Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liking the links to Byers we won’t land him but he’s exactly the sort of midfielder we need.

• React
Reactions: GRB
So if they have Ryan Reynolds' money (with Hollywood's attention) and Robbie Williams wants to do the same with Port Vale - who should we be looking at? Thom Yorke? Kaleb Cooper?
Perhaps their affections will fade and they'll be back to square one.
Don’t we already have billionaire owners?

The new stadium will make a massive difference. There have been lots of explanations of this ( Colin Barson did a detailed explanation at one stage)

Indeed, @holdsteady clarified what I was trying to say.

But, without getting drawn into the finances and the previous explanations, I think people can be forgiven for still feeling uneasy about how the funding is being covered, given that our owners (if I recall correctly) would be seeking outside funding rather than using their own funds.

I don't want to get drawn into that debate again, because someone will no doubt tell me I am being stupid and point me to CB previous detailed explanation, but sourcing £100+ mil externally comes with the liability to repay capital and interest. If someone can convince me that income from the corporate side of using a little 16,000 seater stadium will be sufficient to cover that cost, whilst OUFC have minimal outlay whilst also enjoying all matchday revenues/advertising etc, all well and good.

Anyway, back on topic. Hoping for a fun day today :)

And none of the top 30 stuff happens before the new stadium is signed, sealed and delivered, because none of it makes sense without it!

I'm not sure why anyone thought the "top 30 club" bit would come first without that being sorted 🤷‍♂️
Me neither. It’s February now. Any sign of a planning application?

but nowhere near the global media attention, paul mullin has become one if, if not the most recognizable name in the EFL
The only real, viable option for global media attention would be Richard Branson and Virgin. 'Virgin Triangle Stadium' anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom