Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s needs to be put in front of the firing man pronto. Get him out of here!!

Sick of him.

Agree. I don't think KR is awful, but he's just not good enough for where we want to go. Listening to him burbling away in interviews, I get the impression he's far happier whinging about 'lack of resource' and so on, rather than having to deliver. He's got his level- his next stop will be somewhere like Northampton imo.
I do think he's awful, but I agree with the overall sentiment - we've seen multiple failures and regular, extremely poor runs of form under his tenure.

By and large the fan base has stuck with him and he's avoided significant pressure. Now it's time for him to go. It is only now that we can truly understand the MK Dons and Charlton fans who were warning us about him when he first came on board.

He seems to leave every fanbase relieved.

We need a new club to swoop in and "steal" him.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if he were to lose his job either just before or just after playing Charlton!

I was hoping he’d turn it around, but the last 3 windows have not been great or moved us forward. He didn’t address the striker issue last summer (lucky that Taylor stayed fit until January, then still didn’t really address it), then again he didn’t strengthen in January when we had a chance to push on, and lastly this Summer)!

He seems to be too nice/blinded by certain players which takes his focus off the ball, literally!

Karl continued to pick up these has beens who were generally coming back from serious/long term injuries, and I think this approach will ultimately cost him his job.

There’s been too many of them; Hall, Browne, Winnall, Thorne, Holmes, Hanson, (though he didn’t really want him!), Baldock, Wildschut (this one was really unlucky though) plus many more.

I don’t actually understand what KR is getting at most of the time. Does he turn in to Mr Riddlepants every time a camera 🎥 or 🎙 mic is in his face….or does he speak like that to his players too!?….I’m not sure his thought process is sound if I’m honest.

List of managers currently without a club that are reasonably well known within English football. IF Robbo leaves I think we would look for a manager that has League One promotion(s) on their CV, however I also think our board would be tempted to lure a high profile name as well, the wages will be there for either option.

List for discussion purposes!

Darren Ferguson
Aitor Karanka
Roberto Di Matteo
Martin O'Neill
Roy Keane
Phillip Cocu
Michael O'Neill
Mick McCarthy
Tony Pulis
Garry Monk
Brian McDermott
Lee Bowyer
Graham Alexander
Paul Lambert
Nigel Adkins
Sam Allardyce

There are higher profile names of course but probably out of our reach.

To get us out of League One, Darren Ferguson stands out.

List of managers currently without a club that are reasonably well known within English football. IF Robbo leaves I think we would look for a manager that has League One promotion(s) on their CV, however I also think our board would be tempted to lure a high profile name as well, the wages will be there for either option.

Darren Ferguson
Aitor Karanka
Roberto Di Matteo
Martin O'Neill
Roy Keane
Phillip Cocu
Michael O'Neill
Mick McCarthy
Tony Pulis
Garry Monk
Brian McDermott
Lee Bowyer
Graham Alexander
Paul Lambert
Nigel Adkins
Sam Allardyce

I wouldn't go anywhere near Lambert,Adkins, McCarthy,Allardyce , McDermott
I wouldn't mind someone young abit like the guy Ipswich appointed instead of a name

I wouldn't mind someone young abit like the guy Ipswich appointed instead of a name
I think we have the funds to recruit a well performing young manager from another club, I hope that would be a possibility.

I think we have the funds to recruit a well performing young manager from another club, I hope that would be a possibility.
A manager I wouldn't mind seeing is whing I know he's only doing it at Banbury but he's doing a very good job

• React
Reactions: QR

Michael Carrick is a highly rated coach.

But I see he’s been linked with the Huddersfield job today.

Darren Ferguson
Aitor Karanka
Roberto Di Matteo
Martin O'Neill
Roy Keane
Phillip Cocu
Michael O'Neill
Mick McCarthy
Tony Pulis
Garry Monk
Brian McDermott
Lee Bowyer
Graham Alexander
Paul Lambert
Nigel Adkins
Sam Allardyce

None of them would come here, and I wouldn't want the majority here either. Maybe Monk or Bowyer at the most.

We need to go down the path of finding a good young coach and putting a solid backroom staff around them, maybe but not essentially with a DoF. Complete clean sweep of the management team and a complete shake-up of structures within the club. May take a while to get up to speed but we're going nowhere under KR this season anyway, so now would be ideal.

None of them would come here, and I wouldn't want the majority here either. Maybe Monk or Bowyer at the most.

We need to go down the path of finding a good young coach and putting a solid backroom staff around them, maybe but not essentially with a DoF. Complete clean sweep of the management team and a complete shake-up of structures within the club. May take a while to get up to speed but we're going nowhere under KR this season anyway, so now would be ideal.
Totally agree!

But would they work with a DoF......
I actually think most young managers would as this is the successful model at a lot of clubs and they might also be thankful for the assistance/sensible challenge that an experienced DoF could bring.

Two words - Kristaps Grebis.

Retired in 2018 from a long career spanning a huge number of clubs. Finger on the pulse of many under-seen leagues and clubs. The guy is basically sitting on a potential goldmine of talent.

International experience? He's got it. Domestic experience? Uhhhh, Latvian Higher League, Latvian Cup winner and Baltic League Champion. Over 100 goals at club level.

Now is the time to tap into new talent. Now is the time to go full Grebis.

But would they work with a DoF......
the thing there is that any decent manager would say "who is the DoF?". It is an important relationship, and a manager having an unsuitable DoF appointed above them would be in trouble (in many ways). If you were a decent manager would you take the risk on the unknown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom