January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are in big denial and throwing the "negativity" card. The simple fact is its pretty dire and with yet more rambling comments akin to nothing from Robbo this morning that doesnt look like changingvany time soon.

Footballers, the football business is like it’s own community. They talk and I feel in general KR is thought of as a car salesman. Some players buy his bull. But most see through it and I don’t think his reputation is great. I think he is struggling to convince players to join because they can see we’re going down in chaos!

We have Raglan and Mous who can cover at CB.

We have Hanson, Ruffels and Mous who can play Midfield.

Why not put all of our resources into finding and getting a decent forward player. We have been desperate for a good front man since the end of Appleton's era and gone through a number of players who for whatever reason haven't worked - Hemmings, Van Kessell, Ahmeti, Martinez, Obika, Smith & Mackie. Wes Thomas was occasionally good but always injured.

Just get a proven L1 forward !

All of these 32-plus ex-Premiership lumps won't be bothered with a club like ours. The only time this has ever worked with even a moderate level of success was when we got David Connolly on loan, who was a class act even at 35 or 36. But such players are few and far between.

In fact I'll go a step further, when was the last time we signed a striker in the January window that was any good?

It can work out but it’s a gamble, just like signing very young, inexperienced players with little or now actual league football is.
For a club in our dire position and with the financial clout of our board I would expect us to be signing players who are more proven and have been consistent for a time. Perhaps from league 2 or conference. Yeah they’ll cost money but we are going down!!!

Call me Captain Obvious but if Nelson is going wouldnt it be better to sign a new centre back than move Mous back there?
Exactly the point I was trying to make.
Keep things simple. Mous is playing well at DM, keep him there and let him concentrate on that, not keep him thinking he might be CB one week and DM the next. It can’t help a player be consistent.

Last edited:
Exactly the point I was trying to make.
Keep things simple. Mous is playing well at DM, keep him there and let him concentrate on that, not keep him thinking he might be CB one week and DM the next. It can’t help a player be consistent.
I would have thought Raglan would have stepped into the CB role of Nelson if Nelson went, it would also mean the Mous could stay at DM but have just read that Raglan is going, WTF is going on

I’ve heard it’s to Cheltenham.

Source? If Raglan goes before we've made a signing then it is clear that the wheels are coming off. We need players in his position right now so offloading one for no reason (not like he's going to go for 1mil, is it?) really makes no sense to me. I'm growing tired of the usual s**t KR is spinning to fill columns in the Oxford Fail...

I would have thought Raglan would have stepped into the CB role of Nelson if Nelson went, it would also mean the Mous could stay at DM but have just read that Raglan is going, WTF is going on
I read the OM article this morning and wasn’t overly worried. Seems like Nelson will be staying and off for a free in the summer. Raglan is a back up at best and the article suggests Mous will be used as a back up in CD should it be required and we are bringing in a first choice CM.
It is a worry that we have no strikers but this was the case a few weeks ago when we were on a good run. Our midfielders have stopped scoring and it has piled the pressure on.

How long will tiger wait before getting rid of kr? Getting rid of Raglan, who is a decent player?
What planet is kr on?
Does tiger not see what damage kr is doing and that we are heading directly for relegation.

Gobbo out now!
I think there’s more to it than you realise. Maybe we are signing another defender, for example

How long will tiger wait before getting rid of kr? Getting rid of Raglan, who is a decent player?
What planet is kr on?
Does tiger not see what damage kr is doing and that we are heading directly for relegation.

Gobbo out now!

Raglan himself could well have asked to leave as he wasn’t getting a chance in the first team, he is 25 after all and needs to be playing.

I think people are being over sensitive here, I rate Raglan but not infront of Nelson and Dickie.

Ive not seen Raglan play for so long I cant tell you either way if he is worth keeping or not.

Probably worth assessing where we stand come the end on January...I dont think us getting upset on here will influence anything.

The recruitment is worry, it looks in-cohesive, lets see if there is a master plan (I hope)

Raglan himself could well have asked to leave as he wasn’t getting a chance in the first team, he is 25 after all and needs to be playing.

I think people are being over sensitive here, I rate Raglan but not infront of Nelson and Dickie.
But if Nelson goes there will be a vacancy for a CB and in recent games with mistakes Dickie has made maybe not so much or indeed in front of Raglan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom