January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So off to bed........

To dream of a Vaughan/Hylton combo being announced before lunchtime tomorrow. Both make Saturday’s squad -scoring in a impressive 3-0 win - securing our progression up the table to mid table safety and our first away win of the season.

Come on Tiger - throw some of that special green fairy dust around and make an old man happy!!!!

Sleep well...........

Stuff of nightmares......hoping for James and Danny

Got Johnny and Paris!!!!!!!

It's pretty sad if we can't muster the money for 2 strikers. Robinson's policy of one up top puts extra burden on that player, so if our one new signing gets crocked (or is already a crock as per other Robbo signings) we are back to square one with a dwindling number of games to save the season.

That Robinson article last night is typically confusing. There's only 1 target but there's another one waiting but he knows he's not the preferred one.

Very odd thing to say. What kind of motivation is that for target number 2?

KR should really consider being more guarded with some of his comments.

You could buy Kilmarnok for the price of a decent house in oxford. Unfortunately, many seem to overlook a lot of factors that would influence a player when making a decision such as this...

It’s more than football and any footballer with half a brain would think of those things.

Better wages (likely), cheaper living costs (definitely) and arguably better short term footballing prospects. Would I come here? Nah. I love OUFC but I’m thinking from a players perspective.
If you play for Kilmarnock you can live in a posh flat in the west end of Glasgow rather than a Barrett home on the outskirts of boring Bicester

If you play for Kilmarnock you can live in a posh flat in the west end of Glasgow rather than a Barrett home on the outskirts of boring Bicester

But then you have to risk the A77 every day and to be honest I’d feel safer standing on a large hill in the middle of an electrical storm wearing copper wellies, jumping up and down shouting “Odin is a bastard”.

If Bolton come in for Vaughan I’d assume that would gazump us. He wouldn’t have to move house and also still gets to play in Championship...

We need to move quickly and decisively. Get the business done by this afternoon, and relax this evening. Otherwise it would be panic stations, and a potential disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom