55 Minute Fans Forum

Garbutt? Really? I know he’s improved in last few games, but I’d have Sinclair and Graham a head of him

I'd have Garbutt over Graham in a heartbeat.
I'd take Graham ahead of Garbutt, despite Garbutt playing okay in the last handful of matches.

Still not too sure about Sinclair, but even if we did manage to get him back we still definitely need a new main centre forward.

Graham obviously has talent but it the last few games this hasn’t been apparent nor has effort, spirit, dedication, crossing ability, ability to win tackles, he’s been playing like a man who wouldn’t be here next season and has been winding down for the summer break, sorry others may disagree but that’s what I’ve seen

If I have to watch Graham beating the same man 3 times before losing the ball again......
He has talent, somewhere but, his end product is inconsistent at best. Sorry, but I think we have seen the best he has to offer in his present state.
Maybe, just maybe, someone will find a way to bring back the abilities that saw him get a move to championship level but not us. We can spend more efficiently.
I had doubts about Garbutt but he has shown improvement and some flashes of real ability. The difference between the game at Brentford and the last two games has been very noticeable. The possible partnership of Brannagan and Garbutt looks promising. With Hanson and the likelihood of Kashi returning, we will have the basis for a decent midfield. (always room for improvement though!)

A heartening set of responses in general.
Bit concerned about number 17. I hope that our manager is soon made fully aware of who actually owns OUFC! Then we might be told as well.

Personally I hope it turns out to be Thohrir. Tiger seems to be the weakest of the crew.

The notes at the top of this thread are helpful but I would encourage people to listen to the whole hour on listen-again if they get the chance.

The discussion provided some valuable insights (albeit again somewhat outside of KR’s remit on occasion which of course isn’t his fault) but there was also nuance and context which can’t be easily interpreted without listening to the audio.

Certainly worth anyone on here taking the time to listen to the whole thing rather than relying purely on the interpretations of others.

I wouldn't. Garbutt is improving with every game. We can do better than Sinclair and I'm not convinced Jordan Graham is the player we hoped he would be.
Most were saying how good Graham was playing and what a difference he had made to the team (after a couple of games getting up to speed) people appear to have forgotten this spell. This seemed to be up until the time that he scored the goal of the month... he then had 2 or 3 disappointing games and was then dropped totally....

Garbutt had many terrible games at the beginning of the season, but then had some ok, and a few good games at the end, so yes, improved.

FWIW I listened to this later in the evening, and thought Robinson did well - and I am saying that as someone who doesn't really rate him. He managed to resist being over the top most of the time and tactfully fielded questions that were well outside what he should be expected to handle. He's certainly toned it down since the start of the season and comes across all the better for it. From my interpretation of what he said, he is as unsure of the machinations in the boardroom as the rest of us and didn't seem to know any more about stadiums, extra 'investment' etc, but did confirm the playing budget for next year will be less that this. I'm unsure how that squares with the 'Championship in two years' stuff was was being said, but twas ever thus!

Most were saying how good Graham was playing and what a difference he had made to the team (after a couple of games getting up to speed) people appear to have forgotten this spell. This seemed to be up until the time that he scored the goal of the month... he then had 2 or 3 disappointing games and was then dropped totally....
His form has dropped right off and he's seemed disinterested. Pretty sure he knows he'll be elsewhere next season. With regard to Garbutt, his form has clearly improved since he moved to a more advanced role. He was very poor at left back but even played better in that position vs Shrewsbury. Probably a result of a good run of games and improving confidence.

Just listened this morning. Agree with others that he spoke well and gave more considered answers.

He knows this club inside and out now. He knows exactly what youth we have coming through and what we need to compete next year to achieve top six.

Dare I say it, I have faith in him achieving his goal.

Just listened this morning. Agree with others that he spoke well and gave more considered answers.

He knows this club inside and out now. He knows exactly what youth we have coming through and what we need to compete next year to achieve top six.
To be fair to Tiger on the 5 minute forum last week, I was impressed how he rattled off the names of all our most promising youngsters. Pleased the owners are taking a real interest in the youth set up.

Back
Top Bottom