January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been covered but on the 5:30 RO bulletin Robinson says he hopes to have a DM midfielder in for the Fleetwood game which will allow Mous to drop back to CB. Why would he want to do that? Mous’ form only really improved once he was moved out of defence and into midfield. If he wanted somebody more experienced than Dickie at CB, surely getting somebody in there would have been more beneficial. If there’s not much money in the kitty then DM isn’t a priority, we have Mous doing fine there and Hanson and Ruffs who can cover. I suspect however the new DM will be Ahmed Kashi who, low and behold, is another of his previous players.

Not sure if this has been covered but on the 5:30 RO bulletin Robinson says he hopes to have a DM midfielder in for the Fleetwood game which will allow Mous to drop back to CB. Why would he want to do that? Mous’ form only really improved once he was moved out of defence and into midfield. If he wanted somebody more experienced than Dickie at CB, surely getting somebody in there would have been more beneficial. If there’s not much money in the kitty then DM isn’t a priority, we have Mous doing fine there and Hanson and Ruffs who can cover. I suspect however the new DM will be Ahmed Kashi who, low and behold, is another of his previous players.
Nelsons on his way then.

• React
Reactions: Ian

Nelson on his way out of the club, or planning to play him as a striker!

What’s the rationale behind moving Mousinho back? Has been one of the best defensive midfielders in the league since moving there.

Only sensible idea would be Nelson is off.

As to who a new DM could be...at this point we can’t even second guess. Wonder if Bryn Morris is a target after Jones moved to Luton

Tbf, in the interview after the Cheltenham game he talked about Mous being tired so another DM would allow him to rest Mous.

Well, if he’s planning on moving Mousinho back to CB, let’s just say at least it’s consistent with what he’s said in the past.

Still weird, though, that our ‘big money’ holding midfielder really does seem to have become a third available right back, to the point that we’re signing another DM while moving our best performer in that role back into defence. Even if Nelson IS going (pure speculation at present), this would be a rather backwards way of filling the gap.

All of these 32-plus ex-Premiership lumps won't be bothered with a club like ours. The only time this has ever worked with even a moderate level of success was when we got David Connolly on loan, who was a class act even at 35 or 36. But such players are few and far between.

2015 - Roofe

In fact I'll go a step further, when was the last time we signed a striker in the January window that was any good?

did roofe come in january? that would cheer me up a tiny bit!

What’s the rationale behind moving Mousinho back? Has been one of the best defensive midfielders in the league since moving there.

Only sensible idea would be Nelson is off.

As to who a new DM could be...at this point we can’t even second guess. Wonder if Bryn Morris is a target after Jones moved to Luton
Ahmed Kashi? Robinson mentioned getting him recently. Only thing is he hasn't played since August...

I am actually this close to a dirty protest in Robbos dugout. If this happens, i think tipping point will have been reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom