Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s still essential for some Premier league clubs to stay within the FFP rules too.

I don’t understand this mentality that a new stadium is somehow going to magically end any form of financial pressure and the way we have to operate as a relatively small club.
The new stadium will make a massive difference. There have been lots of explanations of this ( Colin Barson did a detailed explanation at one stage)

So if they have Ryan Reynolds' money (with Hollywood's attention) and Robbie Williams wants to do the same with Port Vale - who should we be looking at? Thom Yorke? Kaleb Cooper?
Perhaps their affections will fade and they'll be back to square one.
Good shout - Kaleb's got the Camels.

The new stadium will make a massive difference. There have been lots of explanations of this ( Colin Barson did a detailed explanation at one stage)

I think his point is that we will still be selling club, which is right. Brentford sold players on the way up, you just get more money for them, doesn't mean you can't prosper as selling club either.

Slightly off piste to the transfer thread but…

It’d be really useful if it was explained to us just how the stadium will be financed.
Many people seem to be overlooking this rather vital detail and instead, are fixated more on a tiny pressure group that is fronted by a moron.

I’m sure The Triangle (if built) will not be a £100m+ gift from the owners, so how are the club going to be expected to repay it? Also, what protections will the club have to ensure they are the beneficiaries of all match day revenues?

Without both points being agreed, in the favour of OUFC, I can see a situation where we will be hamstrung financially, again.

The devil is in the detail.

Slightly off piste to the transfer thread but…

It’d be really useful if it was explained to us just how the stadium will be financed.
Many people seem to be overlooking this rather vital detail and instead, are fixated more on a tiny pressure group that is fronted by a moron.

I’m sure The Triangle (if built) will not be a £100m+ gift from the owners, so how are the club going to be expected to repay it? Also, what protections will the club have to ensure they are the beneficiaries of all match day revenues?

Without both points being agreed, in the favour of OUFC, I can see a situation where we will be hamstrung financially, again.

The devil is in the detail.
Yes me too. I have raised this before on here. Others on here have said hotels, etc.

So Dale not confirmed yet and Marriot looks to be going to Wrexham.

I have a feeling this might end up like last January, hugely disappointing. we are in sloppy seconds territory
I would honestly take sloppy seconds. Have a feeling it's going to be Jonte Smith zone.

Marriott had medical at Wrexham. Must be a big wage to go there.
Maybe a surprise marquee signing on his way to Oxford.

We still need 3-4 in imho, squad is still threadbare, 1 more decent striker, another wide man, holding midfielder and maybe another goalie…. Will it happen though?

What's the most excited we've ever been about a new signing?
Hugh Curran returns?
Dean Windass?
Raponi & Cominelli?

We aren’t a top 30 club, don’t know why people keep saying that. Where would we get the money for all the players people want? We get 8K at home to the league leaders and don’t own our ground.
Based on the owners saying that they wanted us to become a top 30 Club. Wanting to become and being are of course completely different things. Shows their ambition though but a bit of patience required!

Nixon did mention that wages were still to be agreed, so maybe that was a stumbling block? After paying fees for Goodwin and Dale, and still having a few hefty wages on our books, the club probably judged that Marriott wasn’t worth the financial risk.

Wrexham however are paying over the odds to bring in lower league journeymen in the hopes to rapidly rise up the divisions.
That’s Hollywood for you!

Based on the owners saying that they wanted us to become a top 30 Club. Wanting to become and being are of course completely different things. Shows their ambition though but a bit of patience required!
And none of the top 30 stuff happens before the new stadium is signed, sealed and delivered, because none of it makes sense without it!

I'm not sure why anyone thought the "top 30 club" bit would come first without that being sorted 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom