Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This have we signed a player or haven't we is seriously getting on my nerves now to the degree of an anti climax
There's been little to no leaks from the club all transfer window and for this one the leaks have come from the Cheltenham side. Imo the club shouldn't change how they've been operating just because information is coming out via the other party.

Much too good for L2. In spells he was the best player to wear the shirt for us last year, including at MK to haul us out the gutter in the second half. I'd have him back here in a heartbeat to rotate with our midfielders and that doesn't mean to say you forego the obvious need for a more defensive midfielder, but Bate would add fantastic depth for us. Real shame he's had to drop a level below where he ought to be as a minimum by now.
Respectfully disagree. L2 is his level.

I must admit, the communication about Will Goodwin has been appalling, if we’ve signed him, release a statement.
If we’ve signed someone else too, then great, but at least drop us a few tantalising crumbs.
Appalling?! What, the appalling lack of information about nothing to announce…..?
Perhaps those claiming to be in the know aren’t as in the know as some thought or perhaps there just isn’t anything to announce yet?
Take a breath…

I don’t think Bate stops us from falling apart when Brannagan isn’t on the field. He’s a McGuane replacement.
I’ve said before if we could get rid of McEachran & replace him with Bate that’s a vast upgrade (in that position) Bate wouldn’t be the replacement I would want for McGuane a different type of player

Perfect scenario would be McGuane Brannagan + Bate (replace McEachran) & DCM to come in.

Like I said previously, its Cheltenham's call first, maybe they want to announce a signing coinciding with the Goodwin departure.
Exactly.

I heard that Charlton actually offered more than us but wanted to announce it straight away, whereas we agreed that Cheltenham could dictate when the announcement was even once the contract is signed and he's our player and nothing to do with Cheltenham.

Exactly.

I heard that Charlton actually offered more than us but wanted to announce it straight away, whereas we agreed that Cheltenham could dictate when the announcement was even once the contract is signed and he's our player and nothing to do with Cheltenham.
Christ on a bike! Where did you 'hear' that? Really? :rolleyes:

In the recent Dub, when asked by Ben Purkiss about the recent defeat to the cobblers, Des said he will change things around to surprise them. So withholding the signing may be a tactic with tomorrow's formation in mind. Just a wild uninformed guess

In the recent Dub, when asked by Ben Purkiss about the recent defeat to the cobblers, Des said he will change things around to surprise them. So withholding the signing may be a tactic with tomorrow's formation in mind. Just a wild uninformed guess
James Henry at wing-back.

Very sensible decision if not in the squad at the weekend. He's played 49minutes in the last 5 games due to a bit of injury.
No need to throw him in and risk - shows we're learning after the Browne & Edwards cases this season.

Was told that Cheltenham have been a bit slow on the paperwork/agreeing an announcement front, perhaps as they're trying to get a replacement in.

Will be 2pm today though.

Very sensible decision if not in the squad at the weekend. He's played 49minutes in the last 5 games due to a bit of injury.
No need to throw him in and risk - shows we're learning after the Browne & Edwards cases this season.

Was told that Cheltenham have been a bit slow on the paperwork/agreeing an announcement front, perhaps as they're trying to get a replacement in.

Will be 2pm today though.
Perhaps we’re waiting to get a replacement in for the injured new signing as well?

Not trying to be negative but if true what an absolute anti climax to the week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom