Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We may be disappointed that Sonny Perkin’s loan hasn’t worked out. However, Cheltenham had SEVEN loan players and SIX of them are going back to their parent clubs. The one who remains is a striker that hasn’t scored for them.

Source NTT20:
Cheltenham bid farewell to six

You've heard of people giving things up in January, how about Cheltenham sending back SIX of their seven loanees? Luciano D'Auria-Henry (Fulham), Oli Hammond (Nottingham Forest), Josh Williams (Birmingham City), Jovan Malcolm (West Bromwich Albion) and Cameron Peupion (Brighton and Hove Albion) have all headed back, as well as Owen Bevan who is back at Bournemouth rehabbing an injury. Who remains? Young forward Nathan Butler-Oyedeji. On loan from Arsenal, he’s yet to score, but will remain at the club for now.

We may be disappointed that Sonny Perkin’s loan hasn’t worked out. However, Cheltenham had SEVEN loan players and SIX of them are going back to their parent clubs. The one who remains is a striker that hasn’t scored for them.

Source NTT20:

You've heard of people giving things up in January, how about Cheltenham sending back SIX of their seven loanees? Luciano D'Auria-Henry (Fulham), Oli Hammond (Nottingham Forest), Josh Williams (Birmingham City), Jovan Malcolm (West Bromwich Albion) and Cameron Peupion (Brighton and Hove Albion) have all headed back, as well as Owen Bevan who is back at Bournemouth rehabbing an injury. Who remains? Young forward Nathan Butler-Oyedeji. On loan from Arsenal, he’s yet to score, but will remain at the club for now.
Wow, they have some work to do to replace six. League 2 is knocking.

Seven loan players didn’t sound like a good idea to begin with. You’d always have two squad members unavailable.

Source NTT20:

And Swindon have had two loanees recalled, who between them have scored 30 goals this season 😮

I wonder why Perkins hasn't gone back, unless he's already gone and it's not been announced?

I wonder why Perkins hasn't gone back, unless he's already gone and it's not been announced?
club might be waiting to include that news in with something more positive, like the new striker announcement?

But still rarely has an end product whether that finding a player in the box or scoring a goal or even hitting the target.
Exactly.
I don’t understand why charging down the wing, head down and hopeful, then (when not running out of room) slinging a cross over with no regard as to where his colleagues are positioned, is considered “creating a good chance”. It is simply lazy. May sometimes look good, but if there is no end product, then it just isn’t. The best wingers we have seen this season beat a man THEN find a team mate with a pass. Murphy rarely does.
Why are people making so many excuses for him?

And Swindon have had two loanees recalled, who between them have scored 30 goals this season 😮
I just checked and hadn't appreciated how many goals Swindon had scored this season. They are one of the top scorers in League 2, only 3 teams have scored more than them.

Unfortunately for them, they also concede a lot and only 2 teams have conceded more. So now they've lost 2 of the highest scorers in the league, you've gotta hope that they'll continue their slide down the table.

They have too many points on the board to go down... unless they fancy getting themselves a points deduction.

I just checked and hadn't appreciated how many goals Swindon had scored this season. They are one of the top scorers in League 2, only 3 teams have scored more than them.

Unfortunately for them, they also concede a lot and only 2 teams have conceded more. So now they've lost 2 of the highest scorers in the league, you've gotta hope that they'll continue their slide down the table.

They have too many points on the board to go down... unless they fancy getting themselves a points deduction.

***🤞🤞 for a large points deduction***

Yes Murphy must go at the end of the season ,Shopido and Baker a couple of seasons back could beat players and score . He really hasn't achieved here at all .

Swindon supporting mate is really worried. They have no money and have just signed a 17 year old Aussie striker to cover those 2.
They are skint and the owner has no clue.

Brighton recall winger Jeremy Sarmeinto from WBA (21 apps 2 gls) and he goes straight to Ipswich on a further loan so Brighton definitely ruthless for the best interest in their players development. He was recalled Jan 1st though so hopefully Beadle won't be going anywhere but depends on the interest in him I guess.

Source NTT20:

All those Cheltenham loanees have barely featured for them, other than one or two of them who have just about managed double figures for appearances, many as subs. I don’t think they are a huge loss in terms of the first team, think the majority have been pretty much like Perkins for us!

All those Cheltenham loanees have barely featured for them, other than one or two of them who have just about managed double figures for appearances, many as subs. I don’t think they are a huge loss in terms of the first team, think the majority have been pretty much like Perkins for us!
I’m not suggesting that they will be a huge loss, just that they obviously wasted their loans. It also means that they will need to integrate another 5/6 new loanees

Brighton recall winger Jeremy Sarmeinto from WBA (21 apps 2 gls) and he goes straight to Ipswich on a further loan so Brighton definitely ruthless for the best interest in their players development. He was recalled Jan 1st though so hopefully Beadle won't be going anywhere but depends on the interest in him I guess.

21 appearances is a bit misleading. He's played 722 minutes, which equates to 8 full games. For comparison, McEachran has played 644 minutes for us this season, which gives an indication of how much of a role Sarmiento has had at WBA so far.

Beadle has played all 25 games for us in the league and Brighton will know he's nailed on to start the remainder of the season here. Hopefully that swings things in our favour as you would think the only reason he's going to leave us is if Brighton know he'll be nailed on to start elsewhere.

Anyone heard the new Hard Truth pod? Sounds like Marriott will be on the way out of Fleetwood this month wanting a move closer to home - we can talk about that for the next few weeks.

Certainly seems like we are after Mellon/Taylor/Young plus Marriott and another name I haven't seen on here yet but 🤷‍♂️. I would like us to be in the mix for Coventry, a good age, played in the Championship, appears to be available on a permanent, plus a style we need in midfield.

Anyone heard the new Hard Truth pod? Sounds like Marriott will be on the way out of Fleetwood this month wanting a move closer to home - we can talk about that for the next few weeks.

Certainly seems like we are after Mellon/Taylor/Young plus Marriott and another name I haven't seen on here yet but 🤷‍♂️. I would like us to be in the mix for Coventry, a good age, played in the Championship, appears to be available on a permanent, plus a style we need in midfield.
Any clues for the other name? Jude Soonsup-Bell? Or what League?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom