Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idly reading stuff on the club website and thought this quite ironic. It's taken from "Tiger's Notes For MK Dons" as featured in the match day programme. Yes, we all know that it is written by Chris Williams but, it does have Tiger's name on the by-line.

"I know that football is not about ‘what might happen’ but I do think our fans can see the enormous effort that our players and staff are putting into every game. People are working so hard; we are sticking together and we will continue to do that. We are eight games into the season with two home games now. Win those and we have 16 points from 10 games. I know we can do that, so let’s make that our aim."

Last edited:
Idly reading stuff on the club website and thought this quite ironic. It's taken from "Tiger's Notes For MK Dons" as featured in the match day programme. Yes, we all know that it is written by Chris Williams but, it does have Tiger's name on the by-line.

"I know that football is not about ‘what might happen’ but I do think our fans can see the enormous effort that our players and staff are putting into every game. People are working so hard; we are sticking together and we will continue to do that. We are eight games into the season with two home games now. Win those and we have 16 points from 10 games. I know we can do that, so let’s make that our aim."

Is Tiger chairman in name only? we keep being told others now have more clout
Who would make the decision to sack KR if the time comes

Both Cardiff and Hartlepool have sacked their managers today. It can be done and does happen.
That's what gets me about this club, these two other clubs can see that it is clearly not working, and a change is needed. Oxford will dither, give him another couple of months to mess up, then the board appear and say something nice about the new ground, what a good job kr is doing, do a disappearing act and kr rubs his hands wondering what else he can mess up.

Is Tiger chairman in name only? we keep being told others now have more clout
Who would make the decision to sack KR if the time comes
The Board of Directors would make that decision. They would also decide who would inform KR of that decision.

Karl is in attendance at the women's game apparently. So clearly the board/owners haven't had a discussion as of yet.

The owners/board silence on anything to do with the day to day running of the club does imply they aren't too worried about going up and Karl will be safe unless we were relegated. I know the stadium is their ultimate goal but it can't be good buisness losing all the momentum of last season in crowd numbers and general feel about the club in the community.

I've supported Karl for years even from the nightmare of the Luton defeat at home back in 2018 where he could've easily gone that night. But the way we are now is a culmination of poor signings, failure to fill much needed positions and now questionable team selections really puts him in a precarious place. We are in a worse position that what we were back then which just defies believe considering the squad available at the end of last season despite losing McNally. The summer should have been an easy build on what we already had.

When managers resort to desperate measures such as playing center backs as left attacking wingers, you know something has gone badly wrong. We've been saying for years about the lack of strikers and now it's come back to bite us hard. Robbo even ironically proved our case because we were scoring 3 goals a game with two up front last season and he still failed to bring in at least two more established strikers in the summer.

The biggest failure of all is the wasted budget - we will probably never have the luxury of spending money at this rate ever again and most clubs would bite our hands of to have such funds made available yet we've blown it spectacularly and the worst thing is, it's gonna cost a rate just to get players off the books or let them burn through out wage bill under contract. The Jodie Jones saga is needs answering for starters.

I do like the man and think he's done an incredible job for us. He can get us playing great football and challenging for promotion but the bubble has burst and whether that's down to his failings or the club fumbling with its recruitment strategy, who knows but if he was to go, there would be a few grounds as to why. The striker saga for me is one that will hang for a long time.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, ifs and buts, facts and non facts, I can't see his tenure continuing. This is because I think he may well leave under the 'mutual agreement' umbrella term. The cumulative effects of all of the factors, well documented on here and including loads of conjecture, must be having a massive impact upon his mental health.
Having heard him speak in recent interviews he sounds dejected and dispirited, maybe even depressed. He has said 'I can take it', I'm not so sure. I would hate to think of him, and his family, suffering as a consequence of this complex and seemingly intractable situation and for that reason I would urge him to put himself first and do what's right for him and his family.

None of us are immune to criticism, excessive responsibility and demand. For him this is not 'just a job' and those who attack the role he has and the ways in which he has functioned within it, need to remember that he is a fallible individual, just like the rest of us.
Don’t worry, just like all egomaniacs, his impenetrable ego will protect him.

I know the stadium is their ultimate goal but it can't be good buisness losing all the momentum of last season in crowd numbers and general feel about the club in the community.

I was involved in a lot of threads last year to encourage increased numbers at games, so I'm as frustrated as anyone that nothing was done to build on this over the summer and into this season.

But there's too many variables to put attendance figures on the manager, results or performance. Our attendance through August and September this season is on a par with where they were last August/September. Generally we have fewer numbers during the early weeks of the season for whatever reason. We also have the increased cost of living pressures, particularly on families, and we've yet to have any particularly attractive games that grab the attention of occasionally fans. Of course, not winning and not playing well doesn't help, but the impact of that has been fairly minimal so far.

As for the general feel about the club in the community, I'm not so sure that's an issue. There are those frustrated by Robinson, transfer issues and a few grumbles about ownership. But I don't get the feeling that there's a groundswell of discontent against the club from fans, let alone the wider community.

I've supported Karl for years even from the nightmare of the Luton defeat at home back in 2018 where he could've easily gone that night. But the way we are now is a culmination of poor signings, failure to fill much needed positions and now questionable team selections really puts him in a precarious place. We are in a worse position that what we were back then which just defies believe considering the squad available at the end of last season despite losing McNally. The summer should have been an easy build on what we already had.

When managers resort to desperate measures such as playing center backs as left attacking wingers, you know something has gone badly wrong. We've been saying for years about the lack of strikers and now it's come back to bite us hard. Robbo even ironically proved our case because we were scoring 3 goals a game with two up front last season and he still failed to bring in at least two more established strikers in the summer.

The biggest failure of all is the wasted budget - we will probably never have the luxury of spending money at this rate ever again and most clubs would bite our hands of to have such funds made available yet we've blown it spectacularly and the worst thing is, it's gonna cost a rate just to get players off the books or let them burn through out wage bill under contract. The Jodie Jones saga is needs answering for starters.

I do like the man and think he's done an incredible job for us. He can get us playing great football and challenging for promotion but the bubble has burst and whether that's down to his failings or the club fumbling with its recruitment strategy, who knows but if he was to go, there would be a few grounds as to why. The striker saga for me is one that will hang for a long time.
That’s funny, to me it’s the full back saga

But I don't get the feeling that there's a groundswell of discontent against the club from fans, let alone the wider community.
Anecdotal, I know, but there aren't that many around me in the East stand who are anything but completely fed up with KR, and rather worried about the lack of sensible communications from the club.

Last edited:
I was involved in a lot of threads last year to encourage increased numbers at games, so I'm as frustrated as anyone that nothing was done to build on this over the summer and into this season.

But there's too many variables to put attendance figures on the manager, results or performance. Our attendance through August and September this season is on a par with where they were last August/September. Generally we have fewer numbers during the early weeks of the season for whatever reason. We also have the increased cost of living pressures, particularly on families, and we've yet to have any particularly attractive games that grab the attention of occasionally fans. Of course, not winning and not playing well doesn't help, but the impact of that has been fairly minimal so far.

As for the general feel about the club in the community, I'm not so sure that's an issue. There are those frustrated by Robinson, transfer issues and a few grumbles about ownership. But I don't get the feeling that there's a groundswell of discontent against the club from fans, let alone the wider community.
Well I for one used to look forward to Saturday/Tuesday games now it feels like a Chor I go because I've paid for the season otherwise I probably wouldn't go not because I can't afford to buy it's actually quite boring but that's just me

Anecdotal, I know, but there aren't that many around me in the East stand who are anything but completely fed up with KR, and rather worried about the lack of sensible communications from the club.
I agree, and that was felt around me too. But I dont get the feeling that this translates into negativity within the community and damaging PR in regard to the stadium bid, which is what was implied.

I've said previously that the board need to be decisive and either get rid of Robinson now or offer the old vote of confidence.

The Board of Directors would make that decision. They would also decide who would inform KR of that decision.
Not being funny Manor but who exactly would that be?
Are you telling me they sort out what they want and then get say Niall Mc W to inform KR?
Then what ,who would interview the new manager?
These are worrying times and someone needs to front up here from the Board
As I have said many times before I’m grateful that they are at the club for what hey have done and the millions they have pumped in but now is the time for one of those Board Members to step up

Neatly put.

What’s rather sad that out of the train wreck of the Clotet experiment, KR slowly but surely built something quite good here. 2018-19 was a struggle until the final weeks yet 2019-20 was shaping up to be a thriller before COVID hit. It’s been a decline since then but gradual enough for us to remain involved in playoff chases so many fans have been kept on side.

However if he was to leave now, we’d be in a very similar position to when Clotet left. ‘The model’ waylaid in favour of foreign gambles, favours to injury prone players and a load of players no longer good enough for what this club wants to achieve. It would be a sad end to time here but it’s of his own making.

Last edited:
Anindya Bakrie looks like he’s ready to pull the trigger. One can hope!

Attachments

• E89A9B48-237E-49C1-9CEC-5EF83D246BCF.jpeg
    E89A9B48-237E-49C1-9CEC-5EF83D246BCF.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom