Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, according to a Plymouth supporter I know he claims they did exactly the opposite deciding to invest in rebuild their old stand ahead of investment in the team. He says there was a lot of disgruntlement at the time but there was a financial logic in only investigating in the team once you had a stadium to hold the increased number of fans you hoped to attract. Time will tell if they've got this right. I'm not saying this is what we are trying to do but it shows the cart doesn't have to come before the horse. Or the other way around 🤔.

Can't compare building a stand at a ground you own to building a new stadium with facilities around it. One has little return and takes years to see a return ,the other mega bucks can be earned from the start.

The boardroom is the key factor. I have a notion that things may well happen to change the low visibility of the directors.
Indeed - I think it's already started with the appointment of Grant Ferguson (think that's his name) taking an active role and being the Board's eyes/ears on day to day matters. I think he should go by the handle 'Agent Ferguson' from this point forward.

Robinson spoke yesterday about how he enjoyed listening to Anderson say he wants to put roots down in the city and raise his kids here. He said something about it all adding to his long term project at the club. He spoke with the confidence of someone who knows he still has a long term future at the club.

And, to be honest, who else at the club with any real power bothers to say anything to the fan base about their ambitions anyway?

This thread is pointless.
With respect your post is largely untrue. He only has a long term future if we're challenging, and we're way off this season. The board do not invest so heavily into our playing budget to sit around midtable going nowhere this season.

This was a make or break season for KR after many years and windows of not getting it quite right. He has squandered the biggest playing budget in OUFC history, we have looked unconvincing against poor sides and have a run of top sides to play against. I'm calling them top sides despite us spending more than the majority of them. KR has to get the results on the board soon or they will be considering their options. There are other managers available who have promotions from League One and similar to our playing budget, we will have a strong wage budget available for a new manager which we can attract big names with...

Hate to say your sheikness but if Oxford utd are to become a too 30 club hinging on a new stadium then that could be a very long time especially if we are looking to move into a new stadium by 2026, there is no way we will be a top 30 club in 3 years if ever at all.
We need the board to come out an say exactly what they want.
Promotion within two years is what Bakri said in his televised interview this is the 2nd year.
Even you can’t say this transfer window has been good tbh I don’t even think it’s been mediocre.
There a lot on here now who were pro KR but not many left.
This has been a shambles and hopefully the board will ask questions if he KR can handle a too 6 or is it top 4 budget with what we’ve got in this window.
Sorry Baz

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that I think it could be described in any way as good. I haven't said anything of the sort and won't because that would be madness to describe the clusterfuck of a window as such! I did keep my counsel during much of the window, so maybe you mistook my relative silence for approval 🤷‍♂️

The squad was unbalanced last year, it is so much worse this year. KR seems to be addicted to gambling on "fallen" players who were good once and might come right again with a fair wind and a bit of luck. It simply hasn't worked in this window so far. It might come good, but I would suggest the odds are stacked against and it will probably be too late if and when it does.

We've also seen out Irish/Centreback talent conveyor belt break down for the first time in a number of seasons. We got used to it, but now it doesn't work and the reasons for this are many. Other clubs got wise to it, copied it and enhanced it, therefore becoming more attractive options. And maybe word has got out that OUFC and Karl Robinson is not the big draw it was once portrayed as and possibly following a couple of significant "failures" in Joel Cooper and (arguably) Mark Sykes who may not have left on the best terms. Put those together and maybe people are now steering clear in favour of clubs with less baggage/history . . I don't know, just a theory:unsure:

I also think the KR having such an apparent free reign on player recruitment is neither healthy for the club or for him as Head Coach/Manager. The owners/Directors need to put a proper management structure in place and put us on a more professional footing in that regard, where there are checks and balances and a proper transfer recruitment policy and a system/style of play that we recruit to, rather than (as seems to be the case this year) our strategy seemingly changing, based on who Robbo could convince to come here.

The recruitment looks confused, the playing model we're using does not seem to suit the players we have available, but I am not sure there is a model that would suit those we do have available at present, so here we are, just one month into the season and we're already having to "make do and mend".

I have no doubt that KR loves the club, loves the community it is in and is very passionate about making it a success and a force for good beyond simply what happens on the pitch. But he needs to admit he needs help and if he can't do that, then I fear where this will end up.

Robinson spoke yesterday about how he enjoyed listening to Anderson say he wants to put roots down in the city and raise his kids here. He said something about it all adding to his long term project at the club. He spoke with the confidence of someone who knows he still has a long term future at the club.

And, to be honest, who else at the club with any real power bothers to say anything to the fan base about their ambitions anyway?

This thread is pointless.

The same Anderson who was given a one year deal.

The same Anderson who was given a one year deal.

Now now. He's probably gots loads of other skills & qualifications that will ensure he can reside in Oxford after he's stopped playing for us.

With respect your post is largely untrue. He only has a long term future if we're challenging, and we're way off this season. The board do not invest so heavily into our playing budget to sit around midtable going nowhere this season.

This was a make or break season for KR after many years and windows of not getting it quite right. He has squandered the biggest playing budget in OUFC history, we have looked unconvincing against poor sides and have a run of top sides to play against. I'm calling them top sides despite us spending more than the majority of them. KR has to get the results on the board soon or they will be considering their options. There are other managers available who have promotions from League One and similar to our playing budget, we will have a strong wage budget available for a new manager which we can attract big names with...
But surely that’s your opinion not the owners. Who knows what their opinion of Robinson and the current situation is?

Huddersfield fan on Twitter saying they should try and get Robinson or the MK Dons manager :ROFLMAO:
Joking aside - on what basis would that make sense to Huddersfield - over about 11 years, he has 1 L1 promotion and 1 Championship relegation - hardly the glowing CV of a Manager to drive a Championship Club towards promotion to the Premiership.

KR would have his pants pulled down in the championship tactically opposing managers would take the P**s out of him TBF he struggles in league one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom