Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Customers don’t need to know, why should they? It’s none of their business.

Just buy your ticket, buy a replica shirt and don’t ask awkward questions.
I expect the VIP customers will be told first. Surely you will have seen the notices around the Kassam indicated where the very important customers can enter the stadium and park their cars.

I expect the VIP customers will be told first. Surely you will have seen the notices around the Kassam indicated where the very important customers can enter the stadium and park their cars.

People have to park their own cars? I thought we all got valet parking!

Think he left around the same time LBS leaving was announced. Not sure if there was a connection somewhere there!
It seems it is now becoming obvious who was leaking info to fans and stirring up certain situations.

Maybe that’s why LBS never got the call that he was expecting to get from Des.

Last call for Josh Stokes?
Aldershot's manager said he'll be playing for them til the end of the season regardless of what happens in this window. So if we are signing him, it sounds like it would be a loan back situation. Wouldn't be ideal, but if that's what it takes to get the best non-league prospect since Vardy I'd be for it.

It seems it is now becoming obvious who was leaking info to fans and stirring up certain situations.

Maybe that’s why LBS never got the call that he was expecting to get from Des.
Tbh, if he was leaking things, if it was him. I wouldn’t be surprised. He had a reason to be pissed off with KR that would have made working with him awkward.

This is fast becoming the forum's new 'Eastwood had more to do (and less protection) than Beadle' - a ploy to defend poor contributions.

How many times has the scenario you paint above actually happened? Murphy has electric pace but more often than not he skins his man and then fumbles it into the next one or scuffs the shot/cross. That isn't Rodrigues fault any more than it's Moore's fault that Eastwood can't get down to stop shots from distance.

For comparison, why is it that Mills has had 7 assists this season? And a goal? Surely there are occasions where he's been let down by poor finishing too? That's the life of a winger.

Sometimes you have to make things happen - as evidenced by a kid, playing in defence, making his 1st start of the season yesterday.
The scenario I’ve described has happened multiple times. Murphy has put loads of good crosses in since coming back in the team.

It’s an unarguable fact that, since coming back in, if you actually watch the games, Murphy has been really good. He’s won MOTM awards and was singled out by Des for praise in the media. What was the game where, coming on at halftime, he was given the ball at kickoff and immediately ran at their defence and singlehandedly won a corner? You just have to look with your eyes and see that he’s roasting his defender, getting us on the front foot and generally playing well, despite what the lack of goals and assists might make you think.

This is an entirely separate point from any idea of giving him a new contract, whether he’s paid too much or injured too much. I’m not disputing any of that. But if you sat down and watched every single minute Josh Murphy has played since Des came in, and assessed ‘Was that a good performance or not?’ You’d have to say yes, it was.

The scenario I’ve described has happened multiple times. Murphy has put loads of good crosses in since coming back in the team.

It’s an unarguable fact that, since coming back in, if you actually watch the games, Murphy has been really good. He’s won MOTM awards and was singled out by Des for praise in the media. What was the game where, coming on at halftime, he was given the ball at kickoff and immediately ran at their defence and singlehandedly won a corner? You just have to look with your eyes and see that he’s roasting his defender, getting us on the front foot and generally playing well, despite what the lack of goals and assists might make you think.

This is an entirely separate point from any idea of giving him a new contract, whether he’s paid too much or injured too much. I’m not disputing any of that. But if you sat down and watched every single minute Josh Murphy has played since Des came in, and assessed ‘Was that a good performance or not?’ You’d have to say yes, it was.
But still rarely has an end product whether that’s finding a player in the box or scoring a goal or even hitting the target.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom