Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attended every game in the East stand this season have heard (surprisingly, disappointingly, choose your own) very little criticism towards KR.
Apathy is far, far more dangerous than anger. The belief from the vast majority is bound to be approaching rock bottom, including most of those who like him. Hardly anybody who says that they want him in charge is also saying that they believe this season is in play. A few might be going down with the ship, but they’re few and far between.

Don’t confuse people being quiet with them being content.

What we’ve got from this season on the pitch so far is a result of a lazy, chaotic recruitment during the summer transfer window.

We have a short on numbers, unbalanced squad.

I bet we’re hugely underperforming taking into account the size of our budget against other sides in our division.

We’ll continue to limp on until the end of the season.

Apathy is far, far more dangerous than anger. The belief from the vast majority is bound to be approaching rock bottom, including most of those who like him. Hardly anybody who says that they want him in charge is also saying that they believe this season is in play. A few might be going down with the ship, but they’re few and far between.

There was a happy clappy chap who contested another’s view of discontent.

How anyone could possibly think KR being in charge of another transfer window is a good idea is terrifying.
Disagree here, think he’s been fairly decent in the market barring last summer as we’ve been unlucky with injuries. However Yanik and Murphy have shown glimpses in the last two games of justifying why we went for them. Anderson also looks a fantastic player now he’s fit and Bate showing real quality. Fingers crossed for an upturn in form! Today was a real game of two halves, didn’t take our chances first half and punished second. Onwards and upwards but think we’re still in with a sniff this season if we get Joseph back fit and another few key transfer additions.

First half today was some of the best football I’ve seen us play this season.

Disagree here, think he’s been fairly decent in the market barring last summer as we’ve been unlucky with injuries. However Yanik and Murphy have shown glimpses in the last two games of justifying why we went for them. Anderson also looks a fantastic player now he’s fit and Bate showing real quality. Fingers crossed for an upturn in form! Today was a real game of two halves, didn’t take our chances first half and punished second. Onwards and upwards but think we’re still in with a sniff this season if we get Joseph back fit and another few key transfer additions.

You think making a player one of our very highest earners is a justifiable decision when he played approximately 90mins of football for us? Taking into consideration the club were fully aware of his injury and other possible issues beforehand?

I appreciate the optimism, but I think the issue for a lot of people is that we shouldn't be banking on Joseph returning and some new additions to get us 'in with a sniff'. With the budget we've had available and the length of time Robinson has had in the job, we should be well amongst it as it is now.

The reality is this.. (not something people will like to hear)..

Oxford fans aren’t very passionate.

If they were I bet there would be major grumbling and discontent.

I bet you a million quid Pompey fans are calling for Cowley’s head etc on social media and more importantly at fratton park today!!

Which is a sad.

KR should’ve gone after the Wycombe or Peterborough game, but it won’t happen now. He’s going nowhere until the end of the season or until it’s mathematically impossible to reach the playoffs. It also saves a few bob to wait a few months, as KR’s payoff reduces.

There’s simply too much other stuff going on, off the pitch at the moment. It‘s a distraction to those who have to make these decisions.

For the time being the easiest thing to do, is nothing.

Don’t expect anything more than a few loans, plus a couple of younger ‘development‘ type permanent signings.

there was a fans forum where opportunity to air your view, the silence was deafening and i'm still baffled how so many outers are analysing games from presence when they'd said they were not attending.

where's all these protests that some on here were talking of doing,if you want your voice heard then do something about it.

Keep repeating the same stuff for months wont achieve anything, if you think the board are happy to keep him and you believe that's wrong then show them and make them aware.why just put your hands on your head and keep spoutomg the same stuff on here.

The poor other forum members don't need keep reading it, it's boring dull and tiresome and we cannot change things for you.

Don’t read it then. Simple 👍🏼

I bet you a million quid Pompey fans are calling for Cowley’s head etc on social media and
more importantly at fratton park today!!
Checks make of thread.

Robbo out! 🤦‍♂️

I bet you a million quid Pompey fans are calling for Cowley’s head etc on social media and more importantly at fratton park today!!

I'm not sure that's true. I have seen the PASHUN of our fans on many occasions over the years. Despite the fact that we play our home games in an unfinished breeze block wind tunnel, miles away from anywhere apart from a sewerage works, we have generated some decent atmospheres there. But everything is stale now. We've clearly got nothing to play for this season and we've got no direction on the football side of things. There is little reason for anyone to get excited, unfortunately.

The club dropped an enormous bollock with how they treated the Ultras though. They are a big miss.

You think making a player one of our very highest earners is a justifiable decision when he played approximately 90mins of football for us? Taking into consideration the club were fully aware of his injury and other possible issues beforehand?
Not saying it’s justified, but ALL transfers occur before any player kicks a football for us. You’d argue that Murphys pedigree alone justifies us signing him. Look at the transfer fees paid for him and the age he is, he should be coming up to his prime. 30 odd games in the prem and over 100 in the championship…

You are probably not wrong there. The lack of atmosphere and lack of anger at Robinson comes from our ageing fan base, we have struggled to get many teens, twenties and early thirties (the people who bring some passion) to follow us for a while now, it’s just not much of a day out for the expense so they don’t bother in any number, leaves a very quiet and sterile experience.

Where that leaves the club in the future is anyone’s guess as we will have a big drop off in support numbers at some point as a big chunk of our fanbase gets to old to attend but with no real numbers behind them with the habit of attending regularly.

Have to hope the new ground attracts lots of new younger fans to an improved day out else it will be a worrying time.

I'm not sure that's true. I have seen the PASHUN of our fans on many occasions over the years. Despite the fact that we play our home games in an unfinished breeze block wind tunnel, miles away from anywhere apart from a sewerage works, we have generated some decent atmospheres there. But everything is stale now. We've clearly got nothing to play for this season and we've got no direction on the football side of things. There is little reason for anyone to get excited, unfortunately.

The club dropped an enormous bollock with how they treated the Ultras though. They are a big miss.

Today was like a funeral at the ground.

Normally I come away angry at that but it’s just depressing & sad.

How anybody could support the current incumbent and his team of merry men is beyond me.

We are so far short of where we should be, not based on opinion but based on the budget Robinson has been afforded and above all else, the time he’s had to build.

This hasn’t been a flash in the pan ‘Watford’ style process, he’s into his FIFTH season for goodness sake.

The squad imbalances, excuses and down right apathy needs to change sharpish. I’m sick of Robinson and frankly, the majority of this squad of misfits and crocks.

A penny for Jodi Jones’s thoughts…

Great to see Murphy ‘the best player in the league’s’ input when he came on today - looked potent 🖕🏼.

Robinson and frankly, the Board are stinking the place out. Change is needed.

NB: less than 8,000 home fans on New Years Day…apathy is afoot!

How anybody could support the current incumbent and his team of merry men is beyond me.

We are so far short of where we should be, not based on opinion but based on the budget Robinson has been afforded and above all else, the time he’s had to build.

This hasn’t been a flash in the pan ‘Watford’ style process, he’s into his FIFTH season for goodness sake.

The squad imbalances, excuses and down right apathy needs to change sharpish. I’m sick of Robinson and frankly, the majority of this squad of misfits and crocks.

A penny for Jodi Jones’s thoughts…

Great to see Murphy ‘the best player in the league’s’ input when he came on today - looked potent 🖕🏼.

Robinson and frankly, the Board are stinking the place out. Change is needed.

NB: less than 8,000 home fans on New Years Day…apathy is afoot!

Time
Time to go
Time to goooooo
f**k off

The top 10 longest-standing EFL and Premier League managers

Simon Weaver Harrogate Town 13 years, 224 days From Tier 6 to the football league
Gareth Ainsworth Wycombe Wanderers 10 years, 98 days Two promotions, including into the Championship. League 2 Manager of the Year
John Coleman Accrington Stanley 8 years, 104 days Promotion from League 2 in this spell, previous spell with three further promotions. Local Legend
Jürgen Klopp Liverpool 7 years, 84 days Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, World Club Cup, Super Cup
Pep Guardiola Manchester City 6 years, 183 days 4 x Premier League, 4 x League Cup, FA Cup
Mark Robins Coventry City 5 years, 300 days 2 x promotions, including from League 1 to Championship
Karl Robinson Oxford United 4 years, 284 days Absolute f*ck all. Literally nothing!
Thomas Frank Brentford 4 years, 76 days Got Brentford miraculously into the Premier and is keeping them there handsomely
Brendan Rodgers Leicester City 3 years, 308 days FA Cup
Matt Gray Sutton United 3 years, 244 days Promotion from National League for first time in the club's history

Why must we settle for underachievement for so long?
Get. Him. Out!

Put me on the spot there, scout.

Brown,
Long,
Um.

Then there's Moore (who can't concentrate for 90 seconds), Brannagan (who loses the plot for spells) and em Finlay (you just can't tell, can you?).

You're not wrong. 5 was optimistic.
I'll give you McGuane as well.

Today was like a funeral at the ground.

Normally I come away angry at that but it’s just depressing & sad.

Yeah the atmosphere was non-existent today. My point though, is that we have been very capable of generating good atmospheres at home in the past, despite the terrible match day experience (location, facilities etc). But that was when we felt like we had something to play for. If I didn't have a season ticket, I don't think I'd be rushing to buy a ticket for Ipswich on the 21st.

I don't think our fanbase is any more or less passionate than the majority of the 92, but fans need to feel like they have something to play for. The glory of getting promoted, or the triumph of avoiding relegation. Not ineffective football that will see us finish 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom