Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, with the owners we have (exactly who they are I'm not really sure anyone actually knows), there is not going to be any departure for KR, he's here for the rest of the season, at least.

I'd prefer him gone, now, but the way the club is run, it's really not looking good from the top down, including what's happening on the pitch.

Lead by example.

It’s a complete change of coaches that’s needed. I see no evidence that Short is coaching our players to defend. An experienced number two was needed but Short seems to be in awe of Robinson.
I suspect Eastwood was preferable to Steven’s because he’s Wayne Brown’s business partner. Brown has turned two decent goalkeepers into images of us own abilities as a keeper. McGinty now looks shaky too.
Mous is probably learning his trade as a trainee coach from the wrong people.
Remember the team of Ashton and Appleton? Each knew his role and they were stronger together.

It’s a complete change of coaches that’s needed. I see no evidence that Short is coaching our players to defend. An experienced number two was needed but Short seems to be in awe of Robinson.
I suspect Eastwood was preferable to Steven’s because he’s Wayne Brown’s business partner. Brown has turned two decent goalkeepers into images of us own abilities as a keeper. McGinty now looks shaky too.
Mous is probably learning his trade as a trainee coach from the wrong people.
Remember the team of Ashton and Appleton? Each knew his role and they were stronger together.
spot on, short needs to go too. I remember when Brown had to play for us as we had no other goalie at the time, he was the worst goalie I've ever seen us play.

Joking aside - on what basis would that make sense to Huddersfield - over about 11 years, he has 1 L1 promotion and 1 Championship relegation - hardly the glowing CV of a Manager to drive a Championship Club towards promotion to the Premiership.
It’s always interesting seeing where ex managers end up. I just can’t see Robinson managing in the Championship or better with us or anyone else, certainly not in the next 3 seasons anyway. 1 promotion to the Championship, followed by relegation back in 12ish years of management isn’t exactly a stand out CV. He’s also had stability behind the scenes, and a chance to build at 2 of the 3 clubs he’s been at.

We’ve had the biggest playing budget the club has ever had, and we still ave 3 squad places unfilled.

At the start of the season I wasn’t thinking it’s promotion or bust, as there are still a few teams with bigger budgets and there is always the potential for a surprise package. But we look a million miles off a play off challenging team, and that’s not good enough.

I just think he is an average div 1 manager and we need better. If I were the board I’d be tempted to replace him now, give someone the chance to properly assess the squad before the January window.

Proofs in the pudding. Our management, coaching staff and recruitment team have served us up a steaming dog s**t pudding with s**t sauce and a sprinkle of s**t.

We want to be a top 30 club? Time for major changes.

If Clotet can manage in the Championship there's hope for us all yet...
Ah Clotet!

He was pushed after our 1:2 home defeat to bottom club Bury (what happened to them?). We were 10th in the table P29 W10 D8 L11 Pt38. When Robinson took over after our 2:1 win against Peterborough (Henry and Dickie scored, Dickie's first goal us) we were 15th. P36 W12 D9 L15 Pt38.

We've had some really memorable games in the past four plus years under Robbo and gone very close to securing promotion (Henry Wembley 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😭) but we are still 15th and we don't have a squad that looks capable of getting us up. So for me it's, thanks for the ride Karl, you've been given a fair crack of the whip but have repeated the same mistakes (with appalling transfer windows being the worse) and not succeed in your objective. Time for a fresh start. And sooner rather than later to have any chance of salvaging the season.

Last edited:
I just want to add that the fans at OUFC have been superb and very patient in my opinion. Fans have started to lose interest and that's the very worst position. We have lost our fizz.
Agree. I don't think KR is awful, but he's just not good enough for where we want to go. Listening to him burbling away in interviews, I get the impression he's far happier whinging about 'lack of resource' and so on, rather than having to deliver. He's got his level- his next stop will be somewhere like Northampton imo.

Agree. I don't think KR is awful, but he's just not good enough for where we want to go. Listening to him burbling away in interviews, I get the impression he's far happier whinging about 'lack of resource' and so on, rather than having to deliver. He's got his level- his next stop will be somewhere like Northampton imo.
You don't know how true that is...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom