Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like KR but so many bad decisions recently I doubt the financial backers will stand for this much longer. I really wanted us to show signs of previous 3 or 4 seasons, but we seem miles away. Maybe KR could be DOF with a new manager?
Are you seriously suggesting the club make KARL ROBINSON director of football?!?

f*****g hell!!

Whilst Karl keeps referencing ‘protecting his players’ a question has occurred to me..

Who’s he protecting the players from? 🤣

I really hope not. Robbo is not Kemp, Talbot etc. He's absolutely flunked it but he cares hugely and has given us some good times.

I hope he leaves with a thanks and best wishes.
The protest banner could say ‘Thank you Karl, but I think it’s time’

We'll have had a number of our key players back in the squad and a chance to judge our true ability.
Those players aren’t good enough. It was already looking poor when we had Moore and Taylor in the team (Bristol away). Murphy looked awful too. Who else other than Baldock is there to come in to strengthen the team?

We didn’t recruit right in the last few transfer windows so this is why we are where we are.

I just hope we can get to January by keeping out of the relegation zone and hopefully strengthen then.

Unfortunately most fans have lost trust in Karl, and it’s been his own stubbornness that’s caused this demise.

No, but if this forum isn’t for talking about the ups and downs of Oxford United football club what is it for?
There used to be a thread on here talking about cars. There is also one on here where pensioners give us their hot take on everything that's wrong with the country. Sometimes Ryan gives us an update from the chip shop too... I try and fit conversations about Oxford around these types of important thread.

There used to be a thread on here talking about cars. There is also one on here where pensioners give us their hot take on everything that's wrong with the country. Sometimes Ryan gives us an update from the chip shop too... I try and fit conversations about Oxford around these types of important thread.
Wheeler dealers thread maybe? Mike Brewer is local now for the latest series.

I've waited until I posted about yesterday. Just to see if I was any less cross. But I'm not. That was the worst performance since the Wigan 0-7. And there are many parallels. Chaotic summer recruitment. Lack of pace. Lack of physicality (Bate? really?). Square pegs in round holes. No structure. I could go on. And all 100% to do with the manager. Time to go, KR.

It speaks volumes when we have to rely on a 36 year old man, to not only be our best player on the pitch against a poor team, but to actually score for us.

Mous has hardly played in the last couple of seasons, and whenever he’s called upon, he performs. He’s a model professional!

We’ve been saying for a while now that he shouldn’t be included in the squad, but our recruitment has been that bad, that he’s now an important cog in our team.

For me that’s a crying shame, because the money that’s been given to the manager to strengthen, and fill spaces for players that departed has been squandered.

Whilst Karl keeps referencing ‘protecting his players’ a question has occurred to me..

Who’s he protecting the players from? 🤣
Disingenuous, disgraceful, interview - insulting to us fans. He reached a new low.

His twitter makes interesting reading, from his time at Charlton. #happykarl.
Claims he should've been given the England job after Big Sam sacked.
One January, he quotes as saying he was pleased "the month of no signings identified by me" - aka Jamie Hanson scenario??
"It took a grand in a Brown envelop, but never mind, well done the ref #happykarl Refs want more in London compared to Milton Keynes
As manager of Charlton, makes derogatory comments in his feed regarding the wife of the Club Secretary, after she had gone public about the fans attitude towards something.
You realise that account is a parody not actually Karl?

And who’s protecting the players from him?!?
Interesting point on RadOx phone in highlighting that with KR keep signalling the injured players as his holy grail, those players currently having to play could feel undermined and demotivated as KR effectively says they aren't good enough.
He certain doesn't seem to be getting the best out of those available.

Give him until Christmas. See where we are and assess the situation from there.

Could be too late, we could be in the bottom 4 with our fixtures coming up in October and November, we then would struggle to get any decent manager in as he wouldn't have time to work with the team and plan recruitment in January.

Give him until Christmas. See where we are and assess the situation from there.
Disagree.

If the board are serious about their ambitions for the club, then they need to replace him now, before he does any more damage.

It’s imperative they don’t let him squander any more of their money in January, and bring in someone who actually knows how to build strong and balanced squads, otherwise in a time when we were harbouring hopes of promotion and a new stadium, we could find ourselves falling into league two, staring into the abyss.

Serious question - does anyone actually think that calling for Robinson to be given the bullet has any influence on the decision of the board?

I appreciate it's cathartic, but do people actually believe that typing a list of obvious failings (over and over again in some cases) will actually spur on his dismissal?
What should we do then, type about how happy we are with everything, and how we have endless faith in our manager, who’s doing a great job?

Do you really think anything written on a fans forum has any bearing on anything at boardroom level? I highly doubt it, but it’s a forum for fans to voice their thoughts and opinions about our club.

Of course we all wish the tone was more positive right now, but under the current management and back room team, we’re in decline, and have been slowly but surely slipping into the s**t since January, with a chance to correct things over the summer, but we didn’t, and now we’re knee deep in the s**t, and sinking fast.

The board need to realise this, quickly, and stop the rot by changing the whole management, coaching and recruitment system at the club, and if they’re incapable of realising this without the aid of a fans forum, then we really are in trouble.

Injuries, some unfortunate, some you could of predicted combined with a squad that seems to have been put together with not a lot of thought, no real plan has left us with a squad that you are going to struggle to get a coherent first eleven from on the rare occasions when everyone is fit, let alone the normal situation of a few players out. Add in Robinson has fallen out with a couple of his own recent signings thus giving us a tiny squad and you have the recipe for the s**t show that has been the start to our season.

Good points, I mean, to end the transfer window 3 players light from an EFL squad cap of 22 is just so poor. Chuck in the issues going on with Jones and O.Smith and we're down to 17. Take out the 5 injuries and it's 12 players, bar goalies, loans and the under 21s.

No wonder we're struggling and that is down to recruitment and nothing else.

You realise that account is a parody not actually Karl?
Big Sam got sacked for insinuating that he could arrange things to happen.
Karl telling the internet he bribed an official......I know MK aren't England but you'd think someone would notice ;-)

If the board are serious about their ambitions for the club, then they need to replace him
Tend to agree - we may be able to judge the expectation for this season by their actions in the next few weeks.

People seem to be overlooking the main issues that KR has failed to address. He has in the main done a very good job, but he has failed to address key areas of weakness. Those things are holding us back and causing us to repeat our failures.
  • Poor starts to season (happens every year…why?)
  • Lack of steel in the midfield
  • Injury prone players
  • Poor goalkeepers
  • Lack of good cover in defensive positions
I have supported KR until now but am becoming increasingly convinced that we are just going to keep repeating the same mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom