Transfer News January 2022/23 Transfer Window preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never played at full back while alive, but I reckon we can coach him to play both left back and right back.

“Anyone can play at full back Jerome, being dead doesn’t change that”

• React
Reactions: MJB
Sean McGurk, a possible loan signing if we can shift Jodi Jones out.

Just adds to the weirdness of the Jones signing, long trial, finally sign him just after the first game of the season then he gets twenty minutes of game time over half a season despite finally being fit for the first time in years and us having spells with no fit players in positions he plays. Then we have to shift him out to sign some one in the position he (doesn’t) play in.

Absolute waste of a signing and money.

Just adds to the weirdness of the Jones signing, long trial, finally sign him just after the first game of the season then he gets twenty minutes of game time over half a season despite finally being fit for the first time in years and us having spells with no fit players in positions he plays. Then we have to shift him out to sign some one in the position he (doesn’t) play in.

Won't have done the lad's confidence any good either. Will we ever get to know what has really happened, I wonder?

Mad really
Smyth and Jones's wages since their loans were pulled in the last window have been completely wasted

From the Off The Line Blog

Joe Redmond (St Patrick’s Athletic – transfer)

Name a more iconic duo at this point than Oxford United and players from the Irish leagues. They have shown a readiness to try and sign from Irish waters, and another player that I can see making the switch across to the League One side during January is Joe Redmond.

Redmond was named in the divisional Team of the Year in the League of Ireland, after an impressive season for St Patrick’s Athletic, and is another player that has a bright future ahead of him. Oxford United have a good track record for developing centre-backs having done so with Luke McNally and Rob Dickie, and with the record United have of fishing in the Irish leagues to strengthen, I think that Joe Redmond would be a really smart signing and someone that would be a super addition.

A cool and composed defender, he has the confidence to play it out from the back and has the mobility to cover the backline too. A former Birmingham City player, he only signed for the club earlier in 2022, and I think that while his time in Ireland may well be brief, he has been really good and would give Robinson an improved backline.

Correct.

Let’s hope it’s not true but there’s no smoke without fire with a lot of the rumours on here in recent months. 8 years of outstanding service to our club & without him we could’ve fount ourselves in an awful spot financially. He & his always changing freelance scouts have provided some gems for Appleton, Clotet & Robinson to coach & manage.

Ugh!

Seriously?

With Jodi Jones, I can only assume him playing himself into the team is a risk KR is unwilling to take for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom