Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular view no doubt.

We’ve been here before - see November 2020 and October 2018 when matters were much worse table wise , and things improved significantly thereafter. We’re mid September now.

We’re missing two highly rated wingers, our two main strikers and our on field captain. Through injury.

As I’ve said I’m not giving up the ghost on the manager or the team. Especially after Tuesdays game against one of the strongest teams in the division. It’s far too early.

Don’t think we’re as far away as some people think. Although he’s made some dumb mistakes in the transfer market Robinson deserves more patience; his overall record with us is pretty robust.

I think our defence is stronger than it was but the new keeper needs a go, Eastwood is no longer good enough. My point is it’s not beyond repair.

We also have decent young players coming through - first time in years. We should be seeing more of them.

COYY

Unpopular view no doubt.

We’ve been here before - see November 2020 and October 2018 when matters were much worse table wise , and things improved significantly thereafter. We’re mid September now.

We’re missing two highly rated wingers, our two main strikers and our on field captain. Through injury.

As I’ve said I’m not giving up the ghost on the manager or the team. Especially after Tuesdays game against one of the strongest teams in the division. It’s far too early.

Don’t think we’re as far away as some people think. Although he’s made some dumb mistakes in the transfer market Robinson deserves more patience; his overall record with us is pretty robust.

I think our defence is stronger than it was but the new keeper needs a go, Eastwood is no longer good enough. My point is it’s not beyond repair.

We also have decent young players coming through - first time in years. We should be seeing more of them.

COYY

Where do you think we will realistically finish?

I’d be stunned if we are near the top 10.

12th to 16th I think.

Unpopular view no doubt.

COYY
Entitled to your opinion, of course but, can you not agree that KR has had ample opportunity to get things right?

He has had window after window to bring in players and yet, somehow, misses out on one player after another. He is now in the ludicrous situation of not even being able to name a 22 man squad!

A successful side will be a great help to the new stadium proposal at Stratfield Brake, being seen as a great addition to the area. A poor season will work against the proposal. Remember there are District elections in May 2023 and the balance of power could well change on CDC.

Rather than considering the dinosaurs mentioned, I'd be looking at hungry no.2's (no not that kind), in the mould of Potter, Critchley, McKenna etc.

Massively disappointed the Fleetwood game is postponed.

That could of been the tipping point for the board, extra pressure on KR this Saturday is good. Let’s see how he reacts to it!

Darren Ferguson
Tony Pulis yes not a pleasant person and his style is somewhat different, but as long as it get us out of Lge 1 I’m happy.

Roy Keane would be an interesting appointment.

Mark Bonner at Cambridge would be my number 1 choice.

Massively disappointed the Fleetwood game is postponed.

That could of been the tipping point for the board, extra pressure on KR this Saturday is good. Let’s see how he reacts to it!

Darren Ferguson
Tony Pulis yes not a pleasant person and his style is somewhat different, but as long as it get us out of Lge 1 I’m happy.

Roy Keane would be an interesting appointment.

Mark Bonner at Cambridge would be my number 1 choice.
What about Wharburton

We'd have the same problem we have with Karl, a man who wants to control everything and won't accept a DoF
But he’s a good manager and hopefully if the did relieve KR of his duties they would already would have thought of getting in a DOF as a matter of priority and that would have to be accepted by a new manager.

Unpopular view no doubt.

COYY
“There are none so blind as those who will not see.”

Unpopular view no doubt.

COYY
Your first point is delusional, your second point is spot on, your third point how much more patience. And how much more robust habe other managers been who have been reliev d of their duties? A hell of a lot

List of managers currently without a club that are reasonably well known within English football. IF Robbo leaves I think we would look for a manager that has League One promotion(s) on their CV, however I also think our board would be tempted to lure a high profile name as well, the wages will be there for either option.

List for discussion purposes!

Darren Ferguson
Aitor Karanka
Roberto Di Matteo
Martin O'Neill
Roy Keane
Phillip Cocu
Michael O'Neill
Mick McCarthy
Tony Pulis
Garry Monk
Brian McDermott
Lee Bowyer
Graham Alexander
Paul Lambert
Nigel Adkins
Sam Allardyce

There are higher profile names of course but probably out of our reach.

To get us out of League One, Darren Ferguson stands out.
You could add Duncan Ferguson to that list.
Simon Rusks & Andrew Crofts will be worth seeing how things go for him.

Unpopular view no doubt.

COYY
This is very similar to my view.
I also believe we will be in and around the top 6 come the end of the season too.

It’s not great at the moment but like PRB ha said, we aren’t a million miles away.

No one has absolutely battered us yet. When we lose then it’s by the odd goal. I’d be more worried if we were losing 3 or 4 nil every week.

The players we have out injured are all starters IMO so I think Robinson should be judged once he has his best team available. That will be around end of October/November time.

Robinson spoke yesterday about how he enjoyed listening to Anderson say he wants to put roots down in the city and raise his kids here. He said something about it all adding to his long term project at the club. He spoke with the confidence of someone who knows he still has a long term future at the club.

And, to be honest, who else at the club with any real power bothers to say anything to the fan base about their ambitions anyway?

This thread is pointless.
Not if it gets the boards attention, as to how fans feel about how poorly kr is doing in his job.

Unpopular view no doubt.

COYY
….and Jesus wept. Bring on the Groundhog....groundhog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom