Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s an interesting take!

I’m late 50’s and in some ways a bit of a traditionalist, especially things like etiquette. Two of my children have black partners and I get on fantastically well with both, so no 1950’s style race debate to be had! One of my other children’s best friend is transgender - stays regularly and someone who’s company I enjoy immensely. A couple of my mates are gay - that’s that subject put to bed too. Not sounding too 1950’s so far is it? And about as far removed from this baldy guy as possible I’d say.

Vote Tory. I’m a royalist, a churchgoer and believe in capitalism and enterprise. If I read newspapers (I don’t) it’d be the Daily Mail or Telegraph. I’d say I was extremely adaptable to 21st century situations, while at the same time maintaining a lot of traditional values. But hey! You don’t know me so to you I’m that 1950’s dad! We need to get back to talking football!

It sounds like a cracking set up for a sit-com, I'll give you that 😉.

Billy Hamilton. Felt like we had signed a proper international. We had! Although when we signed Aldridge I remember punching the air and thinking, 'Yes, this boy scores for fun'.
God how I wish we could unearth a couple of gems like these! Scoring for fun with Newport iirc?

Wrexham’s revenue for 2022 was £5.97million when they were in the conference, since then they have been promoted and their lowest attendance in the league this season was 9771 and since they have got their temp stand behind the goal, they don’t get less than 12000 at home games.
They get millions from tik tok and Disney for their documentary.

So while we aim to be a top 30 club, we have a long way to go until we get there with our limited income streams while Wrexham have basically won the lottery and can outbid teams in league 1 for players.

Wrexham took 7,000 to Blackburn on Monday night for their FA Cup defeat too.

That’s an interesting take!

I’m late 50’s and in some ways a bit of a traditionalist, especially things like etiquette. Two of my children have black partners and I get on fantastically well with both, so no 1950’s style race debate to be had! One of my other children’s best friend is transgender - stays regularly and someone who’s company I enjoy immensely. A couple of my mates are gay - that’s that subject put to bed too. Not sounding too 1950’s so far is it? And about as far removed from this baldy guy as possible I’d say.

Vote Tory. I’m a royalist, a churchgoer and believe in capitalism and enterprise. If I read newspapers (I don’t) it’d be the Daily Mail or Telegraph. I’d say I was extremely adaptable to 21st century situations, while at the same time maintaining a lot of traditional values. But hey! You don’t know me so to you I’m that 1950’s dad! We need to get back to talking football!

It sounds like a cracking set up for a sit-com, I'll give you that 😉.
Could be Richard Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances or Gerry from The Good Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom