Transfer News Jamie Mackie signs!

I wish some people would give Robinson a bit more respect. Do they really think he doesn’t know what he’s doing? That he doesn’t know who he wants to buy? The way he wants to play? Have faith, guys!

Couldn't agree more. Obviously he hasn't come in as a "prolific" goal scorer, as that's not what he is, based on a long career. He clearly has a more diverse role than that. Do people honestly think they know more than KR from looking at Wikipedia for 2 minutes?

Jamie mackie 32 yr old striker whos birthday is in september so we just basically handed a 2 yr deal to a 33 yr old who was on championship wages and want him to play as a lone striker or run about on the wing sat tues sat not impressed at all cant see why we done that

You might have had a valid point, if he was our last signing. He won't be.

Since Mackie from his record is not a prolific goal scorer than Robinson must have another use for him. My own guess is that he will be the hold up man at the front of a 4-2-3-1 formation.

As stated above....
Mackie has played in such a formation. Not as the target man, but on the right of the 3 behind the lone striker.

He's unlikely to be played as the/a main striker, but as someone working incredibly hard behind the front one or two. Putting opposition defenders under pressure, resulting in them making mistakes, and creating opportunities...

You might have had a valid point, if he was our last signing. He won't be.

Yes your right of course he may look to be a good addition to bloster an already decent squad at the end of the window. But at this point with where we are now not so much think we do well to get 1yr out of him.

Are we really saying we are unimpressed with a signing that has made over 250 appearances in the championship and 60 appearances in the prem...what jokers

Mackie will run himself in to the ground forcing errors in the opponents half, he will suit our pressing game perfectly. twin this with pace out wide and you have someone that will be making space/runs for others.

A first team of:

GK: Eastwood
LB: Garbutt
CB: Dickie
CB: Nelson
RB: Mcmahon
CM: Brannagan
CM: Carruthers
AML: Hall
AMC: Henry
AMR: Mackie
ST: Obika

As a starting XI that is looking pretty handy...I know the ST position is ropey and we need to add to the squad but discounting the signing of Mackie as underwhelming is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Are we really saying we are unimpressed with a signing that has made over 250 appearances in the championship and 60 appearances in the prem...what jokers

Mackie will run himself in to the ground forcing errors in the opponents half, he will suit our pressing game perfectly. twin this with pace out wide and you have someone that will be making space/runs for others.

A first team of:

GK: Eastwood
LB: Garbutt
CB: Dickie
CB: Nelson
RB: Mcmahon
CM: Brannagan
CM: Carruthers
AML: Hall
AMC: Henry
AMR: Mackie
ST: Obika

As a starting XI that is looking pretty handy...I know the ST position is ropey and we need to add to the squad but discounting the signing of Mackie as underwhelming is ridiculous.
I think that Mosh is going to replace Dickie @ CB.

Yes your right of course he may look to be a good addition to bloster an already decent squad at the end of the window. But at this point with where we are now not so much think we do well to get 1yr out of him.
IMO you need to have faith in KR, SD, Tiger and Niall McW.

Dickie was the best player on view at Hungerford last night. I would be amazed if he was left out

Dickie being kept out of the limelight of first team friendlies? Because he was so impressive at the end of last season?
Probably a conspiracy theory too far and KR just prefers Mous.

Don’t know enough about him to judge either way but KR and SD are both experienced managers so would have seen something in him that fits their plans. Not prolific but probably/hopefully won’t need to be.

Don’t really buy into the whole much needed experience we lacked last year... did you not see the squad of OAPs from FIFA 1998 that Poop assembled??

Good luck to him! I think weve missed a Hylton style player who harries defences/goalkeepers so hopefully he keeps fit and it works out.

Oh and talking about '20 goal a season striker' that is almost something that doesn't exist.

Last season those that scored 20+ goals:

Championship
- Vydra - 21 (6 pens)
- grabban - 20 (6 pens)

League 1
- Marriott - 27 (1 pen)
- Pitman - 23 (4 pens)

League 2 -
Kee - 25 (7 pens)
Mcnulty - 23 (4 pens)
Eisa - 22
Hylton - 21 (5 pens)
Doidge - 20 (1 pen)

Strip out pens and not too many are above 20 goals. Those that are have either moved or will be moving for millions (Eisa).

So lets not beat every attacker with the 'he doesnt score much' stick

Oh and talking about '20 goal a season striker' that is almost something that doesn't exist.

Championship
- Vydra - 21 (6 pens)
- grabban - 20 (6 pens)

League 1
- Marriott - 27 (1 pen)
- Pitman - 23 (4 pens)

League 2 -
Kee - 25 (7 pens)
Mcnulty - 23 (4 pens)
Eisa - 22
Hylton - 21 (5 pens)
Doidge - 20 (1 pen)

Strip out pens and not too many are above 20 goals. Those that are have either moved or will be moving for millions (Eisa).

Sssssshhhhhh. 4-4-2 being effective and wily fox managers. I want my 20 goal a season striker now.

Championship
- Vydra - 21 (6 pens)
- grabban - 20 (6 pens)

League 1
- Marriott - 27 (1 pen)
- Pitman - 23 (4 pens)

League 2 -
Kee - 25 (7 pens)
Mcnulty - 23 (4 pens)
Eisa - 22
Hylton - 21 (5 pens)
Doidge - 20 (1 pen)

Well quite.

Although I see no reason to discount penalties. Otherwise you might as well remove goals from free kicks, lucky mis-kicks and any deflections off the a**e of a fortunate striker!

Well quite.

Although I see no reason to discount penalties. Otherwise you might as well remove goals from free kicks, lucky mis-kicks and any deflections off the a**e of a fortunate striker!

It's ridiculous to assume that all penalties result in goals as well. Surely a good penalty taker is the sign of a good striker?

Back
Top Bottom