Transfer News January 2022/23 Transfer Window preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

BristolOx

Apologies as it's a bit early. Keep hearing that the January transfer window is going to be a crazy one for top level clubs and it made me wonder whether that would trickle down to our level in some form or another.
Maybe we'd actually be able to sign a full squad of players?? 👀👀

This article can be summed up in a line - the World Cup is the main cause and means clubs are able to shop around whilst there are no games in preparation for the window.

Doesn't need to turn into another thread debating the suitability of the current manager, there's plenty of other threads for that.
We have a top 6 budget. We cannot go without 2 fullbacks and a striker. Another midfielder is probably required also. I'd like a new goalkeeper (even though I think that's unlikely) and I'd like some sign that we haven't abandoned the model of searching for hidden young talents.

We can't afford to have another transfer window like the summer. At least I can't, I think that would probably be the end of my sanity!

giphy.gif

Please remember that this is a World Cup year so we might miss out on a couple of our key targets.

However, I'm sure that we'll blow other teams away by being ultra aggressive and getting our business done early.

Mark my words, this will be a special window!

Its too early to be mentioning tedious Christmas, never mind this! Still I’m sure Karl has got some targets in mind.

Please remember that this is a World Cup year so we might miss out on a couple of our key targets.

However, I'm sure that we'll blow other teams away by being ultra aggressive and getting our business done early.

Mark my words, this will be a special window!
Nice one, you’ll come good on your predictions one day.

Can we expect Smozdics, Cadden, Thompson, Morton or Scarlett this time? 😉

On a serious note, I just hope we get a few players over the line at the start of the window, we need reinforcements so badly and cannot wait another month until the end of Jan. Let’s also hope we have someone in charge who can actually attract quality fit players and not deter them!

Can there be some sort of forum forfeit for the (mis)use of the word aggressive..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom