Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
500k does seem a lot for Marriott, especially when paid by a club thats losing millions every year, but hey maybe he'll get us promoted...

If there is a deal done for a player, the club may wait to release the manager preview iFollow interview tomorrow until later in the day, and thus after the signing is actually announced.

This was the case under Manning as he talked about a signing within the interview (pretty sure this was when Leigh signed). So that may be something to look out for, but no guarantee.

Don't agree. He's been a class act throughout his career and I think he'd be a great addition.

I doubt for one minute we'd be paying £500K.

JCH is available cheaper than that. Some clubs trying it on with £200k, £250k etc so I'm told.
According to Darragh McAnthony clubs are trying it on and he has already turned down 250,300 and 400k.

Marriot is 5'8" so will not offer a physical presence, would like him as an experience goascorerc( average 1 in 3l ) but £300,000 tops

Not convinced by Marriott for anything over £150k. I’d rather us spend the money elsewhere. The winger from Chesterfield would be interesting as would Stokes though I hear championship clubs are looking at him as they will loan him back.

Also on comments made on Murphy-he was our main threat in many games this season. I would keep him as I think he has pace and lots to offer!

if we do sign Marriott can we please remember that it’s not the player that decides the transfer fee so let’s not get on his back straight away!
I think Marriott would fit perfectly into how we play and he will score goals. He could be the difference to us making the play offs or not making them.

Marriott has scored 13 League one goals - since March.

Playing for Fleetwood.

He's scored 35% of that terrible sides League goals in that time (and wasn't even fancied by Scott Brown earlier this season).

He's a far better striker than many on this thread are giving him credit for, and I strongly suspect, should we sign him, they'd be some serious egg on faces.

It'll be worth it if he does indeed fire us to promotion. Otherwise not. I realise we have to go for it, but there are a few clubs that seem quite a lot better than us this season, so definitely risky.

I remember most on here didn’t believe it when there was rumoured Championship interest in Sykes, many thought he’d be off to L2. RR already had plenty of admirers and has done enough here to gain more. I’d be very surprised if he is playing League One football next season, but I think we’ll get a sizeable fee.
Stokes always had pace, though.

I guess we’ll see.

Marriott’s two goals for Fleetwood v Blackpool in November - a poachers goal and a quite brilliant left footed drive from 20 yards at the death for a 3-3 draw.

Last edited:
Marriot is 5'8" so will not offer a physical presence, would like him as an experience goascorerc( average 1 in 3l ) but £300,000 tops
Agree. I’d be underwhelmed with him to be honest. He’s 30 this year, yet another small player when we need some physicality, and one who is probably looking for a nice pay day to take him through to a final league club. He also wouldn’t have much resale value or be good enough if we get into the Championship in the next 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom