasons to put that team together, how many other managers get that amount of time?

We haven’t been spoiled, he has been backed and well paid in his time here, look at the top ten manager’s employment length wise in this country that someone else has posted on here and he is the only one without an achievement of note.

headinsand.jpeg

Getting in to the play offs the following season behind closed doors after a shock Accrington win at Portsmouth on the final day.

Disagree here, think he’s been fairly decent in the market barring last summer as we’ve been unlucky with injuries. However Yanik and Murphy have shown glimpses in the last two games of justifying why we went for them. Anderson also looks a fantastic player now he’s fit and Bate showing real quality. Fingers crossed for an upturn in form! Today was a real game of two halves, didn’t take our chances first half and punished second. Onwards and upwards but think we’re still in with a sniff this season if we get Joseph back fit and another few key transfer additions.

First half today was some of the best football I’ve seen us play this season.
Does the fact that we need to cross our fingers for an upturn in form or that we are 'in with a sniff' not kind of highlight the problem to you? Really struggle to understand what you don't see.

Our budget suggests we're not plucky little Oxford lucky to mix it with the big boys, we spend vast sums, vast sums that in 2022 has produced the square root of b****r all.

Having been a ST holder for decades and an ever present away from home, you’d do well not questioning my support of the football club, if indeed that is what you’re doing indirectly.

You’ve not actually suggested what there is. that demonstrates that what I’ve stated regarding the current situation is incorrect.

A) It wasn’t a particularly good crowd - less than 8000 home fans on NYE?
B) Jodi Jones STILL can’t get a look in
C) Murphy ‘the best player in the league’ was crap when he came on

When talking of supporting the football club, I think some would do well to remember that blind faith or loyalty in a situation that is increasingly difficult to support will eventually, have a detrimental affect on OUFC as a whole. Currently, the manager in situ is divisive and chaotic. Meanwhile, his track record would suggest that we can expect promotion one season in the next 7 (based on his current career record). If that’s good enough for some then fair enough. For me, he’s now falling considerably short of what was expected of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom