Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

My opinion for what it’s worth - Get rid of a few, Sam Winnall, Dan & Jamie Hanson, all 3 just not good enough, invest in a decent young centre half, a full back on loan maybe as I feel Long & Seddon need competition, our defence simply isn’t good enough and a decent big unit up front maybe on loan from premiership club, Simms would be class, that would seal promotion l, think Cam can do Gorins job as long as we can keep Herbie.

My opinion for what it’s worth - Get rid of a few, Sam Winnall, Dan & Jamie Hanson, all 3 just not good enough, invest in a decent young centre half, a full back on loan maybe as I feel Long & Seddon need competition, our defence simply isn’t good enough and a decent big unit up front maybe on loan from premiership club, Simms would be class, that would seal promotion l, think Cam can do Gorins job as long as we can keep Herbie.
I think its quite hard to get rid of particularly winnall and Hanson due to their wages. It wouldn't be a simple process. If the club really wanted rid of them it would likely have to be a loan where we covered part of the wages?

On the subject of transfers, I see that next season will be starting in July. At last we may actually have got our business done early!!!😂😂

Seriously? Talk about rise tinted glasses.
Under MAPP after 20 games most people on here wanted MAPP out. He had a terrible start culminating in the Cambridge game .

Your absolutely right. I remember being sat next to quite a few around me shouting “just go Appleton” while he stood there on the touch line, but some could actually see what he was trying to do. It’s Appleton we have a lot to be thankful for, because he laid the foundations and he is the reason why we play like we do when we attend home or away games. He brought in players that would play how he wanted to play. You have to ignore the Pep Clotet part between the two managers ie Mapps and KR. KR has just carried that on, and has slowly brought in players that will challenge in Lge 1. When KR goes “if offered a better job, or Dismissed” it’s vitally important we bring someone in that wants to play the same way.

I said at the beginning of the season, if we are top 6 by November then we have every chance to do something special this season. I still believe that, and I like how the owners have set a goal in terms of promotion. It keeps the manager on his toes, and I think that’s great! It means there is no comfort zone, and these owners are extremely serious about what they want for this football club on and off the football pitch.

Last edited:
I see in the news James Norwood had his Suffolk house burgled and his Range rover stolen at the weekend, also states he is training with the u23s and has been transferred listed. Could he be one we bring in and try and get the best out of him again on and off the pitch?

I see in the news James Norwood had his Suffolk house burgled and his Range rover stolen at the weekend, also states he is training with the u23s and has been transferred listed. Could he be one we bring in and try and get the best out of him again on and off the pitch?
He's scored 1 in 3 at League one level so his return is good but he's played twice this season. I don't know if that is due to injury or being down the pecking order but we want to avoid another Winnall.......

and then there is this:

he's also just had a bad weekend - no doubt some Ipswich fans will blame the Oxford players for this

I’d take Norwood even if it just on loan until end of season he really can’t be any worse than where’s winnall (or could he)

He's scored 1 in 3 at League one level so his return is good but he's played twice this season. I don't know if that is due to injury or being down the pecking order but we want to avoid another Winnall.......

and then there is this:

he's also just had a bad weekend - no doubt some Ipswich fans will blame the Oxford players for this

Don't forget he is Matty Taylor's mate. I heard he wanted to come here in the summer but Ipswich were asking too much.

I think it would be well worth the gamble. He has a lot to prove, but most deffo an upgrade on Winnall.

Amazing that Liverpool brought him in on deadline day to lead there frontline, when Fernando Torres went to Chelsea. Talk about a panic buy.

They did gain something out of Luis Suarez though during that same transfer window. Despite his biting incident with Branislav Ivanovic he was a brilliant signing from Netherlands. (Ajax) I think…

In his defence he was pretty decent at holding the ball and as has been said good in the air, but that was when he was fit…which was when. So he must have been released by Newcastle suppose that save him being chopped up and out in a suitcase when things don’t go right for Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom