Transfer News January 2022/23 Transfer Window preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this confirmed? Was hoping this rumour wasn’t true. Heard about it Tuesday.
If it's not true, then one could be forgiven for thinking that someone at the club had gone on a "fishing" expedition.
Time will tell.

Personally, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see another employee walking away for undisclosed reasons.

If it's not true, then one could be forgiven for thinking that someone at the club had gone on a "fishing" expedition.
Time will tell.

Personally, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see another employee walking away for undisclosed reasons.

Let's not get too carried away though. Like Robinson no one is irreplaceable.

Time will tell.

Both valid points.

Point 1 would make sense as the January window is approaching & the club won’t want leaks.

Point 2 would make sense as Mark wasn’t used to usual capacity this summer even after turning down the director of football job for Pompey.

Given our last few windows I'm not sorry to see the person who heads our recruitment leave. Surprised he's still here for this one, as soon as it was known he's off to another club I would've placed him on gardening leave until the 1st February to protect our targets. Could he save targets for his new club?

Glad we had a shaky second half last night too, wouldn't want anyone to think the squad was complete after an excellent first half.
Your glad we had a shaky second half?

Or a bigger club appealed to him?
The telling thing will be whether he is replaced. You’d assume he has to be but it’ll say a thousand words if he isn’t. If Karl ignores him as is alleged and the board plan to continue their unrelenting support of the manager, there isn’t much point in replacing him. At least not in a hurry.

It presents an opportunity for the board to go in a different direction if they so wish, or implement somebody else around Karl who won’t stand for the problems we’ve been having. Similar to the SK appointment in the academy.

The priority is a productive January whether he’s at work or not.

Time will tell.

You’d like to think TW, GF and/or the owners would seek to find out from an employee in a senior capacity especially, the reasons for them leaving or wanting to leave. If those reasons are valid and proven and can be avoided in the future, you’d hope the club would listen, take notice and learn!

Would be nice the see senior upgraded, he knows a good player.

The telling thing will be whether he is replaced. You’d assume he has to be but it’ll say a thousand words if he isn’t. If Karl ignores him as is alleged and the board plan to continue their unrelenting support of the manager, there isn’t much point in replacing him. At least not in a hurry.

It presents an opportunity for the board to go in a different direction if they so wish, or implement somebody else around Karl who won’t stand for the problems we’ve been having. Similar to the SK appointment in the academy.

The priority is a productive January whether he’s at work or not.
I would hope this is the perfect chance for the new board to really stamp their authority on the club moving forward. Clubs like Brentford and Brighton have really pushed themselves to the next level with committed owners and a clear vision moving forwards. We’ve had recent success with recruitment from the LOI but realistically that was never going to last once bigger clubs started fishing in the same pond, can’t help but feel given the last few transfer windows and the news of MT this is the perfect chance to really set the tone for the way the club moves forward.

League of Ireland.

LOI where we have acquired the following:

McNally, Sykes, Whyte, Cooper, McGinty etc.

He’ll be a big loss.
Should balance that with Cooper, Smyth, Hoban etc.
*sorry I didn't spot you included Cooper

I would hope this is the perfect chance for the new board to really stamp their authority on the club moving forward. Clubs like Brentford and Brighton have really pushed themselves to the next level with committed owners and a clear vision moving forwards. We’ve had recent success with recruitment from the LOI but realistically that was never going to last once bigger clubs started fishing in the same pond, can’t help but feel given the last few transfer windows and the news of MT this is the perfect chance to really set the tone for the way the club moves forward.
It’ll be very interesting. I presume the board would have made a counter offer to keep him, should they see this is a major loss. My guess is they won’t as Karl is at the centre of their plans for the future and if the summer is anything to go by, clearly things broke down between them. So my guess is they’ll wish him well without too much resistance and go a different way.

Plenty of very good recruiters doing great work out there. Question is what Karl wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom