January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will a new striker really help us unless robinson changes his formation? With one up front we are reliant on our midfielders grabbing the goals. Henry emphathises this. He scored loads on our unbeaten run. His shooting has been terrible the past 3 or 4 matches ive seen when we have lost.

To be honest guys I don't trust or believe much of anything KR sayas and I' currently in the same mind about Tiger (if he says anything at all). We can twist ourselves round and round trying to understand what the situation is at the club. The fact is we don't know and have no one credible from within the club communicating with us. all we can say is from the outside it looks a shambles. I just hope behind the scenes it isn't.

As for a young lad from City being the answer or not who knows. What I do think is its an awful lot of pressure to put on a player like this. I wouldn't mind us taking him on but as unification said it should be for the U23's or to loan out unless or to use as a 4th choice striker.

Reading Robinsons comments this morning has, i think, shed some light on the transfer situation.

I actually dont think Robbo has much of a say in who comes in or not. Regarding Tshimanga, Robbo mentions he wanted him in the summer and had him on trial. This has also been the case with Maynard and Ranger.

Hes mentioned how he hopes to get a good report on him (which im guessing is needed to convince the signing).

Likewise he mentioned Hanson wasnt his signing.

So i wonder who is making the signing decisions.

If he wanted him in the summer, why didn’t he sing him? It’s not like City would have stolen him from under our nose.

I can’t imagine it was financial either. He would have bitten our hand off to sign for peanuts, if he’s willing to play National league South.

Growing tired of the excuses, near misses and promises of who’s coming in. Half the time if he kept quiet and didn’t promise the world, he wouldn’t leave himself open to criticism.

I think broadly the set up is the same, however personnel have changed.

We still have Mark Thomas who is 'Head of Recruitment and Performance Analysis'. Our head scout has obviously left, however doesn't appear to have been replaced? I guess under that we have a network of scouts.

I would think that Thomas does the numbers stuff, highlighting possible targets in specific positions, the scouts go out and get references of personal traits etc before feeding back to KR.

The strange part is that KR is so actively involved (from what we see). Appleton spoke of meeting players for a coffee, seeling the club, vision etc, KR *appears* to be more involved in the finding of players.

In this article (https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/...robinson-and-owner-sumrith-thanakarnjanasuth/) KR talks of a new role between himself and Tiger:

“This person will work on recruitment and a number of different things to bring everything together.

“The person I have in mind is very good at that and he’s someone that knows me and is not frightened to tell me when I’m wrong.

“I think that’s important, because he knows me he has that freedom to argue with me.”

From the first paragraph it sounds like he is suggesting a Director of Football type role, however the traits he later suggests appear to describe Derry (havent checked when Derry was bought in). This then raises...if KR was talking of DoF what has happened? If Derry, does that therefore mean he is more involved with the recruitment?

In the ideal world I would suggest a "Technical Director" role is needed. In the football world today, with increased presence and power of agents, you need a full time head to be securing the right players for the right price. This needs someone who is not only football business savvy but also knows and has contacts in the game. It also needs someone to have a vision/strategy for the club when it comes the set-up and recruitment of players/Staff. I imagine Mark Thomas is very good from a player analysis perspective, however, he is unlikely to be securing a deals or defining a strategy.
Realistically, could we afford an experienced technical director? Probably not. Maybe a an experienced head in a part-time capacity, but will they be committed long term.

Will a new striker really help us unless robinson changes his formation? With one up front we are reliant on our midfielders grabbing the goals. Henry emphathises this. He scored loads on our unbeaten run. His shooting has been terrible the past 3 or 4 matches ive seen when we have lost.
Er yes.
Many many teams play 'One up front
At times we play virtually with three up front where the 2 wide men plus Henry are very close to the striker.
So the right kind of striker could make a big difference, but they have to be able to play that role.

Er yes.
At times we play virtually with three up front where the 2 wide men plus Henry are very close to the striker.
So the right kind of striker could make a big difference, but they have to be able to play that role.
I must have missed those games! :confused:

We should all want to know what the bloody hell is going on at our club - if KR is not choosing players who is? This is a complete farce & indicates that Tiger doesn't know how a football club should be run - I mean an ex school teacher in day to day charge??

Whoever it is appears not to have much of a clue.

Er yes.

Therein lies the problem. There aren't many players that can!

Yeah, we form loose opinions that are utterly pointless and uninformed an matter little after we have seen them play.

You’ve called the club “absolutely clueless” for showing an interest in a player you’ve seemingly never seen play. A bit ironic come to think of it.

C’mon Tats let’s be honest if it hadn’t been for Tshimanga’s hatrick against Tranmere this conversation wouldn’t be happening.

In fact, the usual bunch of Internet hard men were furious when we signed Hylton, saying he wasn’t good enough. And so it continues
Hylton isn’t getting much game time for Luton in L1 where as his goal scoring in L2 was exceptional......just saying

No we couldn’t as tiger said make do,

I said we could have.

As I said earlier the reason I'm sure Tiger said no at the time is because at the time we already were covered for that position on a ratio of 3:1 (ability and goal scoring prowess aside).

Yes. Curtis Nelson from CB is more of a goal threat than Jamie Mackie. Much more confident of a result this weekend with Mackie out.

With Jordan Graham now in, we will create chances closer to goal (which has been the issue all season).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom