Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should we do then, type about how happy we are with everything, and how we have endless faith in our manager, who’s doing a great job?
People are free to do whatever they want - my choice was to retire to the Red Lion and nurse several pints of Timothy Taylor until closing time.

I guess when I got home and saw the same points trotted out again, the despair hit me. Have your say by all means, but frequent repetition does not make a basis for interesting discussion....

What should we do then, type about how happy we are with everything, and how we have endless faith in our manager, who’s doing a great job?

Do you really think anything written on a fans forum has any bearing on anything at boardroom level? I highly doubt it, but it’s a forum for fans to voice their thoughts and opinions about our club.

Of course we all wish the tone was more positive right now, but under the current management and back room team, we’re in decline, and have been slowly but surely slipping into the s**t since January, with a chance to correct things over the summer, but we didn’t, and now we’re knee deep in the s**t, and sinking fast.

The board need to realise this, quickly, and stop the rot by changing the whole management, coaching and recruitment system at the club, and if they’re incapable of realising this without the aid of a fans forum, then we really are in trouble.
Really don't think it's fair to say the whole management team are at fault
We don't know what's going on behind the scenes and staff members can hardly come out and talk publicly about things they're not happy about

People are free to do whatever they want - my choice was to retire to the Red Lion and nurse several pints of Timothy Taylor until closing time.

I guess when I got home and saw the same points trotted out again, the despair hit me. Have your say by all means, but frequent repetition does not make a basis for interesting discussion....
I get your point, it does get a bit repetitive, from both sides of the positive/negative spectrum, but feelings are rife and pretty strained right now, and like yourself and someone else mentioned, it’s probably a bit cathartic and therapeutic to get things off our chests, even if it is a bit repetitive, so we keep going round and round in circles!

Nice choice of tipple by the way, love Timmy Taylor 😉🍻

It will all come out in the wash one day, but you have to ask yourselves why didn't none of the first & second choice targets for all positions ,want to sign for us?
Considering it was the biggest budget ever & the targets were sounded out last season. Something drastically went wrong, that's why we've ended up with cast offs & crocks.So don't be surprised why where we're at.

Really don't think it's fair to say the whole management team are at fault
We don't know what's going on behind the scenes and staff members can hardly come out and talk publicly about things they're not happy about
That’s the problem though, KR has surrounded himself with “yes” people, and pretty much answers to no one.

His ego is out of control, and I get the feeling that nobody has the guts to question his methods, as they know they’d be out of a job if they did, and as a result, behind the scenes KR is God at OUFC and all the players, management, coaching, medical and recruitment staff pretty much all sing from his hymn sheet.

He’s pulling all the strings, and has positioned himself into such a position of absolute power and control, you get the feeling he’ll be very difficult to remove, without some sort of collective mutiny, as even the board seem to be dancing to his tune as well.

The longer he’s here, and the longer this shambles goes on, the more damage he’s gonna cause, and the more chance there is for this “exciting future” bubble to burst.

He needs to be put in his place, and I pray the board find a backbone soon, show some teeth, and bite the bullet.

It speaks volumes when we have to rely on a 36 year old man, to not only be our best player on the pitch against a poor team, but to actually score for us.

Mous has hardly played in the last couple of seasons, and whenever he’s called upon, he performs. He’s a model professional!

We’ve been saying for a while now that he shouldn’t be included in the squad, but our recruitment has been that bad, that he’s now an important cog in our team.

For me that’s a crying shame, because the money that’s been given to the manager to strengthen, and fill spaces for players that departed has been squandered.
Maybe Mous should take over now… before KR shows him everything to do wrong

There used to be a thread on here talking about cars. There is also one on here where pensioners give us their hot take on everything that's wrong with the country. Sometimes Ryan gives us an update from the chip shop too... I try and fit conversations about Oxford around these types of important thread.
Pensioners? It’s not *only* pensioners who are into Brexit, if that’s the thread you mean, though obvs it mainly is.

It will all come out in the wash one day, but you have to ask yourselves why didn't none of the first & second choice targets for all positions ,want to sign for us?
Considering it was the biggest budget ever & the targets were sounded out last season. Something drastically went wrong, that's why we've ended up with cast offs & crocks.So don't be surprised why where we're at.
You’ve stopped pretending to be an old boy now and are some kind of ITK?

Not quite sure if you’re talking about Robbi or YF :)

I like KR but so many bad decisions recently I doubt the financial backers will stand for this much longer. I really wanted us to show signs of previous 3 or 4 seasons, but we seem miles away. Maybe KR could be DOF with a new manager?
Now that’s the most terrifying thing I’ve read in a long time!

That means diddly he brought in people with injuries or injury prone so who’s fault?
The four injured players will come back but won’t be match fit. Who knows, they could quite easily breakdown again. Would that be unlucky? No, it’s bad management. We needed a squad of players that were available for selection, not a bunch of hospital cases.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, ifs and buts, facts and non facts, I can't see his tenure continuing. This is because I think he may well leave under the 'mutual agreement' umbrella term. The cumulative effects of all of the factors, well documented on here and including loads of conjecture, must be having a massive impact upon his mental health.
Having heard him speak in recent interviews he sounds dejected and dispirited, maybe even depressed. He has said 'I can take it', I'm not so sure. I would hate to think of him, and his family, suffering as a consequence of this complex and seemingly intractable situation and for that reason I would urge him to put himself first and do what's right for him and his family.

None of us are immune to criticism, excessive responsibility and demand. For him this is not 'just a job' and those who attack the role he has and the ways in which he has functioned within it, need to remember that he is a fallible individual, just like the rest of us.

None of us are immune to criticism, excessive responsibility and demand. For him this is not 'just a job' and those who attack the role he has and the ways in which he has functioned within it, need to remember that he is a fallible individual, just like the rest of us.

Spot on.

That being the case then even more reason for him to step back and accept his fallibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom